Conundrum

Fat people are offended by Pixar's WALL-E

I WISH a movie was 8 bucks. Tickets are $12 something here. :S

You've got to be KIDDING me!... >:(

The last time I was at the movies wasn't too long ago ("Horton Hears a Who") - maybe the price has gone up; hopefully not that much though. [:/]

Paid $8 backs last time I went.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Overweight viewers are protesting the film's depiction of a world ruined by "doughy and lazy folk who drink liquid cupcakes and can't even really walk."

Hey, whatever gets them off the couch!

I thought it was a cute movie. Luckily, I timed it right to see it in an almost empty theater. Unfortunately, some chump came and dumped his kids (4 of them under 6yrs or so) in the theater while he went to go see something else. They behaved, but I thought that was hugely irresponsible. Just one more reason not to go to the theaters.
Oh, hello again!

http://junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/2008/01/no-fat-people-allowed-only-slim-will-be.html

House Bill 282 was introduced in the 2008 Mississippi legislative session on Friday by Representative W.T. Mayhall, Jr., a retired pharmaceutical salesman with DuPont-Merk. Its co-authors are Bobby Shows, a businessman, and John Read, a pharmacist.

The full text reads:

HOUSE BILL NO. 282

An act to prohibit certain food establishments from serving food to any person who is obese, based on criteria prescribed by the state department of health; to direct the department to prepare written materials that describe and explain the criteria for determining whether a person is obese and to provide those materials to the food establishments; to direct the department to monitor the food establishments for compliance with the provisions of this act; and for related purposes. Be it enacted by the legislature of the state of Mississippi:

SECTION 1.

(1) The provisions of this section shall apply to any food establishment that is required to obtain a permit from the State Department of Health under Section 41-3-15(4)(f), that operates primarily in an enclosed facility and that has five (5) or more seats for customers.

(2) Any food establishment to which this section applies shall not be allowed to serve food to any person who is obese, based on criteria prescribed by the State Department of Health after consultation with the Mississippi Council on Obesity Prevention and Management established under Section 41-101-1 or its successor. The State Department of Health shall prepare written materials that describe and explain the criteria for determining whether a person is obese, and shall provide those materials to all food establishments to which this section applies. A food establishment shall be entitled to rely on the criteria for obesity in those written materials when determining whether or not it is allowed to serve food to any person.

(3) The State Department of Health shall monitor the food establishments to which this section applies for compliance with the provisions of this section, and may revoke the permit of any food establishment that repeatedly violates the provisions of this section.

SECTION 2. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after July 1, 2008.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I wonder how it died. Eaten alive by its protesters?

It was a good idea anyway. We'll get those fat bastards somehow. :D

It died because the committee hasn't returned from their lunch break. It was all you can eat fried mayonnaise day at "Bob's Big Bottom Buffet".

Overweight viewers are protesting the film's depiction of a world ruined by "doughy and lazy folk who drink liquid cupcakes and can't even really walk."

LMFAO:D:D Definatly going to go and see this now.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Not been reading this thread, but have just seen the film, and if there are fat people genuinely offended by this then they have missed the point absolutely spectacularly. (So spectacularly, in fact, that I'd have to assume they were deliberately complaining for the sake of complaining).

Christ; I'm almost tempted to resign and set up a survival school for the fuckers.

I'd absolutely promise that in a 3 week period you'd lose at least a stone! It'd be simple! Put them on a basic E&E exercise. They don't have to starve. The first week could consist of basic survival; building shelters, obtaining water and simple foods from the land. Like Ray Mears - they'd fuckin' love it! The second week would be me chasing them across the area, it'd be like "SAS - are you hard enough!!?":D With the third being in the bag, a simple RtoI session!B|

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

...a simple RtoI session!B|

... means what??

@shropshire:

with no RTU option available!!

... means what?

Man, I'm trying hard to understhand those millions of abbreviations you English/American speaking guys use but, sometimes I just can guess :S - that gets on my nerves!

Danke! ;)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I just watched the film, really if fat people took offence at that they'll take offence at anything. Still if it help their feelings I say throw them a Hershie bar and say sorry.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Is it? I didn't see any dedicated Escape and Evasion sessions whilst living off the land, neither was anyone in the bag.:)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'