christelsabine

European Soccer Championships

Great. I love soccer. If I can't sleep I just turn on a soccer game and presto I'm out like a light. Better and cheaper than Lunesta!:ph34r:

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Grrr.... you should have said the score was in here!!!

I was planning on watching the game tonite

I'm still bummed about Croatia losing on PK's but at least Turkey is gone now
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I had to watch it via streaming text feed at my damn desk. I always miss the best matches. This one looked fantastic. >:(

Deutschland gut getan!

We had some power supply failure and only watched last minutes over Swiss TV - Jesus, that was not bad :)

Now let's see who will be in the final: Spain or Russia ??

Soccer is not that bad. I love it.

:)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

And why is sports being discussed in Speakers Corner? Shouldn't it be in The Bonfire? Or were you just being nice to me, since I'm banned from The Bonfire for the moment?

:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And why is sports being discussed in Speakers Corner? Shouldn't it be in The Bonfire? Or were you just being nice to me, since I'm banned from The Bonfire for the moment?

:D

You think Soccer is not political? Americans really don't understand the game.

Especially given the fact that AFN was warning of "possible riots" due to the game, when I came on shift tonight at work... ;)

Honestly, though... the same things happen at Superbowls, NBA/NHL championships, etc in the States...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The US Embassy issued a warning to US citizens abroad about German hooligan soccer fans.

Link

There - it's SC now.

They don't call it the beautiful game for nothing. I love international football. It's just a shame the US continually manages to suck ass. At least the women's team rocks.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Ausgezeichnet!!!! I was surprised the score wasn't more lopsided in Germany's favor. The stats on BBC's sports page showed the Turks played a far better game than I thought they would. Wish I'd seen the game...my friend has it on DVR, but it's less fun to watch already knowing the outcome.

This is going to be a great ending. The Russians are really pumped, though I think their match is up for grabs.

B|

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Great. I love soccer. If I can't sleep I just turn on a soccer game and presto I'm out like a light. Better and cheaper than Lunesta!:ph34r:

Admitted: it's a game that needs a 45 minute attention span or it might get to strenuous watch. If you expect 4 hours of lounging, incessant injections by talking heads, and frequent refrigerator and bath room trips during commercial breaks you're out of luck with soccer.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

it's always the same:
first 20 minutes - absolutly nothing, the team plays like the are on tranquilizers. then the german team gets the first goal. and the wake up long enough to catch up.
repeat the above.
and then, in the last seconds of the last minute, just when you think that a soccer team can't perform any worse, they make the winning goal :S

damn krauts :P:):o:):P

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Yep. Like one of your sport reporters said:

"It's always the same. A match takes 90 minutes. And the Germans win in the end, like usual."

It's always the same. Our boys start like lazy fat strollers, proceed same way until suddenly: There is the winning goal. Why? Few super strong minutes were enough to save their a**es. If that's all what it takes ......

:)

Joke aside: Without 2 or 3 strong boys in our team, we'd just be a bunch of losers. :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

if the russian team wins it will be the commies vs the krauts. i wonder who will win this time.... *

*) just to add some political/controversial stuff thus preventing the movement of this thread to bonfire :)

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

The Russians to win???? >:(

It's 3:0 for Spain, that's it! The Big Russian Bear lost all his claws, teeth - the Spaniards took them for a ride >:(

And the bystanders?

Jesus, it's all love and hugs and touching heads. [:/] Not one little fight, no bleeding noses, no flat flying beer bottles - they simply love each other!

David! Where are you? Will you be there next Sunday watching your team going to hell in a handbasket?? ;);)

So it will be Spain - Germany. 0:2 on Sunday ..

Cya

Christel B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

edit: WTF are we doing in here :o

:D:D:D Tell me ....

;);)

BTW: They cannot afford to kick all of us out - they need our mainland Euros. If they only would do that to the Brits, all of the sunloungers including towels would be ours ....:) - and a few more mainland tourists would have a beer or two more. :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105