BillyVance

Hooters Girl complains

http://careers.propeller.com/story/2008/06/08/breast-examination-at-my-hooters-job-go-angry-at-us?icid=1615984946x1203868259x1200410330

I wasn't sure if this should go into the Women's forum, but... Is this girl out of her mind? Everybody knows if you're a girl that applies for a job at Hooters, you're going to get stared at or hit on, cat-called, etc, during your employment there, even more so if you're hot. If you don't like the attention, go work elsewhere. :S

I haven't eaten at a Hooters in a long while, but when I eat there, I give the girls a cursory look-over and nothing more. Even my wife looks them up and down and asks me what I think of them. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"... and they are SPECTACULAR."

Damn, I miss that character![:/]:D

Here is a great clip with Jackie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzowSs9mNOM

(For those who haven't seen it: Kramer spilled hot coffee in his lap and hired Jackie to sue the vendor. Someone gave Kramer a balm to put on the burn, and Jackie is PO'd because it healed the burn before they could use it as evidence.):D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Damn, I miss that character![:/]:D

Here is a great clip with Jackie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzowSs9mNOM

(For those who haven't seen it: Kramer spilled hot coffee in his lap and hired Jackie to sue the vendor. Someone gave Kramer a balm to put on the burn, and Jackie is PO'd because it healed the burn before they could use it as evidence.):D

That's egregious!!

on that subject - when I went to Costa Rica, I stayed a night at the beginning/end of my trip in San Jose next to a Hooters.

I don't know if San Francisco is much worse than the rest of the US, but the difference from the SF Hooters and the San Jose one was totally SPECTACULAR. At least a cup size average.

From her rant:

The more we flirt with the men the more money we will get..so we flirt.

There's a term for this kind of activity........wait, um.... hang on...it's.......oh yeah.

Whoring.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

From her rant:

The more we flirt with the men the more money we will get..so we flirt.

There's a term for this kind of activity........wait, um.... hang on...it's.......oh yeah.

Whoring.

Interesting enough, Hooters is now apparently a family restaurant. A bunch of us guys went there for some beers over dinner last weekend around 5pm on a Saturday. There was a line to get in because a bunch of 4th grade kids and their families were there after a baseball game. Along with all the other families there the place was full. This also happened to be in one of the bigger suburbs here around town and there is no less than 35 other restaurants within a 3 mile radius of it. Also, there is a huge BW3 about 4 blocks away if they were looking for a family place for wings.

I forget...Is that freedom for or oppression of women?

either, neither, or both - it depends on which position you want to get shrill about today

I'd flip a coin and then get going on it

today, I'd like to say it's "oppressingly liberating"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'd like to say it's "oppressingly liberating"

LOL

Love the response of 'scholarlymama' ie if you don't like what comes with the territory, get out of the territory.

While fending off physical advances is a legitimate grievance, (ie if the 'look but don't touch' rule is good enough for strippers, she's well within her rights to expect at least that much as a waitress!) the gawking is a response to the uniform she gets paid to wear.

But I must admit the comment about "being born with a beautiful body" had me in stitches....what are fat people born with?:D
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Typical American woman.

Dressing in a way to attract male attention, what does she expect?

Not to mention the very nature of the job -- it's Hooters for f.cks sake.

Dressing like "Look at me, Look at me..." Then when a guy gives her the attention "Don't look at me, what are you looking at, you pig!"

This is why I have a thing for foreign women. Rarely do you get such attitude whether they're European, South American, Asian, etc...just speaking from personal experience...of course my generalization may be off the mark to some.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Interesting enough, Hooters is now apparently a family restaurant. A bunch of us guys went there for some beers over dinner last weekend around 5pm on a Saturday. There was a line to get in because a bunch of 4th grade kids and their families were there after a baseball game.

Pretty funny. I'll have to try that next time we're on the road with the baseball team. Before we vote on where to go to eat though; I'll invoke a seldom enforced and little known rule where each dad counts for one vote, and moms and players count for half a vote each.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

...of course my generalization may be off the mark to some.

Got a foggy notion of that possibility, do ya?

I mean seriously -- what could be stupid about lumping 150 million women together in regards to a news item like this?

. . =(_8^(1)

I worked at Hooter's for a little over a year. It has become a family restaurant. I never felt like I was treated like a piece of meat. Sure, you get the occasional drunk guy that takes it too far but anytime I felt uncomfortable I would tell the manager and he/she would take over the table and if they continued they would be asked to leave. Hooter's actually has some pretty strict rules while you're in uniform. Like No flirting, drinking, sitting down with customers. They tell you to act silly, bubbly, cheerleader like but they would never say flirt for better tips.

I forget...Is that freedom for or oppression of women?

either, neither, or both - it depends on which position you want to get shrill about today

I'd flip a coin and then get going on it

today, I'd like to say it's "oppressingly liberating"

LMAO,...Very good:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

on that subject - when I went to Costa Rica, I stayed a night at the beginning/end of my trip in San Jose next to a Hooters.

I don't know if San Francisco is much worse than the rest of the US, but the difference from the SF Hooters and the San Jose one was totally SPECTACULAR. At least a cup size average.

Do you know why the Hooter's Girls in SF don't wear mini skirts?

Cause their balls would hang out.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)