Amazon

The Assassination Factor

The author is speaking of nut-jobs - he should look in the mirror! What a dumbass.

:S

Vinnie has made a good point. Think about everyone who has tried to assassinate a President: They are ALL nutcases. (John Hinckley, Squeaky Fromme, Oswald etc.)

Trying to associate them with a large political trend misses the point.

No, it illustrates it - that's how they view the conservatives. Look at posting histories here and you'll have all the proof you need.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You're giving the subject more attention that warranted. Shooting randomly from the White House gate isn't a serious attempt. That they captured him alive is further proof of this.

Lee Harvey Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan were both captured alive. They were pretty serious.

their seriousness was marked by the fact that they actually shot at a person, not the side of a building, and hit their target.

I think it is very telling that it is a subject a lot of people do not want to discuss; and even here there are voices that do not want to acknowledge this as a serious issue.

As I wrote, I see it the other way. I think the primary motivation in continuously talking about this as a likely outcome is to denigrate Obama as a candidate, both to the benefit of Clinton now and McCain in the fall. It's really the last ploy for Hillary that has any chance of getting her superdelegate votes.

What I believe is most likely to happen is the same as what will happen when hundreds of thousands of gays start marrying again next month. Lots of people will bitch and moan about the end of the world, it won't happen, and then people will get a life and move on. The same thing that will happen when a woman (other than Clinton) eventually wins the presidency.

No, it illustrates it - that's how they view the conservatives. Look at posting histories here and you'll have all the proof you need.

With as many right wing i.e. "conservative" hate groups......the SPLC shows about 888 hate groups with members who could easily be motivated by "conservative" radio to go after Obama just because their ideology demands it of them....yeah... I think that is pretty good proof.

The upsurge of hate groups and militias as part of the "conservative" backlash to a white moderate/liberal was very apparent during the 90's. Do you actually believe that its not a valid fear that if a black man... a liberal.....gets elected it will be any different from the right wing????

What I believe is most likely to happen is the same as what will happen when hundreds of thousands of gays start marrying again next month. Lots of people will bitch and moan about the end of the world, it won't happen, and then people will get a life and move on. The same thing that will happen when a woman (other than Clinton) eventually wins the presidency.

I personally believe the same groups are just as invested with going after Hillary...if she is elected.

Perhaps she will get to actually run from snipers bullets... she was just channeling the future instead of her past.

You keep quoting the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Good old ambulance chaser, Morris Dees.
He isn't pursuing racial issues, he is well known for the money that he makes on these cases.

Dees has developed an industry. His "records" are just trial evidence waiting to be used.

His basic tactic is to find someone who was killed in a death involving two races. Rarely are they politically motivated.

Dees looks for any conservative, even non-racial, documents in the house, establishes the reading materials as motivation, and then sues the publisher.
He steals building, homes, whatever.

Dees is just a criminal with a law degree.
He is only a hero to the uneducated and the sue-happy get-rich types.

He's not generally quoted by respected liberal journalists because no one wants to be associated with the sleazeball.

So do you know of any right wing "conservative" organization tracking what the fringe right wing is doing????

Please enlighten all of us on that one:S:S:S

The fox guarding the hen house comes to mind.

Or is that the FAUX NEWS guarding the White House:ph34r:

Personally I think that anthrax attack had white guy written all over it. Just like the DC sniper

DC sniper? The only one I'm familiar with is the string of sniper killings in VA near DC by two black guys, one driving, and the shooter hiding in the trunk shooting out of a hole in the lid.

Yep. That's the one. It's usually the white guy that does things like that - serial killing and stuff. I was wrong about the DC sniper.

And that's what I'm saying about this. We can jump to conclusions and be wrong.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

With as many right wing i.e. "conservative" hate groups......the SPLC shows about 888 hate groups with members who could easily be motivated by "conservative" radio to go after Obama just because their ideology demands it of them....yeah... I think that is pretty good proof

The same could be said about those who could be easily motivated by a liberal "leader" to go after Obama because the ideology demands it. Who killed Malcolm X? The KKK? Nope. A member of The Nation of Islam.

Who tried to kill Khalid Abdul Muhammed? A white guy? Nope.

Who killed MLK? A right-winger? No. An escaped psychopath.

Who killed JFK? The John Birch Society? No. A committed communist.

RFK? A white right winger? Nope.

Now - most of these I am talking about happened 40 years ago. The climate may change and I understand that.

The upsurge of hate groups and militias as part of the "conservative" backlash to a white moderate/liberal was very apparent during the 90's.

Actually, during the early 90's. Then a couple of true nut jobs did something truly nut job in Oklahoma City. Subsequently, the death of the militia movement was palpable in the immediate aftermath, was it not?

Do you actually believe that its not a valid fear that if a black man... a liberal.....gets elected it will be any different from the right wing????

Do you actually think it will be any different if a black man...the one who interfered with the divine right candidate and established power...gets elected it will be any different with the left wing?

You think the Clinton supporters are happy that the only person standing in the way of her presidency is that guy?

Jeanne - let us take a look at the past. This constituency that she has been seeking - the working class whites - are TRULY the swing voters.

Recall that Hillary's husband grew up with this base - the hardworking poor white guys"who feel left out, feel that [Democrat] reforms always come at their expense. Think about it, every progressive advance our country has made since the Civil War has been on their backs. They're the ones asked to pay the price of progress. Now, [Democrats] are the party of progress, but let me tell you, until [they] find a way to include these boys in [their] programs, until [they] stop making them pay the whole price of liberty for others, [Democrats] are never going to unite [their] party, never really going to have change that sticks." - Bill Clinton to Hillary Clinton after the 1994 elections

And now Hillary is fomenting these guys into fear that Obama will, once again, balance the price of progress on them. Hillary alleges that Obama is "elitist" and that "hard-working white" people won't support him.

Face it, folks. We've all seen a HELLUVA LOT more racism coming from the Dems this year. Hillary herself identifies it as white versus black. It's us versus him.

What's next from Hillary on the campaign trail? Fourteen words?

Subsequently, the death of the militia movement was palpable in the immediate aftermath, was it not?

No.. but they sure did get paranoid about who they would let in... since the FBI was targeting them for surveilence.
That has all ceased under Bush. The external threat was deemed more of a clear and present danger. The militias and white supremeacists are still around... they are very effective at using the internet to recruit from the ranks of the dumb as dirt and proud of it..

The good ole boys may have been yellow dog dems when Bill was growing up.. now they are staunch supporters of the C of CC and Bush.. and Haley Barbour et al. They ran away from the Democratic party long ago.

You're giving the subject more attention that warranted. Shooting randomly from the White House gate isn't a serious attempt. That they captured him alive is further proof of this.

Lee Harvey Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan were both captured alive. They were pretty serious.

their seriousness was marked by the fact that they actually shot at a person, not the side of a building, and hit their target.

And whether or not they were captured alive or not is irrelevant to their seriousness. So you agree with me?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

And whether or not they were captured alive or not is irrelevant to their seriousness. So you agree with me?

no.

but it's a meaningless diversion of the subject, so I don't care to correct you on it. Too close to the weekend.

they are very effective at using the internet to recruit from the ranks of the dumb as dirt and proud of it..

So is George Soros, with a key difference - he recruits those who are dumb as dirt and are too stupid to know it, and think they are smarter than everyone else.

The good ole boys may have been yellow dog dems when Bill was growing up.. now they are staunch supporters of the C of CC and Bush.. and Haley Barbour et al. They ran away from the Democratic party long ago.

Really? Where, pray tell, have the big race problems been this last decade? Seems the neo-nazis are alive and well in places like Toledo, Ohio. Hillary won Ohio.

Are Pennsylvania cops in the news at all lately regarding race relations? Hmm.

I believe, Jeanne, that you are allowing your personal feelings and political viewpoints to obscure realities. Racist crackers are alive and well in the Democratic Party. The soft-racism shown by the party since the days of the Great Society is becoming hard-racism.

The GOP is not free of racists. Not by a long-shot. However, neither is the Democratic Party - not even close.

How many Democratic voters would not vote for Obama because he is black? Polls showed that there were millions of Democratic voters who matched that description.

We don't know the polling numbers of Republican voters yet. We'll get some. But right now, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that a significant number of Democrats HATE the thought of a black president - especially one who displaces a Clinton.

Oh I saw significat blatant racism in the northern cities when I was growing up....I know there are lenty of them up north too.

Most of the large cities are still segragated to a large degree based on racial/economic boundries. Milwaukee and Chicago come readily to mind.

Seattle also has a black ghetto as do most cites I have been to in the top 100 largest.

so I don't care to correct you on it

When people take the time and effort to write that they don't want to take the time and effort to present an argument, it's generally a tacit admission that they know they're wrong.

So do you know of any right wing "conservative" organization tracking what the fringe right wing is doing????

Please enlighten all of us on that one:S:S:S

That makes little sense, why would I explain it?
Why cons monitor cons ? The libs track the cons and vice-versa.
Check and balance is done by opposing political groups. I hope that was sufficient enlightenment.

The responsibility for tracking threat-groups belongs to the FBI. All the weirdness is spread around politically.
Clinic bombers - religious groups.
Transmission tower and SUV bombers - Earth First - radical lib.
IRS building bombers - loner.
Presidential shooters - all just crazies.

Besides, it seems obvious to me that Obama is more conservative than McCain. Personally, I think he is candidate material.

I would think that the danger would be a radical Hillary supporter. Some radical fem will shot the guy standing in Hillarys way.

Libs shoot people too. Squeaky Fromme (liberal and nutcase) tried to shoot Ford.

Hillary definitely leads from the front on the crazy platform.

:D:D
If things get out of hand during international negotiations, they just have a puffy-eyed 14 yo version of Meryl Streep to come in and say that. :D

The conservatives are providing special security for Hillary.
They are concerned that the DNC may make a try for her, in order to stem the tide of damage to their image.
Nothing could be better for conservatives than to have Hillary get the nomination.

"See? This is a crazy liberal."
They don't even have to print caricatures.

The security detail really gets confused when Bill Clinton shows up. :ph34r:
"Sir, we feel that we should arm them both..."
"It's 7-4 Hillary right now. Do you want to get in ?"
:ph34r:

Since McClain is the "Class Clown" (Mr. I'll Stay In Iraq For another 100 years" is where he lost me. Hikkary is a freaking joke, and Obama won't make it one way or another. I've decided to write myself in on tha ballot. I encourage each and every one of you to do the same. Please don't miss your constituntional right by not votimg. I've heard a lot of folks say they are not going to vote. Exercise your right to vote, but remember the candidates that are offered does not have to affect you voting.

Can we get a few more choices to choose from. The peanut gallery does not have enough NUTS! :P:S:S

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

When people take the time and effort to write that they don't want to take the time and effort to present an argument, it's generally a tacit admission that they know they're wrong.

or boredom. I could work a full time job correcting the crappy analogies in this forum. If you can't plainly see the difference between Oswald and a nameless looney who shot randomly at a building a couple hundreds yards away, no amount of effort on my part will fix it.

or boredom. I could work a full time job correcting the crappy analogies in this forum. If you can't plainly see the difference between Oswald and a nameless looney who shot randomly at a building a couple hundreds yards away, no amount of effort on my part will fix it.

First class body swerve maestro!

My observation was solely concerned with your statement that the loony in question being captured alive was proof that his attempt was not serious. My counterexamples (two succesful assassins, therefore as serious as you can get, who were captured alive) showed this to be false.

I originally intended it as a throwaway line, however your subsequent dodging and diving to avoid the point has got me interested. Is it really that hard to admit you said something wrong?

My observation was solely concerned with your statement that the loony in question being captured alive was proof that his attempt was not serious. My counterexamples (two succesful assassins, therefore as serious as you can get, who were captured alive) showed this to be false.

I originally intended it as a throwaway line, however your subsequent dodging and diving to avoid the point has got me interested. Is it really that hard to admit you said something wrong?

How about for you?

There's a huge difference in surrendering after you've successfully killed your target than before.

How about for you?

There's a huge difference in surrendering after you've successfully killed your target than before.

Sirhan Sirhan didn't surrender, he was tackled to the ground by bystanders. Exactly like Fransisco Duran. Back to you;)

All hail Obama the savior of the galaxy, for he is not corrupt, and really does care about our rights.

Although he has done nothing about anything that he has proposed, except to propose it, and in fact in the past ahs worked towards removing our rights

All that will be different if he is elected though.:S