DSE

"White People, Get Over Yourselves"

Well said.

Especially the part about the crap Jerry Falwell has said over the years which gets a "pass" from the Religious Right.

It is sad that much of this is being driven by Election Year Politics where the Republicans would rather go toe-to-toe with Clinton and all her baggage and flaws.

Thanks for posting the vid.

Have a good one.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Sorry, I watched the video twice and disagree with most of it.

People have always been judged by the company they keep. For the last 20 years, Obama has been hanging out with racist Rev. Wright. Does that not say something?

God-damn America........the American government developed AIDS to destroy black people.....blah, blah, blah. Rev. Wright is a scumbag.

Continually blaming white people for your problems is not the solution. Perhaps if we stopped labeling everyone "white" or "black", we'd begin to make progress.....
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Sorry, I watched the video twice and disagree with most of it.

People have always been judged by the company they keep. For the last 20 years, Obama has been hanging out with racist Rev. Wright. Does that not say something?

God-damn America........the American government developed AIDS to destroy black people.....blah, blah, blah. Rev. Wright is a scumbag.

Continually blaming white people for your problems is not the solution. Perhaps if we stopped labeling everyone "white" or "black", we'd begin to make progress.....

Well said.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

...from my perspective. Your thoughts?

My first thought was: It's one perspective.

The problem--in my perspective--isn't the denying of the existence of inequalities, but rather the failure to accept one's own perspective isn't the only correct one. Or conversely, it could be argued no one perspective is correct. One thing's for certain: Our own perspective is always correct to us because that's what happened, that's what we heard, that's what we saw and that's what we felt.

The gentleman in the video would obviously have a different perspective than I do.

His comments are interesting and not unfounded, but "100% true", "spot on" or "100% correct"? Not from my perspective.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

>People have always been judged by the company they keep. For the last
>20 years, Obama has been hanging out with racist Rev. Wright. Does that
>not say something?

It says the same thing about him that it says about McCain, who hangs around with equally racist and bigoted people - that they have friends with flaws, as we all do. Are you going to disown your 4-way cameraman because he smoked pot once? Or are you going to leave the dropzone because the manifest girl thinks the US is doing some very bad things in Iraq? I suspect not. I suspect you, like most people, just accept that they think differently than you do.

>Continually blaming white people for your problems is not the solution.

Agreed. Continually blaming people for that OTHER people say is not the solution, either - unless your one and only goal is making someone lose an election.

Exactly. Not all (or most) white folks "deny history".

From your perspective, anyway.
Curious as to where you might live, geographically?

Sure, from my perspective I don't run across many white people who deny our history of slavery and racism. I live in Denver, CO.

. . =(_8^(1)

thanks for the link
most of it comes down to the perspective one takes...

learning to see things,,, from MANY perspectives, prepares us to be reasonable beings...

too many people regardless of race or heritage spend their entire lives,,, looking at certain "sensitive topics",, the exact same way...
even becoming MORE staunch about their position, whenever sensible arguments to accepting an alternate way of thinking are presented....

the key just might be to open up our collective minds, and view such patterns of behavior, from many angles... and intelligently
strive for what is best, for the most...

when i first saw Rev Wright... I thought 2 things...

1. man this guy Is a PREACHER...!! complete with the the bombastication part,,, down pat!!!.

2. damn. this man's words,,,, (outrageous as they may seem).....are a scarring indictment against the ENTIRE Politico-Economic establishment, into which the U S A has deteriorated ,,,, to the detriment of the very individuals whom it is supposed to represent....
I thought... "Wright ON " !!!...
what else does this guy have to say???

Do not miss the message, because the messenger was so distracting...
We should be careful not to cast Sen Obama in a poor light,,, simply because they shared sunday mornings in a church setting,,,, at some point in their lives...if we were all subject to scrutiny , based on our various associates,,,, many a skydiver would not fare so well.....;)B|:P

sometimes we should be made to hear ,, that which we dare not hear...

j

I can even begin to put into words the bs this is.

In short. Many blacks want to stay a victim. (I am not speaking to those that dont) To do so gives them the excuse to fail. (Everybody, including whites can do this)

Cosby and other say it very well but I know I will get flamed for this.

Obama made a speach he had to make for political reasons. Add to the mix what he did (said) today and it supports my point more than I ever could.

Obamas speach was a racist diatribe and it should be called for what it is. Nothing more.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Isn't it always about perspective? Aren't our perspectives are borne from our experiences? Our experiences are wildly varied. What two people take from the exact same experience may tremendously vary depending on their perspectives going into the experience, based on unrelated past experiences.
And in a back-handed way, that's part of what I get from the message.
As five-fingered humans, we're all the same. Beyond that, we're as different as all the colors of the universe and if we can't learn to accept those differences, even revel in them, what the hell are we here for? Everything that exists in the world today exists because someone wasn't OK with status quo or where they were going. If we all thought the same about everything, what a horrible place this life would be.

RushMC, do you feel the playing field for non-whites has been level for the past....40 years? Not even a full generation. Has the playing field been level? Is it level now?

>Many blacks want to stay a victim.

Agreed. But that has nothing to do with what he said.

>Obamas speach was a racist diatribe . . .

I don't think you could possibly miss the point by a wider margin. You honestly think that a speech that talks about the history of blacks in the US is racist, but saying "blacks want to stay a victim" isn't? If so, well . . .

RushMC, do you feel the playing field for non-whites has been level for the past....40 years? Not even a full generation. Has the playing field been level? Is it level now?

In a word? No. But I can tell you it is not level where I work either. And I am not the one getting the benifit.

My point more than anything else is, if you want an excuse, you can find one.

Will any field ever be level? Is life fair? (remember that one?)

Only you (self) can decide if you need to find an excuse or, over come the bs.

The video was bs. Obamas speach was bs and that is supported by what he did today.

Anyone can play the victim. The black community has a few brave souls who have pointed this out (Cosby is one of them) and they get attacked. Why, cause Faracon and Jackson make money with thier victims.

Anybody, playing a victim only suceeds in giving themselves the excuse to (fill in the blank)

And that in not just blacks....
Abraham Lincoln

>Many blacks want to stay a victim.

Agreed. But that has nothing to do with what he said.

>Obamas speach was a racist diatribe . . .

I don't think you could possibly miss the point by a wider margin. You honestly think that a speech that talks about the history of blacks in the US is racist, but saying "blacks want to stay a victim" isn't? If so, well . . .

And I think you miss the point by the same margin.

Where does that leave us?

Yes, Obams is one of the biggest media supported racists I have ever seen. That is a fact IMO
Abraham Lincoln

In a word? No. But I can tell you it is not level where I work either. And I am not the one getting the benifit.

My point more than anything else is, if you want an excuse, you can find one.

Will any field ever be level? Is life fair? (remember that one?)

Only you (self) can decide if you need to find an excuse or, over come the bs.

The video was bs. Obamas speach was bs and that is supported by what he did today.

Anyone can play the victim. The black community has a few brave souls who have pointed this out (Cosby is one of them) and they get attacked. Why, cause Faracon and Jackson make money with thier victims.

Anybody, playing a victim only suceeds in giving themselves the excuse to (fill in the blank)

And that in not just blacks....

Well heck, if a black man (Bill Cosby) points out that his people have problems, then damn! He MUST be absolutely right because HE did it, and HE is black, and HE can see the problems of black America even from his ivory tower (formerly the highest-paid entertainer in the US). Ouch, my cheek hurts.

So...We'll play basketball. Let's tilt the court in my direction so that to score the same basket, your team has to run uphill for every one of their goals. While we're at it, we'll put hobbles on your team as well. We'll leave the hobbles in place and the court tilted for all but the last 5 minutes of the game.
I'm sure that you won't mind when after the game I'm standing in front of the world saying "The court is flat, they had the same opportunity to win as I did.
Your perspective is that all people of color choose to be victims.
A-that has nothing to do with this video
B-it's incorrect
C-Even with all the incentives the government provides on the surface, does that mean they really work anyway? If so, why aren't there high numbers of non-whites running around the USA, in any percentage of high office or community representation? it sure isn't because anyone is stupid or incapable....

BTW, it's "Farrakhan." And he's a caricature. Just like Bill Cosby. Just like Bill O'Reilly, just like Jon Stewart. They're role-playing. If you buy into one of them, you have to buy into all of them, IMO. They're all equally disconnected from the people they purport to represent. You don't think Bill Cosby makes money from his color and his words?
I agree, there are lots of excuses. On BOTH sides.

I have no idea where you got some of your conclusions from.

Imagine that.

When you want to have a discussion involving opposing ideas why dont you come back. It could be good learning for both of us.

By the way. You, yes YOU, distort terribly the point I was trying to make and that is a shame

HINT: speaking in absolutes is a tactic
Abraham Lincoln

This guy should get over himself. He's just another apologist for Wright. There's no way to finesse "9/11 was the chickens coming home to roost". Wright's is not liberation theology, it's the philosophy of "my pain is the only pain worth respecting." And he's shown just how self-centered he is with his recent actions. He could give a shit whether he's helping or hurting Obama.

>There's no way to finesse "9/11 was the chickens coming home to roost".

Let's take a counterexample.

Let's say that people decided that we're not doing enough for affirmative action. They decide to exclude whites from certain schools to "balance things" - and suddenly you find yourself unable to get an education, outside of a shack someone builds to teach the whites who can't get into the public schools. You find out that you're not allowed to get married to the woman you love, because the government decides to push interracial marriages in the interests of racial harmony. You are denied every job you apply for because you're not black.

What would your response be? Would you just suck it up and not bitch about it? Or would you play the victim card, and criticize the system instead of "taking responsibility for your own failures?"

>There's no way to finesse "9/11 was the chickens coming home to roost".

Let's take a counterexample.

Let's say that people decided that we're not doing enough for affirmative action. They decide to exclude whites from certain schools to "balance things" - and suddenly you find yourself unable to get an education, outside of a shack someone builds to teach the whites who can't get into the public schools. You find out that you're not allowed to get married to the woman you love, because the government decides to push interracial marriages in the interests of racial harmony. You are denied every job you apply for because you're not black.

What would your response be? Would you just suck it up and not bitch about it? Or would you play the victim card, and criticize the system instead of "taking responsibility for your own failures?"

WOW, what a stretch. Do you really think this is an apples to apples comparison?
Abraham Lincoln