Darius11

Got an Email from Family in Iran. Titled Pictures of American solders that are not seen.

The caption also said.

Good people will be good, and bad people will be bad no mater where they happen to be.

This is not a post in support of the war I hope people will understand this.

This is a post in support of humanity.

More pictures some on next post some to big and i still have no idea how to make them smaller.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Whenever people think about war and things, most don't realize that the PEOPLE of a country should be spared the animosity.

I was scheduled to travel to Iran after law school at the end of September, 2001 with a couple of friends from school. Obviously, events made me change that.

Thank you, Darius.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Good people will be good, and bad people will be bad no mater where they happen to be.

That's so true. Hats off to our military folks. They deserve so much, yet get so little in return for their huge sacrifices both they AND their families make daily. The very LEAST we can do for them is support and honor them ...

I dont know about everyone else, but when I hear about or meet someone who is in the military they instantly get a 10 on my respect scale.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Those pictures are everywhere and easy to find, but when they're used in the press - the left calls them staged propaganda.
They're good kids doing great things. Brits and Americans alike.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

That's so true. Hats off to our military folks. They deserve so much, yet get so little in return for their huge sacrifices both they AND their families make daily. The very LEAST we can do for them is support and honor them ...

Sending them unnecessarily in harm's way is not a good way to support and honor them, though.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I dont know about everyone else, but when I hear about or meet someone who is in the military they instantly get a 10 on my respect scale.

just like any other profession there are good and bad... the JOB one takes does not get respect, the way an individual does WHATEVER IT IS THEY DO, is what earns respect in my book.

that which is given on assumption is valueless.

These appear to be examples of those who do a shitty job with dignity and honor, there are examples of the opposite type as well, who unfortunately get far more publicity.[:/]

Sending them unnecessarily in harm's way is not a good way to support and honor them, though.

Off in the distance Kallend wintesses a thread being posted in support of soldiers, he quickly grabs his laptop and dashes to the nearest starbucks to pull everyone in a happy place down into his dark world, how dare they have a positive outlook on something, they need to be set straight.

This thread had nothing to with politics Kallend, there are good people out there in the worst of places, please do us all a favor and resist the urge to taint it.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sending them unnecessarily in harm's way is not a good way to support and honor them, though

Is it unnecessary to rough them up in bootcamp? You know you can actually die in bootcamp, men have in the past. Is that unnecessarily placing them in harms way? "Oh yea umm my unit just got deployed and uh I want honored!! Don't send me into harms way!!! I want honored!!"

Just for clarification of my point of view.

This was not in support of the war but a reminder that when we speak of situations far away from our daily life, it is always good to remember we are talking about people on all sides. Our soldiers are people, and so are the Iraqis in those pictures. We are not talking about ruthless American solders who are there to kill brown people, and the people there are not crazy Muslims who want to kill and hurt us like some sort of boogie man.
Off course there are a few exceptions to the rule but it is always good to remember that they are the exceptions.

Most people are good.:)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Off in the distance Kallend wintesses a thread being posted in support of soldiers, he quickly grabs his laptop and dashes to the nearest starbucks to pull everyone in a happy place down into his dark world, how dare they have a positive outlook on something, they need to be set straight.

This thread had nothing to with politics Kallend, there are good people out there in the worst of places, please do us all a favor and resist the urge to taint it.

We see pictures of soldiers doing good things in a place they should never have been sent in the first place. Good for the soldiers, but NOT for the CinC. The troops can't help it if their CinC is a liar.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Now, understand that I disagree with Dr. Kallend on, let's see...everything. I probably dislike his choice of socks today.

I do think he distinguishes his opinions of soldiers versus the civilian leadership.

It's ok to question decisions that endanger your flesh and blood. The men in those pictures would fight to the death his right to do so. He's welcome at this table.

Even if his socks suck.

P.S. - If a Dem gets the White House and sends us on some BS operation, hands tied this time (ie Somalia), The good Doc better be just as loudly opposed. I'm counting on those principles.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

P.S. - If a Dem gets the White House and sends us on some BS operation, hands tied this time (ie Somalia), The good Doc better be just as loudly opposed. I'm counting on those principles.

Heh, time will tell.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

we have soldiers in IRAN ?????

my concern is for all these children,,, (where ever they may be in that part of the world)
who are growing up with
poverty, destruction, shacks for homes, frightened, and likely poorly educated Parents and grandparents, who see soldiers carrying automatic weapons...and who are geared with allll the latest in night vision equipment, high tech communication devices, ultra costly vehicles, and armaments.....
patroling the streets of these FOREIGN places, and Killing people when forced to...

Sure many men and women who are thrust into that chaos are able to remain charitable, and try to do whats right... and who could resist the sad and scared faces of these little kids...and in some way try to bring assurance and some kind of stabilty into their lives???

but it still IS and shall remain a bad bad situation, no matter how much we try to sugar coat it...
Nice pictures... but what a shame, that our brave enlistees and the soldiers of our "allies" need be faced with this dilemma , in the first place...

again i ask.. is this iraq or iran???

jmy