mnealtx

UK Fire crews demand attack protection

Damn... y'all be safe over there!!

From the Gazette - see website for full story.

Firefighters have called for more protection after a new report revealed a shocking catalogue of attacks against crews who face the daily threat of being ambushed, shot at, stabbed and abused.

The Fire Brigades Union claimed that the number of incidents is increasing even though official figures show a fall in attacks against crews.

The union estimated there are 40 attacks on firemen and women every week and said the number of incidents recorded by fire authorities in England and Wales are four times those in the official Government statistics.

Attacks increased by 15% last year but official Government figures showed a dramatic fall of 68%, said the union. In some parts of the country, attacks are so frequent that they are no longer reported, according to the FBU.

Firefighters have been pelted with bricks, bottles and stones as they tried to tackle fires and have been lured into ambushes by hoax calls, according to the report.

Some people have set booby traps for crews who have also been attacked with knives, petrol bombs and lumps of wood.

Afterthought: The folks doing this just aren't the sharpest crayons in the box, are they?? Nothing like attacking the folks that have come to put out the fire in your house... :S
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nothing like attacking the folks that have come to put out the fire in your house...

They probably are not THEIR houses..someone else owns them...certainly not the idiots setting the fires to get out of paying rents... or because they think the owners are slagging them off for not repairing the crap they broke.... because its not theirs and they dont give a rats ass about it...

I have had some really horrible renters>:(>:(>:(>:(

That's AFU.

A firefighter gets hurt because of someone's acts--good luck getting them convicted, a fire scene is inherently dangerous, and workers' comp would limit tort remedy.

A firefighter refuses to put the fires out in some shitty ghetto, and (the UK's version of Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson) and/or Anjem Choudary throw a royal shitfit on the 5pm news.

It's lose-lose either way for the firefighters, who just want to do their jobs...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I've seen people completely TRASH a place before moving out, just BECAUSE they were being moved out.

Must you bring the Clintons into every argument? B|

Ouch... that didn't even cross my mind as I was typing my post, but....:D:D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've seen people completely TRASH a place before moving out, just BECAUSE they were being moved out.

www.fair.org/index.php?page=1689

I had never heard about this. I can't believe that people would think that was true, as if the entire staff of Air Force 1 or the Marines and Secret Service at the White House were just standing around while something like that went down.

I did hear about W's missing from keyboards. I hope that one was true since it's pretty funny.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

www.fair.org/index.php?page=1689

I had never heard about this. I can't believe that people would think that was true, as if the entire staff of Air Force 1 or the Marines and Secret Service at the White House were just standing around while something like that went down.

I did hear about W's missing from keyboards. I hope that one was true since it's pretty funny.

"Air Force One... was stripped bare. The plane's...porcelain, china, and silverware and salt and pepper shakers, blankets and pillow cases, nearly all items bearing the presidential seal were taken by Clinton staffers" (Special Report with Brit Hume, 1/25/01).

Also reported on DrudgeReport.com, 1/24/01.

It was only *after* Andrews Air Force Base took the wind out of the story that Bush acknowledged nothing had been missing from the plane: "All the allegations that they took stuff off of Air Force One is simply not true." G.W.B, 2/13/01

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A good friend of mine worked as an EMT for a while and listening to his stories made my blood boil at times, they were constantly attacked by the people they were trying to help.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Here's an idea, call me crazy but if I was a firefighter and some little shit was having a go at me and putting myself and colleagues at risk, i'd take the big fuck off hose in my hands and wash their scummy asses down the street. Problem solved.

Just a thought.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Air Force One... was stripped bare. The plane's...porcelain, china, and silverware and salt and pepper shakers, blankets and pillow cases, nearly all items bearing the presidential seal were taken by Clinton staffers" (Special Report with Brit Hume, 1/25/01).

Also reported on DrudgeReport.com, 1/24/01.

It was only *after* Andrews Air Force Base took the wind out of the story that Bush acknowledged nothing had been missing from the plane: "All the allegations that they took stuff off of Air Force One is simply not true." G.W.B, 2/13/01

Uh huh right

For some, the story symbolized the difference between a morally compromised Clinton presidency and a more dignified, honorable Bush administration.

OOOPS

So much for THAT hypothesis:S:S

A good friend of mine worked as an EMT for a while and listening to his stories made my blood boil at times, they were constantly attacked by the people they were trying to help.

Same used to happen on the south side of Chicago, before they pulled down the projects. The EMTs wouldn"t go in unless accompanied by the police.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Here's an idea, call me crazy but if I was a firefighter and some little shit was having a go at me and putting myself and colleagues at risk, i'd take the big fuck off hose in my hands and wash their scummy asses down the street. Problem solved.

Just a thought.

Of course, if you wanted to be ironic (and keep yourself busy) you could try setting fire to their homes...

I would've thought the simultaneous stories of attacks on fire crews and the concern over the Mosquito would have led to a natural conclusion. If Liberty is concerned enough about teenagers rights to ask for a ban on the Mosquito, the device is probably effective enough to be used by fire crews....
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes