Skyrad

Should Europe and the rest of the world disarm the USA

it's funny though, I do think it would help the USA to go isolationist for a bit and rebuild our manufactuing base.

It probably would. However, if in Skyrad's plan the rest of the world calls in the loans, dumps their USD reserves and starts trading oil in Euro, the price of raw materials needed for manufacturing will grow to astronomical levels in USD.

When gas hits $10 USD per US Gallon or more, the products manufactured won't be able to be bought by most Americans.

the second amemdment was put in there at a time when America was very poor & had just finished an exhaustive & expensive war against a superpower.

Other well-developed countries could be looking at America & thinking it would be easy prey given the tiny size of its standing army (which the Americans couldn't really afford to keep up) so the Second Amendment was put in as a message to other countries to let them know:

"Hey, you may think you can defeat our little Army, but then you would have to deal with the American people. And (unlike the peasants of Europe) the American people are ARMED!"

>:(

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

When gas hits $10 USD per US Gallon or more, the products manufactured won't be able to be bought by most Americans.

Do you masturbate when thoughts like that run through your mind?

I don't know, and don't care, but when I hear comments of men thinking of other men masturbating reminds me of the urban cowboy. Maybe he could be one! Just a theory of mine.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

2) Should some unreasonable types object and refuse then We the rest of the world will inact an ecconomic boycott of all US products and services, diverting our spending power towards India, China and the far east markets. Seeing as your funny money is sliding down the crapper faster than last nights vindaloo this will help make up the minds of the few who resist the inevitable.

There aren't too many products made here anymore, so boycotting us won't help you much.

Just remember that Americans like a challenge.
Btw, let's hope that you don't want to play the game tit for tat. We do produce a large amount of grain products.
In a Mexican Standoff, any bets on who would last the longest?

Have fun jumping in the rain.:P

I doubt this would happen...out of sheer necessity we would open up more drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska as well as more drilling in Texas, so we could supply ourselves for quite some time.
WE would end all foerign imports, causing a huge impact to Japan and China economies.
We could go back to producing our own products...how would this be bad?
We would again have food reserves beyond our needs. With what we spend in foreign aid and military expenses, the offset of returning those funds to our own economy would be very welcome by most of us...
this is starting to sound like a good idea...although it would be very interesting to see any country try to invade simply to disarm us.

The majority of oil used in America comes from Canada and Mexico. I doubt Canada or Mexico would join the rest of the world ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I doubt this would happen...out of sheer necessity we would open up more drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska as well as more drilling in Texas, so we could supply ourselves for quite some time.

Lead time for such a ramp up is enormous, as in years.

WE would end all foerign imports, causing a huge impact to Japan and China economies.

China's biggest trading partner is the EU. Yes it would impact them, however, due to a much tighter control on their economy and market place it will also be much easier for them to absorb the impact.

They actually have huge amounts of excessive cash laying around as opposed to owing the rest of the world huge amounts of cash.

You forget that the USA is the worlds largest consumer of goods, therefore if we take away all of the rest of the worlds customer base, who is going to buy all your goods?

Next step is we discontinue all agriculture assistance including all foodstuffs shipped to any country, say helle to mass starvation unlike any the word has ever seen.

BTW how does the thought of a few well trained air crews flying raptors and B2B's perfoming strikes on your leaders sound?

BTW I realize you are only posting this for sake of discussion.

OH and all those meds we ship?, say hello to no more of that, sure there are pharmacological industries abroad, but they won't work too well when they are leveled to the ground.

Shipping via the oceans?, you will be making new coral reefs and fish attractors with your ships, they will be resting firmly on the bottom.

You actually think the US could sustain and finance continuous armed conflict against the rest of the world? remember that you likely won't have access anymore to the majority of the US military bases around the world.

Remember that funding by the rest of the world has been cut off. And, the USD is worth only a tiny fraction of its current worth.

I know it is a bit of an odd scenraio and likely won't play out that way, however a continuous armed conflict is likely not possible.

(the Russians found out the hard way how dedicated their soldiers where when they couldn't pay them anymore)

In the case of not being able to finance, well it seems you are forgetting what the USA started with in WWII, we had virtually nothing, and actually prospered.

Not forgetting, remembering that times are "slightly" different now compared to WWII.

(You do realize you are reacting exactly the way Skyrad would have wanted you to, in exact bully fashion :)

When faced with economic warfare what do you think would be the reaction of any power in the world capable of actually defeating the rest of the world?

You are having a hard enough time (actually it appears to be practically bankrupting the country) with two countries, while you are actually getting help from other countries. What makes you think you can defeat the whole world on your own?

It is not being a bully, just stating what we would be forced to do.

And as for things not being the same as WWII, not a great student of history are you?

Minor things change, but the scenario remains the same, you would have to come after us.

Unless you think you can drag our continent closer.

Or that Canada, would decide to oppose us, they might be liberal, but not completely daft.

Come and get them... :ph34r:

Really...we'll happily hand them over. Pass a mandate through the UN to make it official...:D

In fact, leave a contingent of UN troops here to do the hunting to help with wildlife population control and of course, manage law enforcement. :o

We'll also need some UN mandates to control the border with Mexico too.

We'll have to withdraw from NATO too, hope you don't run into a funding crisis over that.

Also, please ensure that the UN fulfills our commitments to Japan, ROK and Taiwan for strategic security matters.

Since you'll take care of us, please take all the radioactive waste from our submarines, nuclear weapon production, etc., and take care of it...put it away somewhere...

Pretty much just take over...

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Do you remember that beauty-contest-girl talking of a map shortage in America? (that was truly funny :)
For fucks sake everyone, you can't take these kind of discussions so serious. And if you did, do you really think that the people of the US is so superior that they would win, in the long run, against an enemy consisting of 20 times the population of the US, and consisting of the entire globe.

Nope.

I laugh at the arrogance of "Europe and the rest of the world". Instead of just being the rest of the world.

Most don't realize that Europe is really not really loved or embraced as a whole, by the rest of the world...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon