JohnRich

Organs to be taken without consent

As long as YOU agree with (insert jakee's position here) why else would even care???

I don't know what that means.

What do you think is wrong with my post? Do you want to live in a world with no law?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Remember not to limit your thinking to what individuals would do with no law - just think what corporations would try and get away with if there was no oversight! Would you really want to live in that world?

And so how does that tie in with your position that giving implied consent to the government is a good thing?
Owned by Remi #?

As long as YOU agree with (insert jakee's position here) why else would even care???

I don't know what that means.

What do you think is wrong with my post? Do you want to live in a world with no law?

No, I do not want to live in a world with YOUR type laws
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>They get undone when they aren't working.

Or are no longer needed.

>No doctor is going to subject a person to a hazardous surgery to remove a
>functional donated organ so it can be returned to a dead guy's family.

Perhaps not. But it can be done (for other reasons) and it has been done. "I don't like the idea" doesn't equate to "it can't be done."

No, I do not want to live in a world with YOUR type laws

Right - so you actually completely agree with the post of mine that you replied to, you just thought you'd throw in a gratuitous dig for no good reason. Real nice.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>No doctor is going to subject a person to a hazardous surgery to remove a
>functional donated organ so it can be returned to a dead guy's family.

Perhaps not. But it can be done (for other reasons) and it has been done. "I don't like the idea" doesn't equate to "it can't be done."

You will never admit when your analogies fail, will you? "Perhaps not" is weak. Not only will no doctor do it, there are virtually no families who would try to demand it be done. Instead they would go after the hospital for the desecration.

The state should assume that someone retains their rights unless they explicity give them up.

The question is whether a dead body has any rights, or could be even considered as "someone"?

Technically it could be even considered "abandoned property", in which case - in some countries I know about - the government gets kind of ownership about it.

Also AFAIK if a person had some property during their life, did not have a will regarding this property, and there were no legal successors or they refused it, it becomes property of State. If the body was the person's property, it seems to fit into the picture pretty well.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

The question is whether a dead body has any rights, or could be even considered as "someone"?

If the state is going to recognize religious rights then they pretty much have to allow that the "body" still has rights. Just my opinion.
Owned by Remi #?

If the state is going to recognize religious rights then they pretty much have to allow that the "body" still has rights. Just my opinion.

My understanding is that there is no thing like "religious rights" in civil states besides the right of a person to believe in whatever they want as long as it does not harm others. But the State itself does not follow those rights nor it requires others to do so. Like the person has the right to believe he is a saint, and does not have to work.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Technically it could be even considered "abandoned property", in which case - in some countries I know about - the government gets kind of ownership about it.

It's funny. I've never seen "the government" offering to pay burial expenses.

I think it's nice for people to donate organs, but I don't think organs should be donated by default.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

The state should assume that someone retains their rights unless they explicity give them up.

Also AFAIK if a person had some property during their life, did not have a will regarding this property, and there were no legal successors or they refused it, it becomes property of State. If the body was the person's property, it seems to fit into the picture pretty well.

In the UK you belong to the next of kin when you are dead.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

John, you and all the other wide-eyed, moon-bat conspiracy theorists can relax. (you mods can relax too, not a PA)
Unauthorized plundering of body parts would never happen in our idealistic brave new world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7192462.stm
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)