freethefly

11 point, 225 pound Buck!!!

No I didn't. You just didn't like what I said.

Now make yourself useful and show me where I went wrong with my windage calculation.

YOU went wrong when you said there was no skill involved and got (rightly) slapped down for it.

Make YOURSELF useful and stop whining.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

YOU went wrong when you said there was no skill involved and got (rightly) slapped down for it.

I didn't say there was no skill involved. That was John Rich's creative editting that misquoted me. Stop making things up.

Now about that windage...

I didn't say there was no skill involved. That was John Rich's creative editting that misquoted me. Stop making things up.

Now about that windage...

If it's so easy ("not rocket science" *is* in effect saying there's no skill involved) then YOU figure it out - I'm not a long range shooter and am unfamiliar with the loading mentioned.

Conversely, you could suck it up and admit you were mistaken.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If it's so easy ("not rocket science" *is* in effect saying there's no skill involved) then YOU figure it out - I'm not a long range shooter and am unfamiliar with the loading mentioned.

I did figure it out, John told me I was wrong and hasn't got the balls to tell me why he thinks I'm wrong. You see I am capable of calculating windage, I am also capable of calculating transfer orbits and I can shoot well enough to hit something the size of a door at 50 yards. You apparenly can't do at least two out of those three things.

I am not mistaken. Shooting is considerably easier than rocket science. Suck that up.

I did figure it out, John told me I was wrong and hasn't got the balls to tell me why he thinks I'm wrong. You see I am capable of calculating windage, I am also capable of calculating transfer orbits and I can shoot well enough to hit something the size of a door at 50 yards. You apparenly can't do at least two out of those three things.

Well, now that you've proven you're *SO* smart, do you feel any better? You do? GOOD boy!! *pats JackC on the head*

While you're at your little condescension kick...maybe some remedial spelling classes are in order.

As for the shooting part... come see me at the range sometime, and we'll see how things play out. Iron sights only, btw. While I said I wasn't a long-range shooter, I never said I couldn't shoot.

I am not mistaken. Shooting is considerably easier than rocket science. Suck that up.

*yawn* We're supposed to be impressed, right?

Ok...color me impressed.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I can shoot well enough to hit something the size of a door at 50 yards.

Doors don't move like greased lightening, twisting and turning. Not to mention that there was cattle also present in front and in back of the target that were also spooked and moving.
I'm happy you can hit a door at fifty yards. If I ever need someone to kill a door for me, I'll call you. I'll use my rounds for the deer. Besides, I can hit a moving deer at over 200 yards and I use open sights (I'll never put a scope on my Winchester).
I get the feeling your a city boy.
Have you ever actually went deer hunting?
Do you know the signs that tell you how the deer are moving? Do you know how a buck sounds or how a doe sounds. Do you know how a yearling sounds? Can you call a buck? How about a doe?
Deer can hear the faintest sound and can see and smell anything out of place in its home, the woods.
So, have ya ever deer hunt?
If not, you know nothing about what it takes to bring a big deer down.
I've placed a round in the kill spot and still have had to track the deer for near 3 to 4 miles.
Not easy to follow a blood trail through the woods, up and down the hills, through creek beds and thick brush. Even harder to do when the shot is made at sunset and you spend the next 5 hours tracking it.
Unless you know how to do that, best you do your hunting in the meat section of the grocery store.

To the folks who dispise deer hunting, you should be glad that it happens. Over popukated deer herds cause major crop damage, property damage, as well as car accidents that kill people. Thinning the herd helps to keep produce cost down, keeps property safe and makes the roads safer (I see deer everyday on my road). Thinning the herds also reduce the chance for certian illnesses to flourish that cause havoc amongst the deer population. Hunting is the balances that keeps them healthy.
Deer season also puts meat on the tables of a lot of people. People who would not otherwise have much to eat. A lot of venison is donated to the needy.
Deer may look all cute and friendly but, it is a wild animal and they can be mean. A cornered buck will charge you with antlers down. I know several guys who have been badly hurt by a pissed off deer.

I'm going back out on wednesday and then again in December.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Wow. I leave the forum for a few hours and when I come back, it smells like pee in here.

Yeah, some folks can't handle getting slapped down for talking trash... :)

Nah, I'm just marveling at "oh yea, well my talent at what I choose to do is more impressive than your talent at what you choose to do.":D
Let me know if you want to hear anyone boasting about GC/MS maintenance and optimization so I can mark my territory too:D

edited to add: I said it earlier, that was a good shot. And it's great that the second shot took him out efficiently with no more suffering. But for the record, if it were me, I would have shot the cow:)

Wow. I leave the forum for a few hours and when I come back, it smells like pee in here.

Yeah, some folks can't handle getting slapped down for talking trash... :)

Nah, I'm just marveling at "oh yea, well my talent at what I choose to do is more impressive than your talent at what you choose to do.":D
Let me know if you want to hear anyone boasting about GC/MS maintenance and optimization so I can mark my territory too:D

LOL...yeah, I noticed that too, hence the "bit-o-snark" in my response.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

But for the record, if it were me, I would have shot the cow:)

well, as long as you were going to eat it, I like deer meat, but still prefer beef (apparently, lately, as long as it's cooked enough to kill the nasties - when they should just irradiate it and fix the problem altogether)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

GC/MS

Had to look that up, just to see what it was...;)

I'm an old Strowger/XY stepping switch tech, myself, with a bit of OJT time on the Nortel DMS switch and (lately) some time assisting the actual admins on a G3R...current assist is figuring out a way to do a multi-line ringdown crash circuit.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Can one hunt deer with claymore mines?

One *can*, but it doesn't leave much for the stewpot...

I'm just in it for the video. :)

I recommend a Google search for the combination of "squirrel" and "catapult" ;)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

as long as it's cooked enough to kill the nasties

Anything beyond rare/medium rare and you will have ruined it.

you don't have the same health issue with a steak as you do ground meet - steaks, need to cook the surface enough to kill the shitborne particles - keep the middle as red or pink as you like. But ground meat has the surface crap stirred into the center.

Cook your hamburgers through - really 'should' use a thermometer, though I don't.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Oh yeah, well I hit a deer in a VAN...going 55 miles per hour with the headlights on and the horn BE-LOW-ING. That's an elusive creature you got there.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Oh yeah, well I hit a deer in a VAN...going 55 miles per hour with the headlights on and the horn BE-LOW-ING. That's an elusive creature you got there.

Take a walk through the woods and find one.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Take a walk through the woods and find one.

a van?

just put headlights and a horn on your bullet and the deer will jump right in front of it.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com