ryoder

Bridge Hero Gets Offer: Paid Tuition

You post a moving article about the actions of a good and decent person

Being good and decent... he probaly does not want to hang around with those who are not.

Ever since I was very young I was told you are known by the company you keep

Being good and decent... he probaly does not want to hang around with those who are not.

It's sad that people feel the need to crap all over good stories with petty partisan blather. Some people seem incapable of anything else. Not you, of course. :P

You would go be with the President in a heartbeat.....says a lot about things now doesnt it..

As I said its about the company you keep..... and sionce you apologists drool for the chance to be with your Great Leader.... go right ahead.

You must hate my guts then... :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

You would go be with the President in a heartbeat.....says a lot about things now doesnt it..

As I said its about the company you keep..... and sionce you apologists drool for the chance to be with your Great Leader.... go right ahead.

Yep, you must really hate my guts... :o
Make light!

This kid had a choice.. he made it...

I doubt you had a choice when that picture was taken....and knowing how you seem to feel about him and his Excellent Adventure in Iraq... I doubt if you would have done anything else.

History will judge him to be what he is...

Sounds like a really nice guy who's being rewarded for doing the right thing, and that he's completely overwhelmed at the moment, and smart enough to understand that being overwhelmed is a good time to go off and figure things out.

I wish him well.

Now get back to your bickering. Heaven forbid we should let a nice kid being rewarded for doing something good ruin the opportunity for a good fight.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This kid had a choice.. he made it...

I doubt you had a choice when that picture was taken....and knowing how you seem to feel about him and his Excellent Adventure in Iraq... I doubt if you would have done anything else.

History will judge him to be what he is...

Shows how little you do know. Neil (the guy I was running with) and I encouraged him and the Chief of Staff to allow the press corps to take some pics. Originally, it was going to be closed to the press.

That visit bolstered my position in fact. You are correct, history will indeed judge.
Make light!

What are you talking about?:S

Do you just make this stuff up,... to support some delusional fantasy?

Again - WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?:S:S:S

You sound pretty paranoid to me.

Getting back to the story (sort of)... do you think he snubbed Bush because of a general disdain for the man?

I ask because it seemed to me that he was just overwhelmed by all the the attention and didn't want to talk to anyone... not even the President of the United States.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again - WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You sound pretty paranoid to me.

Ah back to the personal attacks again...nice job.

>You post a moving article about the actions of a good and
>decent person... and focus on your own schadenfreude.

You think noting that he refused to become part of a photo-op is an indication that the original poster is taking pleasure in the pain of others?

I think the last paragraph is great too - because it indicates that this guy is more interested in taking care of his co-workers than in being in a photo-op with a politician. How you can twist that into a slam is beyond me.

Jeanne:

As a stand alone statement, I completely agree with that. I was just talking about that very same phrase, 'Your association will influence or determine who you are' not an hour ago.

Then you said

You are assuming that the only reason anyone would want to be with the president is to allow him to influence them or 'bask in his greatness' (:ph34r:). I strongly disagree. I think most of us, if given the opportunity to sit down with the president, would hope to give him something to think about along the lines of political topics that are personally important to us. I think if someone had the right head to do it (a respectful, involved conversation -not a 10 minute tirade, which would appease one's ego for the moment, but have no hope of lasting change for the better in policy), I think that we could genuinely feel that we could have influence on him, if only on a personal level.

I wasn't there, but I would have to say that I bet Max influenced the president more than the other way around. Good on ya, buddy.

Absolutely. I would jump at the chance, with ANY president of the US; past, present or future.

I liked Billvon and Wendy's posts, too. I don't need to add anything.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

a respectful, involved conversation -not a 10 minute tirade, which would appease one's ego for the moment,

I have a feeling the 10 minute tirade is exactly what many would want

It's not about making things better, it's about self gratification

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I liked the last paragraph.:ph34r:

Good show. You post a moving article about the actions of a good and decent person... and focus on your own schadenfreude.

I admire the guy not only for what he did, but for the fact he did not allow himself to be used by a sleazy politician who is seeking to improve his image by association with a heroic person. It isn't clear whether the guy was just tired of the media attention, or really didn't want to be seen with Dubya. We can only hope for the latter.

In a later post you were complaining about partisan blather. "Partisan" refers to parties. My hatred of Dubya has nothing to do with parties. I think the two best candidates are Ron Paul and Mike Gravel. Paul is a Republican and Gravel is a Democrat. I just detest any administration whose attitude about Constitutional rights is: "That's just a goddamn piece of paper!"
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Ms. Schwartz said he left town for northern Minnesota late on Friday, overwhelmed by the attention and concerned that his co-workers were being overlooked.

It isn't clear whether the guy was just tired of the media attention, or really didn't want to be seen with Dubya.

Yeah, I can see how you'd conclude that. ;)

Ding ding ding . . . we have a winner!

Welcome to a very strange place where shadows dance in the corners of your eyes, and spooky voices whisper in the distance.

MUA HA HA HA :o

. . =(_8^(1)

In Reply To

Ding ding ding . . . we have a winner!

Welcome to a very strange place where shadows dance in the corners of your eyes, and spooky voices whisper in the distance.

MUA HA HA HA

Another Personal ATTACK.. I expect nothing more from you and your ILK.... how do you do it and not get banned????

Digg has picked up the story. Funniest comment:

"He's already had one brush with disaster - my guess is he doesn't want another one."

:ph34r:

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.