DropDgorgeous

I would like to tell you a bit more about God

You think medicine should ban people for their spiritual beliefs?

I would say so. Always wondered why such Christians, who claimed to be pure believers in Holy Lord And Savior Jesus go to doctor when they got sick? In my opinion if you really believe in Jesus Almighty, you should go to your church and pray Jesus, not go to doctor who knows that people's ancestors were monkeys. And taking pills must be considered a betrayal for Jesus as well.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

You think medicine should ban people for their spiritual beliefs?

I would say so. Always wondered why such Christians, who claimed to be pure believers in Holy Lord And Savior Jesus go to doctor when they got sick? In my opinion if you really believe in Jesus Almighty, you should go to your church and pray Jesus, not go to doctor who knows that people's ancestors were monkeys. And taking pills must be considered a betrayal for Jesus as well.

You're on a troll roll, today. :D

Doesn't really fly here in the states... especially when you have kids. If they get sick, and the parents adhere to this specific religion that bans medical care, and the kids die, they are in a whole shitload of trouble. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Doesn't really fly here in the states... especially when you have kids. If they get sick, and the parents adhere to this specific religion that bans medical care, and the kids die, they are in a whole shitload of trouble.

Why should a person looking for Eternity Life care about some secular "shitload of trouble"? According to Christianity, this world is going to be destroyed anyway, and the only thing which is important is how good Christian you were. This is the only thing which decides whether you go to Heaven. Therefore they know they Did The Right Thing, and will be rewarded in Heaven for that - which must be more than enough for any true Christian.

Here's a question about the religion threads:

Why do you suppose the ANTI-religion fanatics are more zealous & fault-finding & full of vitriol than the religious people on these forums?

It seems to me every once in awhile a Christian will express his/her religious beliefs and talk about what their faith has done for them, and generally do so without a lot of fire & brimstone against non-believers.

Then the fanatical atheists JUMP on the Christian & go on & on about how awful religion is, and how stupid the Christian is to believe in it, and generally tear him/her a new asshole.

Why are the anti-religious people so much angrier & more zealous & fault-finding than the religious people?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The thread title says "a bit."

Hate to see what you'd write if your intention was huge-long-drawn-out-load-of-pablum."
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

If you and Zippo were genuinely asking those questions out of interest in understanding the point of view of someone that is involved in that belief, I would answer those questions.

Well, if we even got a clue that your point of view is somehow different from the point of view of other endless Christians, this would make sense. But there is absolutely no reason to understanding another point of view of "Lord Jesus will save us all".

It sounds like you're more interested in being antagonistic though, in which case I don't feel the need to bother.

And that's why I sometime wonder why the Christians, who cannot stand on their beliefs while talking to secular community ever start threads like that.

Personally I think it's a good thing to try to honestly understand other peoples' beliefs; it seems to help promote tolerance better than bashing them because they don't see things the same as you do.

There is no need to understand other people beliefs to be tolerant. I would even go further and say sometime it is much easier to be tolerant if you have no clue about other people beliefs.

Instead of pulling all hint of religion out of schools, I think it would be a better idea to have a course of study describing the world's more widely-accepted faiths, & maybe some represented by kids in the class, so they would have more understanding towards a Muslim, Catholic, Jew, Protestant, Mormon, Atheist, etc...

Good idea. We can tell the kids that Jesus teaches them to love each other, and then they could learn Kama Sutra from Buddhism to know how to love each other :P

If what you say is suppoesd to be true then your god is a fucking lying asshole.

why are others allowed to destroy the livelihoods of others, why do christians pollute the earth?

Start to respect what you have rather than he who supposedly crated it and the world would be a better place.

I've always appreciated a direct approach. It is like the antithesis to the OP.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Hmmm... long post. Thank God for ADHD.:P

:ph34r: It's a great time saver -- isn't it :ph34r::ph34r:

Cheers, T

Poor man's speed reading.

It was a dark and stormy n . . . . - aw fuck it, I'd rather be skydiving!

Why do you suppose the ANTI-religion fanatics are more zealous & fault-finding & full of vitriol than the religious people on these forums?

Because there are too much religion fanatics OUTSIDE these forums, and some people are tired of them.

When was the last time you were approaching by some atheist group on the street? Do they often come to your house to tell you that the end is near, and you will go to Hell if you continue reading this bullshit?

How many atheist "churches"/clubs have you seen around?

When was the last time atheists tried to put atheism in public schools?

Not all are. I think a lot of them simply shut up, keep their opinions to themselves and just keep reading.

Okay - howa bout limiting it to the people who actually participate in these discussions? The same level of hostility applies to those non-religious types.

Most non-believers I know do not go forth and spread the word as Christians are supposed to do.

Most Christians don't practice the intrusive kind of proselytism that antitheists like to use as a stereotype. Many of these anti-Christian types act as if they're constantly being bombarded with hell-fire, damnation messages on a regular basis.

I live in the bible belt. Outside of attending church and occassionally coming across something while channel-surfing, I rarely hear any preaching.

Seems like some the regular bashers are just waiting for an excuse to play the angry victim card.

Nah not at all bro, but i don't pretent to know the meaning of life either. it is far too complicated for any of us to ever know.

Just holier than thou mo fo's really get on my wick!

Life has no meaning; but it does have purpose. It's purpose is to propogate. That's it.

All meaning is human invention to satisfy neediness in one form or another. It's the nasty little trade-off of being given the gift of large frontal lobes. We get self-awareness, and in return we pay the price of creating all kinds of stuff that isn't there.

I think it would be quite the irony if that put me in the category of holier than thou. Kind of like a mob of 10,000 chanting in unison "We are all individuals."

sometime it is much easier to be tolerant if you have no clue about other people's beliefs.

I was hoping to find something of value in the thread

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Doesn't really fly here in the states... especially when you have kids. If they get sick, and the parents adhere to this specific religion that bans medical care, and the kids die, they are in a whole shitload of trouble. :S

Really? Do Jehovah's Witnesses get imprisoned for letting their kids die instead of accepting blood transfusions?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Why are the anti-religious people so much angrier & more zealous & fault-finding than the religious people?

You're right. It is actually very strange that this forum is pretty much the opppsite of the real world in that respect.

And also I think you'll find that there are some religious types on here that are far more vitriolic than any of our atheists when it comes to talking about religions other than Christianity. Especially one closely related religion.

It's the nasty little trade-off of being given the gift of large frontal lobes. We get self-awareness, and in return we pay the price of creating all kinds of stuff that isn't there.

why do we need all that shit? self-awareness & love & hate & any and all forms of spiritual experiences???

Why aren't we like the Borg?

It would be much simpler if we were all just soul-less organic automatons, whose only interest was survival & propagation.

all this crap like love, wonder, feelings, music, poetry, art, laughter, joy, sorrow, hate, and the whole general INTERNAL FEELING of BEING HUMAN are just taking up valuable space.

They're obviously just annoying by-products of some useless part of our brains, which should rightfully be entirely devoted solely to survival and reproduction.

why are they there in the first place?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

God was bored being all-knowing and decided it was time for action. He was a jolly, poetry loving fellow who decided that we need intricate biological systems to populate the world.

Of course he decided to make people in his own image. Coincidentally, God's image involves two legs, a head, two arms.. Thank god the all-mighty didn't look like a dinosaur or potato or our lives would really be difficult.

God may make everything, but Satan's the dupe for everything bad. We're in the middle with everything bad being deserved and everything good owed to the Gman.

God controls everything, yet we have free will?..
I think the story of God was written by a lawyer.

If you walk, just walk. If you sit, just sit. But whatever you do, don't wobble.
- Master Ummon

God was bored being all-knowing and decided it was time for action. He was a jolly, poetry loving fellow who decided that we need intricate biological systems to populate the world.

Explain Mimes then. No way there was jolly thought in creating those.>:(

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Life has no meaning; but it does have purpose. It's purpose is to propogate. That's it.

Go forth and multiply.;)

All meaning is human invention to satisfy neediness in one form or another. It's the nasty little trade-off of being given the gift of large frontal lobes.

A gift must be given, not developed. OOPS!

A gift must be given, not developed. OOPS!

Oh noes, you've picked up on the literal meaning of a figure of speech!!

There's just no way we can counter that argument. Oh well, you win.:(