SkyChimp

:-) AMNESTY BILL Defeated :-) 53-46

The Economist did a report on depressed wages, loss of jobs, and it found that globalization has a more profound impact than illegal immigration. Also the jobs you're talking about are migrant farming jobs. Would you be willing to work out in 100+ degree heat picking produce for a few bucks an hour. Last I saw illegals didn't threaten my job or the jobs of my friends.

There aren't 12 million crop pickers.

I think the construction industry sees real impact on wages as a result of day laborers.

Well said. I'm not real big on the idea of Mexicans doing work that Americans could but since most Americans have become too lazy to do many jobs that are necessary we have little choice but to let them in.

Is it that Americans are too lazy or is it that they have a higher reservation wage than illegal aliens?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Recently we've decided that we're here and want the land all to ourselves and closed down immigration. I can't defend that morally or see it changing the inevitable homoginization of wages, costs of living, and laws arround the globe.

Since you don't see the importance of borders and laws, let's bring it a little closer to home. How would you feel if a truck load of Mexicans moved into your yard and set up camp, without your permission?

I'd have no problems with them homsteading BLM land, buying the house next door, or renting my spare bedroom.

Property rights and immigration are orthagonal issues.

Now we get to watch the temper tantrums. How dare the people make their wishes known. Dam, don't we know they all know what is better for us than we do???:S

:D

What was also brought to light in this debate is the fact that many of these Senators and Congressmen didn't even know what was in the damn bill.

Stifles the imagination doesn't it...the law makers don't even know the composition of the laws they write?

Pretty scary eh Max?!?!

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Stifles the imagination doesn't it...the law makers don't even know the composition of the laws they write?

They don't write them. A few of them, or their aides, do.

Erroneous

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I can't morally justify telling mostly brown people they can't stay when there were no legal impediments to my white ancestors showing up from Denmark, England, Germany, and Ireland.

Bullshit - that's like saying "I can't morally justify making someone pay for entrance to a concert in the city park, when I used to get in free before they started charging entrance".

LOLOLOL

Flag day was pretty disheartening around here, two out of every ten flags I saw were the American Flag.

The rest I saw flying were Mexican Flags on businesses and homes, a few few both with the Mexican flag being flown ABOVE the American Flag.>:(

This is not how my friends acted when their families came here in the 1960's, they were so damned proud of being allowed to come here and become Americans(or their Parents) that many of the older boys enlisted to go fight in Viet Nam.

Back then there were so many service stars in the windows in my neighborhood, some of the kids thought everyone had matching drapes.:|

Sharp contrast huh?[:/]

Good point of view. I am personally happy the bloody thing was defeated. It's almost like the Senate felt they had to either do nothing at all or something pretty stupid.

the bottom line is that if you want to live here you file the propper paperwork, pay taxes, learn english and fly the american flag - anything less get the fuck out -

You're saying that flying the American flag should be compulsory? That's flat out ridiculous.

I think, what he's saying is, 'if', you are going to fly a flag in this country, it's the United States flag. The only flag that can be flown at 'equal' level with the U.S. flag is the Texas flag!

Chuck

John in the defeated legislation there were provisions to make 50,000,000 illegals citizens, not 12,000,000

navlog.org/amnestybillshame.wmv

The sad part is, we have allowed so many illegals into this country due to lack of border controls... we have absolutely no idea, how many illegals are really here![:/]

Chuck

the bottom line is that if you want to live here you file the propper paperwork, pay taxes, learn english and fly the american flag - anything less get the fuck out -

You're saying that flying the American flag should be compulsory? That's flat out ridiculous.

I think, what he's saying is, 'if', you are going to fly a flag in this country, it's the United States flag. The only flag that can be flown at 'equal' level with the U.S. flag is the Texas flag!

Chuck

That's an urban legend, Chuck - any state's flag can be flown at the same height as the US flag, but the US flag has to be to the far right (viewer's left).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The sad part is, we have allowed so many illegals into this country due to lack of border controls... we have absolutely no idea, how many illegals are really here!

Too true.. but the quickest way to find out is to make it impossible to get a job without VALID Identification.. Put the burden on the people handing out the jobs.. and if you get caught... make REAL penalties for hiring illegals... no documents.. no job.... and making the document VERY hard to forge is the first step in that process. And this crap if if you are born here it makes you a citizen.. that is just NUTZ

I would prefer our citizenship to be earned... and that goes for ALL.

The sad part is, we have allowed so many illegals into this country due to lack of border controls... we have absolutely no idea, how many illegals are really here!

Too true.. but the quickest way to find out is to make it impossible to get a job without VALID Identification.. Put the burden on the people handing out the jobs.. and if you get caught... make REAL penalties for hiring illegals... no documents.. no job.... and making the document VERY hard to forge is the first step in that process. And this crap if if you are born here it makes you a citizen.. that is just NUTZ

Damned right! I couldn't agree with you more!Employers will 'actually' check Social security cards and driver's licenses. When it comes-up that that SS number belongs to a little girl in Nevada... turn his/her butt in.

Chuck

we have absolutely no idea, how many illegals are really here!

That's the real scary part. No data on them. We dont know if they're gang members, convicted sex offenders, drug runner, dealers, or into trafficking humans. One part I really liked about this bill was it was going to gather up data on these illegals. The Department of Homeland Security would even know if one had been convicted of a felony DUI and then deny them a green card.

we have absolutely no idea, how many illegals are really here!

That's the real scary part. No data on them. We dont know if they're gang members, convicted sex offenders, drug runner, dealers, or into trafficking humans. One part I really liked about this bill was it was going to gather up data on these illegals. The Department of Homeland Security would even know if one had been convicted of a felony DUI and then deny them a green card.

You can bet the farm, all those you mentioned are here. I've read reports that a good number of illegals join gangs when they arrive here. Forcible rapes happen along the border as well as thefts of other illegals. Not to mention house and ranch burglaries. I know of ranchers right here in the area I live, who have been 'victims' of illegals. We only have a very small idea of who crosses our borders
Amazon, made a very good and valid point in her post in this thread.
We need to crack-down hard on those who hire illegals.

Chuck

Usually we disagree Amazon but I am with you 100% on this post of yours. Drop the hammer on the employers, DO NOT reward law breaking with citizenship, build a wall from california thru texas. If you want citizenship, then follow the proper channels and work hard to get it which includes, but not limited to LEARNING ENGLISH!

3) You can't deport 12 million people. It's logistically impossible so that talking point needs to be canned.

If they can't work, they will leave

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

3) You can't deport 12 million people. It's logistically impossible so that talking point needs to be canned.

nonoonono, you forget, .. they don't work, they just collect dissability :D ... but I agree 100%, we need to enforce the laws already in place, start going after employers.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I'm happy the bill was defeated, but do think the immigration system needs massive reform. Unfortunately, this bill didn't turn into the vehicle for that much needed reform.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

nonoonono, you forget, .. they don't work, they just collect dissability :D ... but I agree 100%, we need to enforce the laws already in place, start going after employers.

It takes more than going after employers. We need to give the National Gueard and Border Patrol the proper resources and AUTHORITY to protect our homeland.