Amazon

Is Gitmo closing???

With all the denials floating around yet many officials say the meet and discuss its closing frequently do you think it should be closed?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19358932/

Com'n. Bushs and DICKHEAD Cheney ain't gonna let it happen. If the Federal judges do let it happen the current admin. will RENDER them to parts unknown.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I like the low fat pizza cheese, it tastes about the same but has a neat texture when baked and has lower fat and cholestoral.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think we should send em to Texas..... its only right.. then the private prisons can make LOTS of money off them for a very long time.

So then, you agree that they are dangerous people who shouldn't be released.

And given that, then what difference does it make where they're held, whether it be Texas or Gitmo?

So then, you agree that they are dangerous people who shouldn't be released.

And given that, then what difference does it make where they're held, whether it be Texas or Gitmo?

I agree that some of them are VERY dangerous people...

And we as a people of LAWS need to follow those and charge them under law if they have broken our laws.
If they have not make them prisoners of WAR based on where they were captured.

Bottom line...Charge them.. try them in a court of law.. and live with the out come of that.... and put em in a Texas prison if found guilty...

There.. you happy with that... or you going to hem and haw around about their status like your fellow Texicans have done for 6 years now.

Knowing our current administration, if it would close, it would be just like the closing of Area 51. i.e. the same functions would just be transferred to another location.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I agree that some of them are VERY dangerous people... If they have broken our laws. If they have not make them prisoners of WAR based on where they were captured.

So then, as long as we call them "prisoners of war", then we can detain them as long as we want, without charges or trial, as long as the war is ongoing?

And what do you mean by "based upon where they were captured?" Are you saying they should only be held in their home country? Would that mean that you think America was wrong to bring German POW's to America in WWII? Wouldn't that mean that if they escaped that they would go back to killing U.S. soldiers again right away?

John,

What part of.. follow the laws of our land and follow the conventions of war that we have signed.. do you not get.

I know the right wing does not want to follow those but you HAVE to realize this is something that is harming our country far more than the ones who are detained there and cant be proven guilty in a court of law......ever could.

Ashcroft.. Gonzales..Bush..Cheney.. are afraid of the document that this country was built upon.

Get these people out of this legal black hole that is dragging our country down into it.

The problem is we can't put the Gitmo prisoners thru the US legal system. Our legal system was designed for US citizens who broke US laws. Do you really want to let these people go because they were not read their miranda rights?

Right now I do like the current idea of building and staffing a prison in Afghanistan and shipping all of the prisoners over there. I know that President Karzia will have the intestinal fortituded to do with these people what needs to be done and it will spare the bleeding heart librals from crying about what barbarians our goverment is.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

The problem is we can't put the Gitmo prisoners thru the US legal system. Our legal system was designed for US citizens who broke US laws. Do you really want to let these people go because they were not read their miranda rights?

Right now I do like the current idea of building and staffing a prison in Afghanistan and shipping all of the prisoners over there. I know that President Karzia will have the intestinal fortituded to do with these people what needs to be done and it will spare the bleeding heart librals from crying about what barbarians our goverment is.

What happens to those in Gitmo who are not Afgans?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Send them to Afghanistan anyway. At some point in time most terrorists have also killed Muslims. It just seems to be their way. Let them face Sharia law.

If a terrorist wants sympathy from me, he can look between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

I suppose having bomb making materials, shooting at americans, having phone conversations with Osama Bin Laden are not good enough evidence. We should let them go. These are only some of the activities that landed them there.

Of course they are claiming to be inocent. They can't kill americans while locked up:(

So again, your suggesting that they are ALL guilty? and can prrove it?

If shooting at Americans earns one a place in Gitmo (without a trial) then how many Americans would also be in there?

If talking to OBL make one a terrorist then ....... etc.... etc.... etc
:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

There is a 4 part article going on about DICK Cheneys' power in the Waashinton Post. Today is part 2. Here's a snippet.> ----------------------------"A backlash beginning in 2004, after reports of abuse leaked out of Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison and Guantanamo Bay, brought what appeared to be sharp reversals in courts and Congress -- for both Cheney's claims of executive supremacy and his unyielding defense of what he called "robust interrogation."

But a more careful look at the results suggests that Cheney won far more than he lost. Many of the harsh measures he championed, and some of the broadest principles undergirding them, have survived intact but out of public view."

Once again, they are not Americans. They were apprehended commiting acts of war. And as stated in the Geneva convention we are allowed to hold them untill the end of the conflict, for obvious reasons.

The military court system and the Civilian court system are two seperate courts of law. That is how millitary guys get slammed twice for the same offenseB|

And if you have a list of names and offenses, please share.:S

Once again, they are not Americans. They were apprehended commiting acts of war. And as stated in the Geneva convention we are allowed to hold them untill the end of the conflict, for obvious reasons.

BZZZZT Wrong answer...

The Chump in Cheif and his lapdog Gonzales have determined that they are ENEMY COMBATANTS... so they can do anything they want with them for as long as they want... Our fearless leader... has determined that the Geneva Conventions do not apply to them.

Well, i suppose we can let them all go as long as they promise not to kill anyone. It doens't matter how much they think we Americans need a good killin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaX7DZy7Y78

Watch above before you answer

If letting them go is your idea of a good idea...then our country is indeed fucked up.

Personally... I would call them the enemy.. and put them in a POW camp and keep them there until the hostilities are over.

At least THAT way we regain a BIT of the moral high ground we lost by George and Dicks Excellent Adventure into Iraq... that has indeed shocked and awed the rest of the world into believing WE are now the ones that are in the wrong.

If we have some that can be convicted under our laws.. then PROSECUTE them if there is enough evidence to do so..

Remember now.. we ARE a country of laws.... and lawlessness at the top serves no one in our country except those who are now in contravention to our laws and to international law.

Do you honestly believe that going into Iraq.... has made it any less likely there will be more atrocities like your video??

Do you go looking for things like that.....

I don't go looking for things like this, it just pops up. I have seen the results of these people first hand. After serving in Iraq and Afghanistan I watch the news closely. People who go there and serve want to know that their time and effort were not wasted.

You can't try them in a normal court of law. They need to be held untill the end of the war and be sent to a military tribunal for war crimes or crimes against humanity. And no matter what you call them, hold them and continue to get information to help aid the war.

We are in it so we need to be in it all the way. If we never got involved it would be a diffrent story.

Walk right side road....safe.
Walk left side road....safe.
Walk middle of road and sooner or later... squish!!!! Just like grape

So in your mind then.. its ok for them to do likewise to OUR people..

In MY Generations war.. the captured were called Air Pirates... War Criminals etc by the NVA.

Do we need to be the same as them??

Or better yet.. shoudl we have public beheadings since they have done this to some of our people.

Its all in the messages getting sent to either side.... an eye for an eye... till everyone suffers from traumatic blindness.

BZZZZT Wrong answer...

The Chump in Cheif and his lapdog Gonzales have determined that they are ENEMY COMBATANTS... so they can do anything they want with them for as long as they want... Our fearless leader... has determined that the Geneva Conventions do not apply to them.
Sorry darling. Not Bush but DICK Cs' doing. Read the articles in the Washington Post I mentioned. Tomorrow will be part 3. They are long reads tho but very interesting.;)