JohnRich

"England, where we are all prisoners"

OK, I admit I didn't know it had changed however they are still subject to requirements of the Data Protection Act which states:

The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly.

The Act works in two ways. Firstly, it states that anyone who processes personal information must comply with eight principles, which make sure that personal information is:

* Fairly and lawfully processed
* Processed for limited purposes
* Adequate, relevant and not excessive * Accurate and up to date
* Not kept for longer than is necessary * Processed in line with your rights
* Secure
* Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection

The second area covered by the Act provides individuals with important rights, including the right to find out what personal information is held on computer and most paper records.

Should an individual or organisation feel they're being denied access to personal information they're entitled to, or feel their information has not been handled according to the eight principles, they can contact the Information Commissioner's Office for help. Complaints are usually dealt with informally, but if this isn't possible, enforcement action can be taken.

I agree that if you are released without charge then your details shouldn't be retained HOWEVER it is very rare that someone is mistakenly arrested and released due to genuine error. People are normally released without charge due to insufficient evidence despite you knowing 100% they are guilty of the offence. At least it catches those people who we wouldn't want to slip the net. Its just sad it can catch decent folk who somehow get caught up in amess. But again don't believe the "there I was minding my own business when I got arrested" stories in the Daily Mail
On a short note. I was minding my own business one nite at a friends house. I had just arrived. he had a little spat w/ his wife. A neighbor called the police. The wife said everything was fine. A verbal agruement. Nothing physical. The cops demanded to come in the house. (we were all in the front yard). Both said no, everything was fine and told the cops to leave. It escalated to the point were my friend flipped of the cop and told him to get off his property. Then the cops got violent. They grabbed my friend by the hair and ran him about 20' across the yard and face planted him and started beating him. NOW. Should I mind my own business? I said "hey. We ain't gonna have no Rodney King here." Imagine what happened next. I get face planted and cuffed and stuffed. I asked the cop what I was being charged w/? He said. "I don't know but we'll figure out something." They charged me w/ public intox. Funny thing. I was on private property so when I brought this up in court they changed the charge to disorderly conduct. I did 10 days in jail over this crap. Now. Should my DNA be taken and kept for this? Iv'e seen so much police abuse in my life it ain't funny. They want you to kiss their ass and if you don't god help ya unless you have money/power. I know there are a few good cops out there but this shit has to cease or violence IS COMING. For all you Florida jumpers beware. This particular incident was the Volusia County Sherrifs Dept. Beware;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Dude. The national ID card has been here for a LONG time. It's called your social security card (#). ;) Some people are just to sheepish to realize it.

I haven't had a valid SSN card for the past decade. (I have the stub only, in a locked box). I show my passport to new employers.

so it's not really worked as an ID card.

Come on nopw Mike....

Which do you think is more probable in the near term.... one attack just one and Martial Law will be here...

The Commies taking over.... DUDE.. that is SOOOO 1980's... The Cold War is over... we won... remember????

Come on nopw Mike....

Which do you think is more probable in the near term.... one attack just one and Martial Law will be here...

The Commies taking over.... DUDE.. that is SOOOO 1980's... The Cold War is over... we won... remember????

Yes, and Al "I'm in charge here" Haig is long gone from government, too... but given the tone of Hillary's speeches... :S

I'll say it again - *IF* the gov't was in any way interested in declaring martial law, the 9/11 attacks IN AND OF THEMSELVES would have been sufficient provocation to do it.

So, no.. I don't agree with the hearsay and hyperbole about "one more attack and martial law'...sorry.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Gee several Generals have said so... but what woudl they know.

Mentioning Tommy Franks' statement inumerable times (opinion and hearsay, btw) doesn't equal "several Generals".
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

There was a panel discussion on ABC or NBC I forget which.. about the time that a BUNCH of generals were talking about their experiences and their "retirements"... and it came up.. yet again.. wish I could find the link.. but it is out there.

Did find this scary tidbit though

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Establishing_martial_law_in_the_United_States

The John W. Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2006 (PL 109-364), "named for the longtime Armed Services Committee chairman from Virginia," was signed October 17, 2006, by President George W. Bush. The Act "has a provocative provision called 'Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies'," the thrust of which "seems to be about giving the federal government a far stronger hand in coordinating responses to [Hurricane] Katrina-like disasters," Jeff Stein, CQ National Security Editor wrote December 1, 2006.

"But on closer inspection, its language also alters the two-centuries-old Insurrection Act, which Congress passed in 1807 to limit the president’s power to deploy troops within the United States ... 'to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy'," Stein wrote.

Executive Order 12919: "National Emergency"
Should President George W. Bush proclaim and put into effect Executive Order 12919, "the President would put the United States under total Martial Law and Military Dictatorship." [2]

"The President need not wait for some emergency to occur, however. He can declare a National Emergency at any time, and freeze everything. Congress, and the States, are powerless to prevent such an Executive Dictatorship, as long as the President advises Congress in a timely matter." [3]

But I guess I am just having a fantasy again right???

What happens when the fantasy becomes a nightmare for our country... I guess if you support Bush though.. this is just OK with you.[:/]

More for you Mike... I know you guys dont read the links but is scary real[:/]

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=WAT20050928&articleId=1013

On a short note. I was minding my own business one nite at a friends house. I had just arrived. he had a little spat w/ his wife. A neighbor called the police. The wife said everything was fine. A verbal agruement. Nothing physical. The cops demanded to come in the house. (we were all in the front yard). Both said no, everything was fine and told the cops to leave. It escalated to the point were my friend flipped of the cop and told him to get off his property. Then the cops got violent. They grabbed my friend by the hair and ran him about 20' across the yard and face planted him and started beating him. NOW. Should I mind my own business? I said "hey. We ain't gonna have no Rodney King here." Imagine what happened next. I get face planted and cuffed and stuffed. I asked the cop what I was being charged w/? He said. "I don't know but we'll figure out something." They charged me w/ public intox. Funny thing. I was on private property so when I brought this up in court they changed the charge to disorderly conduct. I did 10 days in jail over this crap. Now. Should my DNA be taken and kept for this? Iv'e seen so much police abuse in my life it ain't funny. They want you to kiss their ass and if you don't god help ya unless you have money/power. I know there are a few good cops out there but this shit has to cease or violence IS COMING. For all you Florida jumpers beware. This particular incident was the Volusia County Sherrifs Dept. Beware;)

If that is the truth to the letter then that is disgusting. To answer your question of whether you should have had DNA/fingerprints taken, then yes. You went through the full legal process and were found guilty.

I can honestly say that from the other side of the fence I have never seen such acts of excessive force or over the top reactions. Maybe I'm fortunate to work with real professionals or maybe you have a problem over there. Its definately not the norm that police try to screw people over here. There's enough work to get on with without making unneccesary work for yourself. Most officers try to wriggle out of having to arret people as it means mountains of paperwork and being off the streets for hours.

In a strange twist to the original posters point, CCTV would have been ideal here. A perfect example of how it protects the innocent majority and helps capture the offending minority. Only in your example the tables are turned and its the officers who are the alledged offenders and you guys who are the innocent party.

I personally don't have a problem with CCTV. Maybe its because I'm of an age where its always been around. I have never known what its like to not have them and now I work with the CCTV operators its a great effective tool. It doesnt deprive people of their liberty at all. Its not invasive and its brilliant at locating/tracking offenders and evidence gathering. I wouldn't like to see them in residential streets paticularly, but I'm happy with how things are at the moment with city centres being littered with cameras, it makes me feel safer knowing that if something happens to me someone will be on the way to help pretty quickly.

Yes there was - (Internment [sp]) but we didn't need all of the other Ant -eye-Torist [sic] crap that is being thrown at us.

And internment was a total bloody disaster.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca