kallend

63 years ago today

After what the Germans did during WW11, the conquering allied forces should have wiped Germany off the face of the earth

What's your age, dear? :)

Old enough to have spoken to people who had first hand accounts of the attrocities committed by the Germans.

Germany was on its knees after WW1, they desperately wanted a leader to come along and give them back their pride.... Hitler was just the person they were looking for, he said the things to them they wanted to hear. he had the support of the VAST MAJORITY of German people... the same German people who either directly supported the war effort, or at least stood by and did nothing to stop it.

wasn't it rather odd that after the war was over, hardly any German people said they even knew any Nazi's, they didn't have a clue what was going on at the concentration camps, it was all basically "nothing to do with them" yeah right !!!!!!!

there's only ever been 2 World Wars, isn't it rather odd that the same country has started both of them????

seeing as you're probably a German, have you read any books on the Holocaust? any on the Nazi's ? any of the German war effort and what the general population did to suport it?

>the conquering allied forces should have wiped Germany off the face of the earth

You still can! A few nukes and we can wipe them out. Don't forget the Russians - they have the nerve to threaten US with their weapons, and were very mean and nasty to us during the Cold War. And the people who fought us in 1812. And of course the French. Everyone hates them. All the Arabs, naturally, and everyone else who's swarthy and brownish because they are hard to tell apart. They attacked us on 9/11, don't ya know.

I figure that accounts for about two billion people. Once they're all dead, the world will know who the real heroes are.

After what the Germans did during WW11, the conquering allied forces should have wiped Germany off the face of the earth

Yes the Nazi party members did some horrible things. But not all Germans were Nazis and well check the history books to see that Germany was devastated by years of allied bombing. Don't get me wrong, this was a necessary thing to do. But at the end of the war, Germany and Japan were defeated and then rightfully rebuilt and both societies are now coexisting with the rest of the world in a peaceful manner.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Soldier, sailors and airmen of the allied forces. You are about to embark on the great crusade to rid the world of tyranny and evil ...

It bears repeating.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Damn those Americans for sticking their noses into the private business of other countries! Who the hell did they think they were to employ military force against other soverign nations? We shoulda kept our soldiers home and out of harm's way.

ah yes, "the average german"

would that be the average german who enlisted in their millions to fight for germany? or the average german who propped up the war effort back home? or the average german who shit themselves after the war ended and cried that it was nothing to do with them, that they didn't know of the holocaust and that they didn't know any nazis ? or is there another type of "average german" i don't know about?

Whatever dude. I am glad the allies defeated the Nazis. But I don't hold grudges against modern day Germans (unless of course they happen to be Nazis). But there are Nazis all over the place nowadays. Not just in Germany.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Damn those Americans for sticking their noses into the private business of other countries! Who the hell did they think they were to employ military force against other soverign nations? We shoulda kept our soldiers home and out of harm's way.

Well, it clearly will come as a surprise to you, but Germany declared war on the USA, not the other way around.

In fact the USA was the ONLY country on which Germany made a formal declaration of war in WWII.

So the USA didn't have any option in the matter. Unlike the optional wars we enter into nowadays.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Oddly enough, it was ok for us to take the war to a group who had stated their intent to attack us 60 years ago...but it's not ok to do the same now.

I'll say again what I've said before; we are a sad, pale imitation of the "Greatest Generation".
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oddly enough, it was ok for us to take the war to a group who had stated their intent to attack us 60 years ago...but it's not ok to do the same now.

I'll say again what I've said before; we are a sad, pale imitation of the "Greatest Generation".

Iraq, stated an intent to attack us? Even Bush now admits that is not the case.

Panama stated an intent to attack us? Granada stated an intent to attack us?

> Oddly enough, it was ok for us to take the war to a group who had stated
>their intent to attack us 60 years ago...but it's not ok to do the same now.

Yep, it is indeed. While we fight people who did not threaten us, our sworn enemies enjoy safe haven in Pakistan. I hope someday we grow a pair of balls and wipe them out.

Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

Looks like Comrade Bubba thought so...

Somalia stated an intent to attack us? Bosnia stated an intent to attack us? Kosovo stated an intent to attack us?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

Looks like Comrade Bubba thought so...

Aha - the CDIF defense comes up AGAIN.;)

Somalia stated an intent to attack us? Bosnia stated an intent to attack us? Kosovo stated an intent to attack us?

And that has WHAT to do with your original statement? "Oddly enough, it was ok for us to take the war to a group who had stated their intent to attack us 60 years ago...but it's not ok to do the same now."

Old enough to have spoken to people who had first hand accounts of the attrocities committed by the Germans.

So considering that you're old enough to type I guess that puts you anywhere between 2 and 62 years old. Thanks for narrowing that down for us!

seeing as you're probably a German, have you read any books on the Holocaust? any on the Nazi's ? any of the German war effort and what the general population did to suport it?

Which country do you think that the germans got the idea of 'concentration camps' from? Do you think they were the first to try it?

And just what atrocities that have occured since WW2 would have been prevented by wiping Germany off the map in 1945?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Aha - the CDIF defense comes up AGAIN.;)

Valid to the argument showing that Saddam was considered dangerous by people other than Bush...sorry, no point.

BTW...in this case, that would be the "Clinton Bombed It First" clause.

And that has WHAT to do with your original statement? "Oddly enough, it was ok for us to take the war to a group who had stated their intent to attack us 60 years ago...but it's not ok to do the same now."

It is equally as valid as your mentioning Grenada and Panama, trying to taint the conversation ... please try to stick with at least your OWN agenda, Doc... I can't keep track of BOTH our talking points at once, you know...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

there's only ever been 2 World Wars, isn't it rather odd that the same country has started both of them????

and they say Americans are ignorant of history...

No doubt you can pin the 2nd one on them, brushing aside the silly defense that the mean French/Brits forces them with the Treaty of Versailles. But the first world war was wanted by everyone and everyone shares blame.

Up until the two world wars, nations frequently ewnt to battle - to gain land, prestige, and perhaps to keep their population count at bay. The people didn't volunteer to join the armies- it was a given that they would do what their leadership told them to do.

It's been nearly 70 years since the tanks rolled into Poland. Time to let go a little. If your memories are that long, England the empire where the sun never set still has its own crimes to answer to.

Well, it clearly will come as a surprise to you, but Germany declared war on the USA, not the other way around.

In fact the USA was the ONLY country on which Germany made a formal declaration of war in WWII.

So the USA didn't have any option in the matter. Unlike the optional wars we enter into nowadays.

Contrarty to your belief, I don't think we have been given a choice today if we (the US) chooses to survive
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Iraq, stated an intent to attack us? not the point, it supported those that do intend to kill us!Even Bush now admits that is not the case.

But they have not yet have they
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln