dweeb

Finally a way to get rid of the Republican Party.

the number of Democrats who prey on children are far, far fewer than the number of Republicans that do so.

I call BULLSHIT! Got anything other than a list of mostly local level politicians to back up your claim?

I don't have to prove what you're trying to claim.

It's your claim that remains unproven. ;)

the number of Democrats who prey on children are far, far fewer than the number of Republicans that do so.

I call BULLSHIT! Got anything other than a list of mostly local level politicians to back up your claim?

The list I provided has been fully researched and is backed by FACT.

But your argument makes me wonder: why are you supportive of pedophilia?

Dweeb is equating pedophiles to republicans, probably because of the Foley scandal.

Ah. Wasn't following that one. Gracias.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I know at this time there are many who are unhappy with the republican party, primarily out of dislike for the current president (even though republicans are standing up against him now), but do you really want to get rid of the party? In the US you derive great benefits from the fact that you have two parties which over the long run seem to be running a tie. A problem we had in Canada when people were frustrated by the former PM Mulroney was that the Progresive Conservatives had a split off called reform which took a lot of the right wing votes, and left the right divided and thus we had about 12-13 years of liberal rule (and they always seem to be the primary party anyway) which would have continued indefinitely had Jean and Paul not fucked up soooo hugely. When one party (be it your left or right party) feels that there is no real competition they become complacent or even arrogant which leads to abuse of power. As a matter of fact take a look at mexico where they had the same ruling party for about 80 years until Fox came in. Anyone in the US (Republican or Democrat) who wishes the other party gone may regret that if it should happen. A monopoly is a monopoly. and whatever misgivings you may have with one party, remember what keeps your own party from completely going over the top is that the other party is always just a few votes away from taking over and that has served Americans well.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

IA monopoly is a monopoly. and whatever misgivings you may have with one party, remember what keeps your own party from completely going over the top is that the other party is always just a few votes away from taking over and that has served Americans well.

nuts - it's not about subjective political views and give and take and consensus. The parties are pushing themselves as pure good vs pure evil, and the masses are lapping it up.

It doesn't even matter what the issues are anymore.

Much like a kitten lapping up fresh cream from a bone china saucer placed lovingly on a napkin in the corner of the kitchen while its owner looks on with affection.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

While your list may be supported by fact, you've shown nothing to prove your claim of "the number of Democrats who prey on children are far, far fewer than the number of Republicans that do soquoted above."

How in the world did you conclude I'm supportive of pedophilia? Wow. Talk unsubstantiated bullshit!

How in the world did you conclude I'm supportive of pedophilia? Wow. Talk unsubstantiated bullshit!

If you were a fish, you'd be huge.
From all the bait that you've eaten.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you were a fish, you'd be huge.
From all the bait that you've eaten.

If only they were just trolling. ;)

BTW - why are you supportive of pedophilia?

How's it feel to be on that side of the unsubstantiated bullshit?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

IA monopoly is a monopoly. and whatever misgivings you may have with one party, remember what keeps your own party from completely going over the top is that the other party is always just a few votes away from taking over and that has served Americans well.

nuts - it's not about subjective political views and give and take and consensus. The parties are pushing themselves as pure good vs pure evil, and the masses are lapping it up.

It seems to me that this is not the case at all. While you will find those who submit blindly to their party's rhetoric and simplify things to that degree, I see many Americans who have a whole range of opinions on these issues, and who are quite capable of filtering partisan rhetoric. It also seems that even republican voters are getting sick of the good vs evil nonsense.

Much like a kitten lapping up fresh cream from a bone china saucer placed lovingly on a napkin in the corner of the kitchen while its owner looks on with affection.

I never tried to imply that integrity was the driving issue. If a party knows that the other party is a few votes away from taking the next election then they tend to try harder (even if being dishonest). As bad as it may seem to you would you rather one party had no competition and realised that no matter what they did they would get voted in anyway?

BTW - why are you supportive of pedophilia?

Do you beat your wife every day or only weekends?

>In the US you derive great benefits from the fact that you have two
>parties which over the long run seem to be running a tie.

I agree there are a few benefits to having a two-party system, but I fear many people mistake this for a truly adversarial system that represents divergent opinions. The two parties have become almost identical in all but name, and their platform differences are far more style than substance.

In the immortal words of Matt Groening - "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."

>The two parties have become almost identical in all but name, and their platform differences are far more style than substance.

I'd agree, but I wouldn't use the word "style" so much as "crapulence"

It's not as fun a position as the pure good vs pure evil tack.

I agree there are a few benefits to having a two-party system, but I fear many people mistake this for a truly adversarial system that represents divergent opinions. The two parties have become almost identical in all but name, and their platform differences are far more style than substance.

Understood. Just like having two stores rather than one does not guarantee that they will be competitive rather than collaborative. Having weak competition, and two very similar parties is still preferable to having only one option.

Having weak competition, and two very similar parties is still preferable to having only one option.

I disagree. Having entrenched false-competition bamboozles the masses. Then they blindly defend their "perfect" little nonexistant two-party system against those who might actually fix it.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Well there it is. This thread is over and only Republicans are pedofiles.

Next thread please.

What a f%*&ing joke[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>In the US you derive great benefits from the fact that you have two
>parties which over the long run seem to be running a tie.

In the immortal words of Matt Groening - "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."

Absolutely - as I've said many times before, there's not a spit's worth of difference between them...as I like to point out from time to time. ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And you could probably come up with a similar list for democrats, as I am sure someone now will.

I would certainly welcome any Republican to do the research and compile a list similar to this.

There will be some. However, the number of Democrats who prey on children are far, far fewer than the number of Republicans that do so.

What is it about Republicanism that creates this mindset that it's OK to violate children?

Wow - talk about strawmen.

You might find a slight deviation in the rate - it seems like uptight religious guys are doing this more than anyone else. But I doubt you'd get past 52-48 on the breakdown.

you listed a couple dozen republicans out of what, 50 million? (That's the number who voted for Bush - I'm sure there's even more of them out there)

I disagree. Having entrenched false-competition bamboozles the masses. Then they blindly defend their "perfect" little nonexistant two-party system against those who might actually fix it.

I am not claiming that the existent/nonexistant two party system is perfect, nor that it guarantees actual policy diferentiation. Just that it provides more incentive for accontability than having no party competition. If you feel the existing system needs tweaking then fine. Our liberals were arrogant beyond belief with their power becasue there was no opposition. For years the liberals could do whatever they wanted because there was no other party. I certainly do not think that we have a perfect system now but I am more comfortable knowing that the liberals have to start actually listenning to canadians now if they want to get back into power, and the conservatives who are finally back in power are aware of how fragile their hold on power is so they cannot be complacent. Will corruption and fearmongering be part of each parties campaing...of course. At least now they all feel they have to work for my vote unlike the libs who could just coast and know that they were getting back in regardless. We may be talking apples and oranges here (canada and US) but having a little competition in politics here has forced the key players to start acting like they need our votes (not saying it is even close to perfect). The utter contempt for the voting public is now gone.

And you could probably come up with a similar list for democrats, as I am sure someone now will.

I would certainly welcome any Republican to do the research and compile a list similar to this.

There will be some. However, the number of Democrats who prey on children are far, far fewer than the number of Republicans that do so.

What is it about Republicanism that creates this mindset that it's OK to violate children?

You might find a slight deviation in the rate - it seems like uptight religious guys are doing this more than anyone else. But I doubt you'd get past 52-48 on the breakdown.

Then why is it so difficult to find evidence of child molestation by Democrats in the kind of numbers you do for Republicans?

Try it yourself. Google to your heart's content. If you find anything, I'd be very happy to read it.

Good luck.