billvon

Looks like we killed him - again

Hopefully this time it's for real.

------------------
12:35 p.m. EDT, May 1, 2007

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Unconfirmed reports that al Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri has been killed come from local tribes and not Iraq's intelligence services or military, an Iraqi government spokesman said Tuesday.

Ali al-Dabbagh, spokesman for Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, said the government won't be able to confirm al-Masri's death until it makes an identification of the body.

"Iraqi security forces do not have the body," al-Dabbagh said on Iraqi state TV.
------------------
10/5/2006 10:54 AM

BAGHDAD (AP) — The U.S. military is performing DNA tests on a slain militant to determine if he is the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, but U.S. and Iraqi officials said Thursday it did not appear that Abu Ayyub al-Masri had been killed.

Reports that al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, had been killed surfaced after a raid Tuesday that killed four terror suspects in the western Iraqi town of Haditha.
-----------------

Who's "We"??? :|

It was the Iraqii tribesmen who killed the group of terrorists. But billvon seems to hate America's involvement in this war so much, that he blames the U.S. for what Iraqii tribesmen do. And it's not the U.S. military making the claim of his death, it's the newspapers. So, either way, billvon's "we" title is off-base.

It was the Iraqii tribesmen who killed the group of terrorists. But billvon seems to hate America's involvement in this war so much, that he blames the U.S. for what Iraqii tribesmen do. And it's not the U.S. military making the claim of his death, it's the newspapers. So, either way, billvon's "we" title is off-base.

Rather large load of bullshit you're peddling there.

Actually, Bill's tone is a little strange considering the content of these two news stories. It has me a bit confused. I suppose we could take an inventory...

Prospect of an AQI leader having been killed = A Good Thing.
Native Iraqis confirming interest in fighting against AQI in general = A Good Thing
Media reporting incorrect or enfeeblingly undeveloped stories = Par for the course.
Officials consistently remaining cautious about celebrating something too soon = A Good Thing.

Jesus, JR, your conclusion looks somewhat precipitious - didn't lose time, did ya?

Nothing's really confirmed yet, how about waiting a little bit longer? :S

BTW: I have no idea what your remark about BillVon's "hate (about) America's involvement...." means? Care to elaborate...??

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

It was the Iraqii tribesmen who killed the group of terrorists.

Why the tirade? Didn't you know that BillVon is also an Iraqi tribesman?

(It was a small adoption ceremony involving some piercing and tattooing, the drinking of a partially narcotic brew made from a small tuber plant and monkey excrement, and the ritualistic marriage to the chief's second youngest daughter - actually kind of cute and not as fat as the oldest daughter. Oh, the feasting and dancing that night was fine, I'll tell you.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hopefully this time it's for real.

I mentioned it early today in another post, this is becoming common. The locals are getting sick of the BS and are beginning to push the insurgents out themselves. It's going to be a long road before they get them all out, but at least its a start.

On the downside it's going to be pretty damn hard to tell who's friendly and who's not if it's a bunch of civilians running out with weapons to help!! I miss the old GI Joe days where all the bad guys had red lasers and all the good guys had blue ones;)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

>But billvon seems to hate America's involvement in this war so much . . .

Are you OK there?

>So, either way, billvon's "we" title is off-base.

"We" - The US and their allies. Unless you consider Iraqi tribesmen our enemies now?

killed = A Good Thing.
Native Iraqis confirming interest in fighting against AQI in general = A Good Thing---------------------------------Yas don't think the million $ price tag on his head had anything to do w/it do ya?;)

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

The locals are getting sick of the BS and are beginning to push the insurgents out themselves.

That's because they've got their guns. In Iraq, you see, only tree-huggers (wearing cardigan burkhas) don't have guns. And there are only 13 trees in the entire country, ergo...

On the downside it's going to be pretty damn hard to tell who's friendly and who's not if it's a bunch of civilians running out with weapons to help!!

You leftie gun-o-phobe, you.

I have no idea what your remark about BillVon's "hate (about) America's involvement...." means? Care to elaborate...??:|

That obvservation comes from paying attention to what people's expressed views are in these threads.

You should try it sometime.

Jesus, JR, your conclusion looks somewhat precipitious... Nothing's really confirmed yet, how about waiting a little bit longer?

Billvon is the one who started this thread with the news story, and commented upon it. Perhaps you should direct your comments to him.

And everyone that isn't American, is not automatically an enemy.

If "we" continue down the same path "we" have been on since going to Iraq...that number who is NOT an enemy is going to be pretty freakin rare in the whole world...:S:S

>Iraqii tribesmen are not "we, Americans".

Correct. But why do you claim that "we" equals "americans?" That's a rather provincial viewpoint, one that has led most of the world to think we're pretty arrogant when it comes to how we see our allies.

>And everyone that isn't American, is not automatically an enemy.

Well, according to you, they can't be part of "us." Which is pretty annoying to people we call our allies.

Rather large load of bullshit you're peddling there.

Perhaps you should be more specific about what part of my response you consider to be "bullshit". Then we can talk about it. As is, your claim means absolutely nothing.

"We" - The US and their allies. Unless you consider Iraqi tribesmen our enemies now?

Iraqii tribesmen are not "we, Americans".

And everyone that isn't American, is not automatically an enemy.

Perhaps he meant "we, humans"?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Speaking of RHIFWs....Where's Osama? Nobody has heard from him in over a year, and according to what I've read, he wasn't sounding very healthy the last time he personally recorded some AQ propaganda. Rumors abound that he has finally gotten his 72 virgins...

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."