Amazon

The Party of Morality loses another one..

Its really tough when you are consistently seen as the Party of God and Morality.:S

Oh lets get it out of the way right now.. I think President Clinton got a blow job... more than once even.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/27/dc.madam/index.html

Bush selected him in January 2006 as the director of U.S. Foreign Assistance and administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development, the main agency overseeing economic and humanitarian assistance globally. He holds the rank of deputy secretary of state.

Tobias attended two functions at the White House this week, both times earning praise in the president's public remarks.

Arn't you just dying to know who else was a client...

It is funny to see the GOP consistently claim the moral high ground, and then have members get busted for things they howled bloody murder about when the Dems did it.

I think it unreasonable to believe an organization that claims high standards will be without personal scandal. It doesn't mean that the pursuit of the high standards is wrong. That seems to be the message you would like to take away from this, that it shouldn't be a scandal for anyone.

Difference is, the dems appear to have decided to be the party of low standards.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It is funny to see the GOP consistently claim the moral high ground, and then have members get busted for things they howled bloody murder about when the Dems did it.

I may like you yet
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Difference is, the dems appear to have decided to be the party of low standards.

In other words, when republicans do bad things it's good people making mistakes.

When democrats do the same things it's bad people showing their true nature.

Or is it the other way around?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

It only APPEARS that way to the rabid right... otherwise.. why do SOOO many of the champions of what is morality.. and wish to tell EVERYONE how to live their lives....keep getting caught with their pants down.

It only APPEARS that way to the rabid right... otherwise.. why do SOOO many of the champions of what is morality.. and wish to tell EVERYONE how to live their lives....keep getting caught with their pants down.

Because humans are quite fallible.

Is it better to not have high standards?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

In other words, when republicans do bad things it's good people making mistakes.

When democrats do the same things it's bad people showing their true nature.

Or is it the other way around?

Your "in other words" are not at all what how I would say it, not at all.

The dems defend their members when they are caught in such scandals, seeing it as a virtue for them to stay just to prevent their adversaries from having a victory. Big difference, I think.

In my own life yes.. but I DECIDE that... do I try to cram that down other peoples throats.. NO...

It would be nice if people would just stay the hell out of OTHER peoples lives and let GOD judge them rather than ASSUMING the mantle of judging others... but that does not work so good for most of the Party of Morality now does it.

Personally.. I dont give a rats ass if this guy is out lookin for nub in all the wrong places... its none of my business... but in the Right Wing World.. I am sure there are hypocrisy standards that must be adhered to when vetting those who are supposed to be leading our nation.

You consistently confuse having high standards with trumpeting that you have high standards.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think it unreasonable to believe an organization that claims high standards will be without personal scandal.

What you call high standards, your morality, others call nonsense. When you refer to Democrats having low standards, it reflects that they don't value the things you hold in high esteem.

When a person thumps his bible in front of the voting public, but does Mary when he thinks nobody's looking, he's a piss ant. When that same person, while thumping his bible, condemns another person for doing Mary, but turns around and does Mary himself when he thinks nobody's looking, he ain't worth spittin' on when he catches fire.

That's just my $.02

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

>Is it better to not have high standards?

It is good to have high standards that you set for yourself.

It is even better to have high standards that you set for yourself - and attain.

It is worse to have high standards for others that you can't be bothered to attain yourself.

In my own life yes.. but I DECIDE that... do I try to cram that down other peoples throats.. NO...

It would be nice if people would just stay the hell out of OTHER peoples lives and let GOD judge them rather than ASSUMING the mantle of judging others.

Your post record on this forum says plenty about your "live and let live" philosophy. :D

I think it unreasonable to believe an organization that claims high standards will be without personal scandal.

What you call high standards, your morality, others call nonsense. When you refer to Democrats having low standards, it reflects that they don't value the things you hold in high esteem.

When a person thumps his bible in front of the voting public, but does Mary when he thinks nobody's looking, he's a piss ant. When that same person, while thumping his bible, condemns another person for doing Mary, but turns around and does Mary himself when he thinks nobody's looking, he ain't worth spittin' on when he catches fire.

That's just my $.02

linz

the part I don't think you realize is the point you are trying to make has nothing to do with the bible. That part is just crap. Do you and others have standards for yourself and therefore others? Do all those standards come from (or need to come from a bible?

Your comments (as well as those using a bible) you try to support with a prop. Regardless of ones beliefs
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I am not sure I understand the hypocrisy from the single article linked. Can someone provide a link to show this man's "bible thumping" ? Not this party lines bullshit either.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Your post record on this forum says plenty about your "live and let live" philosophy.

I just am here to point out the things that make the rePUBICans hypocrisy so blatant.
Party of High expectations// BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Like Agnew.. Like Nixon..like Ollie North.. Like Ronnie Raygun and the Contras and on and on and on...

Now back to my self imposed rule of not posting to specific right wing trolls... just to the Party of Morality posters....who seem to love that holier than anyone else hypocriosy.

the part I don't think you realize is the point you are trying to make has nothing to do with the bible. That part is just crap. Do you and others have standards for yourself and therefore others? Do all those standards come from (or need to come from a bible?

It was just an example, and not to be taken quite so literally....

My standards are for myself, and certainly the way I think about others is based on my values. There are people whose moral standards are very different from mine whom I trust implicitly and whom I think very highly of.

I won't (and I don't think highly of people who do) pretend to live by some moral code, from religious teachings or otherwise, that will ingratiate me to the public for the sake of gaining power. Wolves in sheep's clothing deserve what comes their way.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

It was just an example, and not to be taken quite so literally....

My standards are for myself, and certainly the way I think about others is based on my values. There are people whose moral standards are very different from mine whom I trust implicitly and whom I think very highly of.

I won't (and I don't think highly of people who do) pretend to live by some moral code, from religious teachings or otherwise, that will ingratiate me to the public for the sake of gaining power. Wolves in sheep's clothing deserve what comes their way.

OK, I can give you this but, why did you see fit to use the bible as a prop? I don't expect and answer (not being snippy here) as I think we all have to examine what we say and why at times.

I know Chistians are one of the few PC allowed groups to attack with hate speach. These types of examples only serve to maintain that tactic
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

OK, I can give you this but, why did you see fit to use the bible as a prop? I don't expect and answer (not being snippy here) as I think we all have to examine what we say and why at times.

I was using Bible thumpers (rather than the Bible itself) as a "prop." In my mind, people who try to force their morality on others (Bible thumpers) are some of the most highly suspect folks around. Many of 'em are good people, I'm sure, but it takes more for me to trust this particular lot. So I use "Bible thumpers" to make that point without so many words....
--

And some will do anything to get it their way, no matter what.

Use your turn signal!

I just am here to point out the things that make the rePUBICans hypocrisy so blatant.
Party of High expectations// BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Like Agnew.. Like Nixon..like Ollie North.. Like Ronnie Raygun and the Contras and on and on and on...

Now back to my self imposed rule of not posting to specific right wing trolls... just to the Party of Morality posters....who seem to love that holier than anyone else hypocriosy.

When I was a kid, the Republican party was for fiscal responsibility, smaller government, and individual liberty. Since they have turned 180 degrees on all the principles they ever stood for, and become nothing more than organized crime masquerading as a political party. I am waiting with glee to see who else gets named by that madam.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

When I was a kid, the Republican party was for fiscal responsibility, smaller government, and individual liberty. Since they have turned 180 degrees on all the principles they ever stood for,

.... we now don't have any party that stands for these things.

Isn't it great?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants