Zipp0

Iran - How Far Will they Push?

<< surrender monkeys >>
:S

Would you rather they died heros deaths in a hail of overwhelming bullets?

No. It seems to me, however, that they have a choice to make.

Either send in enough troops and well armed/supported forces that can resist or avoid a capture like this, or get the hell out of the area.

It is not responsible to put these people in harms way and curtail the ROE, and fail to provide support when needed.

The British DO have RADAR, right?

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I love how we go in people’s back yard and start shit and then they’re the ass hole. Got to love the peace loving evangelical president and the sheep that follow. BAHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHH.

Yep - they're the assholes. No one else is hosting Holocaust Denier parties and promoting the destruction of Israel while trying to develope a nuclear program.

Given their history of being assholes, I'm rather inclined to believe the British version of the story, lacking credible evidence to the contrary.

It also reminds me of how Reagan handled Libya's 200 mile claim in the Med.

I love how we go in people’s back yard and start shit and then they’re the ass hole. Got to love the peace loving evangelical president and the sheep that follow. BAHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHH.

Yep - they're the assholes. No one else is hosting Holocaust Denier parties and promoting the destruction of Israel while trying to develope a nuclear program.

Given their history of being assholes, I'm rather inclined to believe the British version of the story, lacking credible evidence to the contrary.

It also reminds me of how Reagan handled Libya's 200 mile claim in the Med.

So what? now we kill people we don;t agree with. So lets kill anyone we don;t agree with.

So your for freedom as long is it done your way. Freedom of speech. As long as you say what I want, freedom of choice if I can make the choices for them.

Nice not hypocritical at all. Reminds me of a Metallica song

Eye Of The Beholder

Do You See What I See?
Truth Is an Offense
You Silence for Your Confidence
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Doors Are Slamming Shut
Limit Your Imagination, Keep You Where They must
Do You Feel What I Feel?
Bittering Distress
Who Decides What You Express
Do You Take What I Take?
Endurance Is the Word
Moving Back Instead of Forward Seems to Me Absurd

Doesn't Matter What You See
Or into it What You Read
You Can Do it Your Own Way
If It's Done Just How I Say

Independence Limited
Freedom of Choice
Choice Is Made for You My Friend
Freedom of Speech
Speech Is Words That They Will Bend
Freedom with Their Exception

Do You Fear What I Fear?
Living Properly
Truths to You Are Lies to Me
Do You Choose What I Choose?
More Alternatives
Energy Derives from Both the plus and Negative
Do You Need What I Need?
Boundaries Overthrown
Look Inside to Each His Own
Do You Trust What I Trust?
Me, Myself and I
Penetrate the Smoke Screen I See Through the Selfish Lie

Or into it What You Read

Independence Limited
Freedom of Choice
Freedom of Speech
Freedom with Their Exception

Do You Know What I Know?
Your Money And Your Wealth
Your Silence Just to Hear Your Self
Do You Want What I Want?
Desire Not a Thing
I Hunger after Independence Lengthen Freedom's Ring

Or into it What You Read

Independence Limited
Freedom of Choice
Freedom of Speech
Freedom no longer frees you

Or into it What You Read
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

It seems odd to me that the outcry hasn't been more pronounced over Iran capturing UK marines. Why didn't the British frigate roll in and take out the Iranian boats?

I am all for pulling out of Iraq (or at least pulling back) but the Iran situation has me a bit conflicted. They seemed dead set on provocation, and they seem to have the green light to continue it.

If they go after more UK troops, will they shoot back next time?

I've been reading the thread but I wasn't sure how to reply. I guess my take is that the title of the thread should be "how far will they push back". Clearly we've been doing the pushing, and they're responding. And I don't know about any of you folks but I thought that this sort of confrontation was precisely what was expected. I mean, how many of you were surprised when you heard about it?

As long as we're quoting Metallica:

Don't Tread On Me

Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
Once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
Never begins it, never, but once engaged
Never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage

Don't tread on me

So be it
Threaten no more
To secure peace is to prepare for war
So be it
Settle the score
Touch me again for the words that you will hear evermore

Don't tread on me

I agree that Iran may feel cornered to a degree, but this is just cowardly behavior on their part.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

So your for freedom as long is it done your way. Freedom of speech. As long as you say what I want, freedom of choice if I can make the choices for them.

Freedom of speech (The American version, not the Iranian joke) doesn't include the right to make threats of violence or to incite others to commit violence.

so if that's the line of reasoning you want to use, Bush should be compelled to blown up Tehran.

A very telling passage:

The editor of a 'liberal' newspaper which had been shut down no fewer than seven times and reopened under a different name told me he approved of sanctions because they would put pressure on the regime.

Military action, he said, would be counter-productive.

Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

If the 1979-'80 American Embassy hostage crisis is any indication, they'll play it for all it's worth. Not only that, but this President Ahmedinejad has been positively identified by some of the former American Embassy hostages as one of their "student" captors.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

If the 1979-'80 American Embassy hostage crisis is any indication, they'll play it for all it's worth. Not only that, but this President Ahmedinejad has been positively identified by some of the former American Embassy hostages as one of their "student" captors.

I've seen the photographs, it is clearly him, unless he has a twin.

We have our troops to the east, Northwest, west, and south west of Iran. All of our armed forces have traveled thousands of miles to get there. We have called Iran the axis of Evil and now we have them sorunded.
We just recently invaded Irans neighbor for NO REAL Reason, and still the title of this thread is how far will they (Iran) push? Can you get any more blind then that?

I'm with you on this one, and absolutely positive Iran is reacting to more than just what we see in the press. Anyone who doesn't think we're pushing all sorts of buttons under the radar is probably suffering from terminal naivete.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You're simply not going to drum up any sympathy for Iran whilst they have got a complete fucking lunatic in charge.

And he IS a complete fucking lunatic.

Like we have any room to talk on that point. :S:D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

You know when I started reading that I thought you were speaking about the US.

The US invaded which other countries Embassy and took hostages in ANY conflict???????

THe Iranians through Hezbollah have attacked the US repeatedly and killed how many Americans?

The Iranians have attacked Israel over and over....thru their shiite muslim stooges...YUP. sounds like such a wonderful peacel oving country.

It seems to me the Iranians had a compelling reason to hate the US. What triggered that whole embassy hostage thing?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

If the coalition wanted to violate Iranian waters, we could do so with impunity - send in some heavily armed cruisers with air support.

I don't recall the USS Vincennes needing any air support while in Iranian waters. We targeted and killed how many civilians that time? Of course our current fucktard's dad had the best quote on that one, "I will never apologize for the United States of America; I don't care what the facts are." Too bad the Shrub didn't get some of his father's good traits to go with the bad.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

It seems to me the Iranians had a compelling reason to hate the US. What triggered that whole embassy hostage thing?

Oh yeah... here we go.. its all America's fault again....We supported the Shah

Even still THEY broke all international codes of diplomacy when they attacked and took over our embassy... and took our people hostage.....realllly bad form for their "students" to do that. But on the flip side... I wonder if they still would have done it if they knew that millions of thier fellow countrymen would die as a fairly direct result of their actions.

Oh yeah... here we go.. its all America's fault again....We supported the Shah

Even still THEY broke all international codes of diplomacy when they attacked and took over our embassy... and took our people hostage.....realllly bad form for their "students" to do that. But on the flip side... I wonder if they still would have done it if they knew that millions of thier fellow countrymen would die as a fairly direct result of their actions.

I'm not sure what you're arguing. I didn't say the Iranians were justified in taking those hostages, I merely said they had a compelling reason. I could have a compelling reason to murder someone, but it wouldn't make me any less guilty. What I'm sick of on this topic is everyone saying that we were/are innocent. We weren't then, and with your background, you know as well as I do that we aren't now. We're fucking with them too. The fact that we have superior military and economic capability doesn't make us any more in the right, just more capable of pressing our side of the issue...just like back then. Do you honestly think our current position in Iraq had/has nothing to do with Iran?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I just hate hypocrisy, and hypocrites

Iran is a state controlled by radical Islamic fundamentalists and we know radical Islam is hell bent on the destruction of western civilization. The USA and Britian are imperialistic powers hell bent on conquering strategic parts of the world for their own selfish economic interests.

Satisfied?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I just hate hypocrisy, and hypocrites

Iran is a state controlled by radical Islamic fundamentalists ...

I think that might be a bit of an over statement. Iran isn't Afghanistan. Is it headed by a verbose leader with a flare for firey dramatic speech yet can be pelted with eggs by his critics without killing anyone? Yes. Headed by a religious leadership that has issued a fatwa against nuclear weapons? Yes. Is the angry orator in jeopardy of losing his job in the next election as evidenced by the result of the recent elections? Yes. Will it increase stability in the middle east or increase western security if Israel and/or the US launch a military strike on Iran or will it have the opposite effect?