Loonix

Why People Believe Americans Are Stupid

Am i the only one that had NO problems answering any of those? Should I move to europe so i can look down my nose at everyone?:P
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

That was funny.:D

Kind of a clean shaven "Borat" act. How ordinary. Jay Leno has been doing that kind of comedy for years.

I'm sure we could find some ignorant Europeans, Russians, Chinese, or Indonesians, if we tried, and make fools out of them.

Sure, I deplore the state of American schools and the culture that revels in pop news and tabloidism as opposed to real news and science, but what's a guy to do? There's always going to be that group at the wrong end of the bell curve that doesn't know jack and doesn't care.

Our kids could have handled those interviews. And our country put men on the moon. Don't give us to much grief. We're not all that stupid. I'm sure he just left the smart folks on the cutting room floor.

>:(

I agree that these kind of responses would be the same, if not worse, in many countries worldwide. I heard tons of these when I lived in Japan, such as "Oh, I've never been to the US, but I went to Hawaii once." or "If the steering wheel is on the other side of the car in the U.S., what do you do at a toll booth? Get out and walk around?" Ignorance anywhere in the world is sad, but ignorance plus blind faith in a leader can be a frightening combination.

I can go anywhere in the world and make the same video.

Congratulations on making yourself feel better.

notice how I posted this in the bonfire. :)

So you weren't proven wron in SC?:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The sad fact of it is, most (yes, most) Americans really are that stupid.

Yes, I am an American. :P

Name a country that starts with a U? How the hell do you goof that question?
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

The sad fact of it is, most (yes, most) Americans really are that stupid.

Yes, I am an American. :P

Name a country that starts with a U? How the hell do you goof that question?

Honestly, stupidity knows no boundaries. Different place, different people, different test, same answers.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

True story (paraphrased):
Atlanta. Olympics. Phone-in ticket sales:

"Hello. How may I help you?"

"I want to purchase tickets."

"What is the mailing address?"

"Albuquerque, New Mexico."

"I'm sorry, you have to call our International Ticket Sales number."

"What???"

...long story short...there was a really big stink about that...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I am pretty sure it was Yugoslavia and not Uugoslavia...plus the country doesn't even exist no moreB| But I would look like an idiot if being asked randomly on the street like that.

edit: Ok, ok, I understand a few Americans are not clued up about what's happening around the world, or what religion the Buddhist monks follow, but how can you not know that your county was involved in Vietnam when 50,000 Americans died there?!:|

Our kids could have handled those interviews. And our country put men on the moon. Don't give us to much grief. We're not all that stupid. I'm sure he just left the smart folks on the cutting room floor.

>:(

Hey, it's all just taking the piss, indeed you could find people from anywhere in the world and ask them the same questions about countries, curencies, politicians and wars, nobody in their right mind believes that a whole nation can be stupid, if they do, they are stupid themselfs!

However I am struck by the fact you used the putting men on the moon, why that? Are you sure that was a 100% American achievent?:)
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

When it comes to world affaires most Americans don’t follow every thing that goes on. Main reason being it does not effect their lives like it does in almost every other country in the world.
Right now we are at war, but other then the troops, and their families you wouldn’t know it here.
I bet many people haven’t even missed a morning coffe.So there is no Sacrifice being made by the citizens (other then the Troops, and their families).
So when world affaires tend to have very little effect on what’s going on at home there is no need to know what’s going on.

So there is no need to follow what leader did what in some country, because it will not effect the situation back home too much.

The other issue is that our standards in our public school here are very low, basically I remember we did cal. 1 in 9th grade. I know a few people who didn’t even take that in college.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Unbelievable ...
I can't believe some people are so f***ing retarded ...
When asked something about a war situation that the president supports and the person being questioned knows absolutely nothing about, they just follow him (the prez) blindly, knowing nothing at all about what's going on!! WTF people think for yourselves, not for someone else!!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"