Loonix

Why People Believe Americans Are Stupid

This is why I do not vote, never have and never will. I don't follow politics. Politics and world relations are some of the biggest bullshit in existance and I won't have anything to do with it.

If I don't follow these things, I have no right to vote. Nor do most Americans. Most Americans seriously need to be stripped of the right to vote.

No, Americans who don't vote, and give a lame reason for it, should be stripped of the right to vote.

I teach college freshmen all of whom are in the top quintile of their age group, and I find this not surprising in the least based on my observations. In particular their knowledge of world geography is just awful.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

stop being a window licker at the back and pay attention :)

I bet that makes you feel superior, eh? Nameless poster who makes fun of disabled people with your condescending names ...

Some people's disabilities are just more noticeable than others. I think your's is obvious. I work with emotionally disturbed, autistic, MR, Asperger's syndrome, and learning diabled kids. (and I have a son with AS) You're the guy that creates a ton of problems for these poor kids with your "funny comments" like short bus, window lickers ... etc. >:(

steveOrino

After a whole day of interviews, I believe only one woman correctly answered the question about how many states are in the United States of America.

and those are presumably the same ones who complain that USCIS citizenship tests are made too easy to pass for those darn ferriners.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

>Name a country that starts with a U? How the hell do you goof that question?

I would have said "uzbekistan." But that's just because the word sounds cooler.

Recently released movie called "idiocracy" explores this. Those really dumb people they're talking about in that segment? Odds are that they're more likely to have trouble figuring out birth control - and thus they are the ones reproducing like crazy.

>Name a country that starts with a U? How the hell do you goof that question?

I would have said "uzbekistan." But that's just because the word sounds cooler.

I'm kinda slow today. I didn't watch the video but upon reading the grandparent post I thought to myself, "Uruguay... Uganda... Uzbekistan... Hmm, why is that strange that Americans can't answ- oh... right..." [smacks forehead]

Austrailian sure are good at taking the piss.

;)

that was some funny shit.

yes there are supid people in every country, but Americans are famous for being loud and stupid. there are always exceptions to the rule.

The KFC dude had me the most puzzled. how can you know the answer to a question with out actually knowing it....

i don't know all the states but I sure as hell know that kentucky is one!

:S
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

One of the worst things about that video was how dumbfounded so many people were about where to locate countries on a map and that someone supposedly actually believes that Australia was North Korea.

I may not be able to name a lot of countries off the top of my head, but I can sure as hell locate within 1/2-1 inch on a world map "about" where a country is.

Some of these things are excusable. I can even see how you wouldn't think of the United States as a country that starts with a U when asked the question under "pressure". Having a camera pointed at you can really turn some people stupid. I know it can have that effect on me.

It really amazes me how people think Korea is still a country though.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

One of the worst things about that video was how dumbfounded so many people were about where to locate countries on a map and that someone supposedly actually believes that Australia was North Korea.

I may not be able to name a lot of countries off the top of my head, but I can sure as hell locate within 1/2-1 inch on a world map "about" where a country is.

Some of these things are excusable. I can even see how you wouldn't think of the United States as a country that starts with a U when asked the question under "pressure". Having a camera pointed at you can really turn some people stupid. I know it can have that effect on me.

It really amazes me how people think Korea is still a country though.

The worst thing about that video is that there are just as many dopes in Australia. Americans don't send TV crews to Australia to mock the people there back home. Unfortunately when all those Australian dopes see this highly edited footage of the worst people the camera crew could find on the street they actually feel superior, especially the REALLY dopey drongos who are too stupid to work out what is actually going on.

I teach college freshmen all of whom are in the top quintile of their age group, and I find this not surprising in the least based on my observations. In particular their knowledge of world geography is just awful.

Ask an Australian or a Brit to point to Montana on a map. It's almost 10 times the area of Switzerland, why the heck can't those uneducated dopes locate it?

I believe only one woman correctly answered the question about how many states are in the United States of America.

No way! :D:D:D That's pitiful. There's not a person at our dinner table, kids included, that can't answer that one.

Yeah, but isn't that just because you require them to keep track of the gun laws in each state? ;)
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Ask an Australian or a Brit to point to Montana on a map. It's almost 10 times the area of Switzerland, why the heck can't those uneducated dopes locate it?

Can I choose one in the top quintile, so as to compare apples with apples?

I suspect a lot of uneducated Americans can't find Montana on a map either.

When I worked summers at Los Alamos Natl. Lab. I was told "Never write 'New Mexico' on an envelope to be mailed, the USPS regularly sends mail addressed like that to Mexico and it takes weeks to get it back".

guys like this

:P;)

Unfortunately when all those Australian dopes see this highly edited footage of the worst people the camera crew could find on the street they actually feel superior, especially the REALLY dopey drongos who are too stupid to work out what is actually going on.

The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

guys like this

Unfortunately when all those Australian dopes see this highly edited footage of the worst people the camera crew could find on the street they actually feel superior, especially the REALLY dopey drongos who are too stupid to work out what is actually going on.

Fortunately those particular dopes don't consider themselves the world's policemen, entitled to invade any nation that they don't like.

I can locate the vast majority of countries within an inch or two on the globe, but Canadian states? Mexican states - none besides Quintanna Roo. I'm sure other countries have provinces, states, or other divisions as well, but I don't think non citizens need to care about such internal organization.

Fortunately those particular dopes don't consider themselves the world's policemen, entitled to invade any nation that they don't like.

"ok private XXX, spell Iraq..."
"Where is it on the map?" (attached)

It's a bit harder than ADAC... uhm... ACDC

I'm starting to talk rubish now, time for bed I suppose.
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

The only reason to know where another country is located is to be able to program the coordinates into a bomb. :P

PS: In all honesty, what do you expect from a country where more people pay attention to American Idol than American Politics?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

guys like this

Neither do Americans, and Australia is helping out rather nicely in the "coallition of the willing".