funks

We deserve to get our asses blown up

If you do a little research however, you'll see that the Pegasus Missile program was abandoned shortly after that test.

I doubt it was fully abandoned. It made too much sense for us to have the capability to shoot down satellites. It also made sense to SAY it was abandoned.

http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/asat/almv.htm
As far as ASAT weapons development goes, I would have to hazard only a guess that it is not in the form of a missile. It's far more likely that the "missile defense" is more viable, that or LASER technology.

Edit to add:
http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/asat/ke_asat.htm
I don't have more information on this program, but I believe it too was cut.

If we had it to build over again, I'm sure we could fast-track it, but not with great results.

Can't disagree with you there. :)
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>What about all the aid we provide to Africa that has saved hundred of thousands (if not millions) of lives,

Aid provided for personal gain and nothing else.

You are right, all the USA government and USA companies sending food, medicine, clothing, etc... to Africa are doing it for their own personal gain and nothing else. :S Seriously, we send aid that save hundreds of thousands of lives (if not millions) and yet people find a way to make it appear negative. What other countries are sending aid? What other countries are sending as much aid? Would it be better to send no aid and let everyone die?

PS: People became angry that the USA is policing the world and people become angry that the USA is not policing the world. Make up your mind, do we interfere in cases like Rwanda (and all the other possible cases) or do we mind our own business?

Only a fraction of aid gets to it's destination. Most is hijacked to the govts. we are needing for friends. AT THE TIME. Then when we're done w/ them we chew em up and spit en out.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

>What about all the aid we provide to Africa that has saved hundred of thousands (if not millions) of lives,

Aid provided for personal gain and nothing else.

You are right, all the USA government and USA companies sending food, medicine, clothing, etc... to Africa are doing it for their own personal gain and nothing else. :S Seriously, we send aid that save hundreds of thousands of lives (if not millions) and yet people find a way to make it appear negative. What other countries are sending aid? What other countries are sending as much aid? Would it be better to send no aid and let everyone die?

PS: People became angry that the USA is policing the world and people become angry that the USA is not policing the world. Make up your mind, do we interfere in cases like Rwanda (and all the other possible cases) or do we mind our own business?

Only a fraction of aid gets to it's destination. Most is hijacked to the govts. we are needing for friends. AT THE TIME. Then when we're done w/ them we chew em up and spit en out.;)

Once again, incorrect. I donate time and money to an organization (http://www.fmsc.org) in which 94% of the aid gets to it's destination.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Bottom line is the USA's star is fading and the Chineese are coming! China IS the new world superpower and is growing in power day by day. America has had its day and will have to get used to the fact that the Chineese will soon be the top dog not them.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Trying to stop the world from committing genocide, hate, terrorism and other selfish acts is not imposing our beliefs on others. Beleiving that evil is bad is not a belief it's truth. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an asshat. At least someone is trying to stop it. Although we should do more of that on our own soil first.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Trying to stop the world from committing genocide, hate, terrorism and other selfish acts is not imposing our beliefs on others. Beleiving that evil is bad is not a belief it's truth. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an asshat. At least someone is trying to stop it. Although we should do more of that on our own soil first.

You seem to see the USA as Superman, imposing truth, justice and the "American Way". I, on the other hand, view the USA as rather more like Church Lady with a gun.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Trying to stop the world from committing genocide, hate,
>terrorism and other selfish acts is not imposing our beliefs on others.

If the US was invaded by a country who wanted to stop the war in Iraq, I suspect you would suddenly decide that THEY were the bad guys. Even if they just wanted to stop hate and war.

>Beleiving that evil is bad is not a belief it's truth. Anyone
>that thinks otherwise is an asshat.

While I agree, WE are the ones who are now doing a lot of the evil in the world. A lot of people are saying "yeah, but we're not as bad as the insurgents/Saddam Hussein/Bin Laden." Which may be true - but it's pretty pathetic that we have to compare ourselves to people like that to come out on top. We should be better than that.

why do you go to Nepal and other Asian countries that China has invaded and occupied and see how they're faring.

Nepal? I had no idea China had invaded Nepal! I thought it was a Kingdom!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepal

I think you may have been thinking about Tibet.;)

t

Yep, my bad...I was thinking that and by the time I got around to wanting to change it, my "time" allowing for an edit was expired...:S;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!