jumprunner

Bush/Cheney Impeachment

California Becomes Second State to Introduce Bush Impeachment

by David Swanson

Joining Illinois, California has become the second state in which a proposal to impeach President Bush has been introduced in the state legislature. And this one includes Cheney as well.

California Assemblyman Paul Koretz of Los Angeles (where the LA Times has now called for Cheney's resignation) has submitted amendments to Assembly Joint Resolution No. 39, calling for the impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney. The amendments reference Section 603 of Jefferson's Manual of the Rules of the United States House of Representatives, which allows federal impeachment proceedings to be initiated by joint resolution of a state legislature.

The resolution, in the words of Koretz's press release, "bases the call for impeachment upon the Bush Administration intentionally misleading the Congress and the American people regarding the threat from Iraq in order to justify an unnecessary war that has cost billions of dollars and thousands of lives and casualties; exceeding constitutional authority to wage war by invading Iraq; exceeding constitutional authority by Federalizing the National Guard; conspiring to torture prisoners in violation of the 'Federal Torture Act' and indicating intent to continue such actions; spying on American citizens in violation of the 1978 Foreign Agency Surveillance Act; leaking and covering up the leak of the identity of Valerie Plame Wilson, and holding American citizens without charge or trial."

Koretz submitted amendments gutting AJR No. 39, a resolution unrelated to impeachment, to the Assembly Rules Committee. The Rules Committee may take up the bill this week for referral, allowing him to formally introduce the amended resolution.

AJR 39 is a bill introduced in January by Koretz calling for a moratorium on depleted uranium:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0001-0050/ajr_39_bill_20060104_introduced.html

"At both the state and national levels," Koretz said, "we will be paying for the Bush Administration's illegal actions and terrible lack of judgment and competence for decades—not only in the billions of dollars wasted on the war and welfare for the rich, but in the worldwide loss of respect for America and Americans. Bush and Cheney must be impeached and removed from office before they undertake even deadlier misdeeds, such as the use of nuclear weapons. There are no bounds to their willingness to ignore the Constitution and world opinion—we can't afford to wait for the next disaster and hope that we can survive it."

For more inormation and to thank this American hero, contact Paul Michael Neuman in Koretz's District Office: (310) 285-5490 [email protected] or go here:
http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a42/contact.htm

Here is a kit to help with promoting this resolution and with passing others in your towns and cities and states. Also on this page is information on activities in other states and localities:
http://www.impeachpac.org/resolutions

Get organized in California to pass this bill!
http://pdamerica.org/statecaucus.php?s=ca

Illinois Legislators Were First to Introduce Bill for Bush Impeachment

Three members of the Illinois General Assembly have introduced a bill that urges the General Assembly to submit charges to the U. S. House of Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States, George W. Bush, for willfully violating his Oath of Office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and if found guilty urges his removal from office and disqualification to hold any other office in the United States.

The Jefferson Manual of rules for the U.S. House of Representatives makes clear that impeachment proceedings can be initiated by a state legislature submitting charges. The state of Illinois is on its way toward forcing on the House what not a single one of its members has yet had the courage to propose: Articles of Impeachment.

The text of the Illinois bill and information on its status are available here:
http://tinyurl.com/nhs3r

The bill takes up the issues of illegal spying, torture, detentions without charge or trial, manipulation of pre-war intelligence, and the leaking of classified information.

Please thank these sponsors of the bill:

Rep. Karen A. Yarbrough, phone (217) 782-8120 or (708) 615-1747; fax (708) 615-1745

Rep Sara Feigenholtz , phone (217) 782-8062 or (773) 296-4141; fax (217) 557-7203 or (773) 296-0993

Rep. Eddie Washington phone (217) 558-1012 or (847) 623-0060, fax (847) 623-6078

Live poll at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/

A whopping 87% want impeachment.

Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment? * 389440 responses

Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial.
87%

No, like any president, he has made a few missteps, but nothing approaching "high crimes and misdemeanors."
4.5%

No, the man has done absolutely nothing wrong. Impeachment would just be a political lynching.
6.4%

I don't know.
1.9%

This thread is about Bush and the prepetuation of lies leading to his impeachment (and hopefully, criminal prosecution). It is not about the Democrats in 2004. Get it?
Obviously you have nothing good to say about Bush which is the reason why you are bringing that up. Old news about something else doesnt cover up the truth. As far as Im concerned, you and anyone else who supports Bush is just as guilty as he is and you should be prosecuted along with him. We just dont have enough jails for all of you.

Gee I wonder if he read some of the comments here on Dropzone.com.... I could not have restated it any better.

Ul;timately this man is going to have to stand in front of his creator.. I think that will be far better judgement for his ultimate responsibility for the DEATH of so many innocent people for his inflated ego... bearing false witness to get us there( it seems that bearing false witness is a favorite of his) and lets not forget Coveting your neighbors OIL..its not his... and it looks like....with the legislation that has been passed... that that was the true reason for this war... GREED and EGO...

As far as Im concerned, you and anyone else who supports Bush is just as guilty as he is and you should be prosecuted along with him. We just dont have enough jails for all of you.

Cool - so you and the rest of the Dems are directly responsible for 9/11 and everything after it, due to Clinton's inaction toward OBL - nice logic.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Mike.. that kind of circular logic is certainly interesting.. BUT.... Clinton did not send thousands of his fellow countrymen off to fight in an illegal war under international law.... he did not do that for a reason.. he was far smarter than that...

And do not forget Osama attacked US..... WE attacked THEM... on an assumption of a PRE EMTIVE WAR... jus tlike the PREEMPTIVE wars that were starrted by Germany and Japan.. for RESOURCES.. and EGO.

The LA Times, NY Times, and Washington Post will all still be calling for impeachment of President Bush even after the 2008 election. :S

I'm going to take a tangent here and hypothisize that the election in 2008 will involve the Democratic Nominee running against President Bush, leaving the Republican Nominee to run on a myriad of platforms...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The LA Times, NY Times, and Washington Post will all still be calling for impeachment of President Bush even after the 2008 election. :S

I'm going to take a tangent here and hypothisize that the election in 2008 will involve the Democratic Nominee running against President Bush, leaving the Republican Nominee to run on a myriad of platforms...

Oh, ok... a repeat of the Dem platform for the '06 elections, then.. :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's in keeping with a large majority of the Bush apologists on dropzone who seem to still be campaigning against Clinton.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

That's in keeping with a large majority of the Bush apologists on dropzone who seem to still be campaigning against Clinton.

I think you're both right. Honestly, in the next election, I'd really like to hear about what the new guy is going to do instead of what the last two guys did, but that's probably not going to happen, just because it's easier to sling mud at a known entity than bother to go out and research the new one.

That 87% in favor number is obviously skewed due to the nature of the questions asked:

Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial.

MSNBC should be put on trial for journalistic malpractice. The question is obviously leading - "between the" clearly implies presumption of guilt. A proper question would have said that he has been accused of... I think the results of a poll should always be shown with the exact question asked so that such bullshit can be identified.

The charge that he is guilty of leaking and covering up the leak of the identity of Valerie Plame Wilson is especially funny.

I hope the Dems in congress try to impeach Bush. It was a horrible political move for the Repubs, and will greatly help the Repubs in the 2008 election. Go for it!
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Liberals are not the only ones that can't resist calling attention to hypocrisy.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I called both of my senators in an effort to voice my dissention in this matter, both times I was hung up on in the first minute.

I called my congressman(Hastert), and I was treated with dignity and was given the chance to express my wishes on this matter and was thanked, strange huh?

Dick Foreskin, and Osama Obama, are assholes and need to be voted out of office, only the asshats in chicago keep them in office due to the fact that chicago only votes for democrats.

I welcome it.

If he is found guilty he should be punished. So far no one has been able to provide proof of anything. Maybe this would provide that proof. I also hope that if found guilty he actually gets punished unlike Billy.

However, I hope that if found not guilty then you guys would stop the bashing. I however doubt it.

There will be no impeachment for the simple fact that the votes aren't there. Even with a Democrat majority in the House, it's still doubtful that all the Dems would vote for something as serious as an impeachment. So even though only a simple majority vote is required, it would be doubtful.

Secondly, the majority in the Senate is by one slim vote (and thank God for Sen. Tim Johnson's continuing recovery from his recent stroke). Conviction by a Senate trial requires a 2/3 majority vote, which is why neither Andrew Johnson or Bill Clinton were convicted, even though a simple majority of the Senate voted for a guilty verdict against both men.

Now if only there were some evidence that the Prez was knockin' boots with somebody.....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

California Becomes Second State to Introduce Bush Impeachment

by David Swanson B|
----------------------------------
EVERYDAY i find more and more reason to love this,great home state of mine God Bless California, B|where do I sign up to VOTE- HELL YEA, IMPEACH THEM!>:(

*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I also hope that if found guilty he actually gets punished unlike Billy.

However, I hope that if found not guilty then you guys would stop the bashing. I however doubt it.

You mean the way you stopped bashing Billy when he was found not guilty?

Wasn't Billy actually found guilty?
Just not punished when the impeachment process was done?

No. Billy was impeached by the house -- which is parallel to indictment by a grand jury.

He was then brought to trial and found to be Not Guilty by the jury of 100 senators.