Pedro1960

Stop dolphins massacre in Japan

sigh... a petition against dolphin killing somehow turns into america bashing :|

But of course. Everyone knows that America and President Bush are responsible for the killing of dolphins in Japan by the Japanese! Doh!

Well, we did establish their government for them, right?

You should go to school. You don´t know how to write your own language :ph34r:

You don´t know where is Portugal? Portugal is an independent country since 1143.
By the way, who was in charge of your country then?...:ph34r:. And Portugal is located in Europe. You know where and what is Europe, right? Am asking these because lots of you don´t know squat about world geography...B|

You should go to school. You don´t know how to write your own language :ph34r:

You don´t know where is Portugal? Portugal is an independent country since 1143.
By the way, who was in charge of your country then?...:ph34r:. And Portugal is located in Europe. You know where and what is Europe, right? Am asking these because lots of you don´t know squat about world geography...B|

LOL. How do u spel sarkasim in Portugeese?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Are you protecting ugly, dumb and dangerous animals too?

Or does your compassion stop at cute smart ones?

What about some species of crab that are so heavily over-crabbed (can't say overfished since they ain't fish) that they're practically extinct in some parts of the world.

What's your criteria for establishing what's worthy of protection? From your selection of dolphins, I deduce:

1) Intelligence
2) Degree of anthromorphism (fine word for assigning human emotions and behaviour to other creatures).

I don't disagree we gotta take better care of dolphins. Just think the same can be said about ugly dumb animals that have very little in common with humans.

Are you protecting ugly, dumb and dangerous animals too?

Or does your compassion stop at cute smart ones?

What about some species of crab that are so heavily over-crabbed (can't say overfished since they ain't fish) that they're practically extinct in some parts of the world.

What's your criteria for establishing what's worthy of protection? From your selection of dolphins, I deduce:

1) Intelligence
2) Degree of anthromorphism (fine word for assigning human emotions and behaviour to other creatures).

I don't disagree we gotta take better care of dolphins. Just think the same can be said about ugly dumb animals that have very little in common with humans.

It´s always better ask before assuming something bad about other people's motivations (it´s called prejudice).

I have participated in campaigns to protect ALL kind of animals.
as a scuba diver, the last animal I have save from a fishing net was not cute (he even bite me...).
And I do the same for humans also, who are much more dumber then dolphins (at least in this forum...).

You're a vegetarian, yet you like to hunt. So what do you do with the meat from the game you kill?

And if you're so concerned about the welfare of animals, then why do you hunt?

You are asking such silly questions?
*shaking head*

I don't find that so silly. Why do you hunt?
This ad space for sale.

I don't find that so silly. Why do you hunt?

That's off topic and I just do not want to explain anything on that. JohnRich surely knows, why I posted my reply. He's a hunter, too and there were already tons of posts on that subject in the past.

So :| no, sorry.

No, seriously; I don't get it either. Why do you hunt?

Hey my first line was a question.

And seriously, if you post about dolphins and then talk about their intelligence, you're setting yourself up for the anthromorph trap and the questions that come with that.

As I said, wildlife protection is good. Dolphins have many champions; ugly dumb brutes of creatures we cannot relate to have very few.

The easy route is to focus on the human-esque ones. The true animal lovers put their focus where it's needed. Good to hear you're one of them.

And I do the same for humans also, who are much more dumber then dolphins (at least in this forum...).

It's interesting that your disagreement is not with the statements or criticisms that were made. Instead, those who disagree are dumb or lack intelligence - and the allegation is conclusory.

Using me as an example, tell me what was unintelligent or dumb about my posts? Within 30 seconds, I found the ICW website and spent another ten minutes skimming it to gather information for my post.

Am I stupid or unintelligent for finding out that there is already an international framework in place for handling matters in your petition? There is already a belt in place to hold up the figurative pants of dealing with Japanese whaling. A petition is like adding suspenders to it - what the hell is the point? I also pointed out that your petition just didn't look good - the figurative rainbow suspenders with a blue suit.

John Rich had a good point - the Petition is to make you feel good. And he is also correct in stating that you are merely spinning your wheels.

So, tell me, why am I an idiot? And point out to me what I said that was factually wrong? I cited the resolutions for you.

In my rewrite there was no invective, no vitriol. In fact, I think it could be characterized as respectful of Japan's viewpoints. You may "feel" that Japan's viewpoints are not worthy of respect. You may "feel" that action needs to be taken.

Well, I "feel," too. I do "feel" that action needs to be taken with regard to killing methods, etc. But then I take "feelings" out of it when I "think" a strategy for how to go about accomplishing objectives. As a scuba diver, you may "feel" great at 120 feet. But if you stop and "think," rationality would tell you that narcosis may be at work.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Dolphins have many champions; ugly dumb brutes of creatures we cannot relate to have very few.

Which is why I posted about the wholesale slaughter of vermin for purposes of growing food. Weevils and beetles just don't have much political clout.

You should go to school. You don´t know how to write your own language :ph34r: You don´t know where is Portugal? Portugal is an independent country since 1143. By the way, who was in charge of your country then?...:ph34r:. And Portugal is located in Europe. You know where and what is Europe, right? Am asking these because lots of you don´t know squat about world geography...

It´s always better ask before assuming something bad about other people's motivations (it´s called prejudice)... humans also, who are much more dumber then dolphins (at least in this forum...).

Oh, well in that case, since you are so much smarter than all the rest of us, I guess we should just not bother to research or think for ourselves, and should just blindly do whatever you tell us to do.

Because after all, any country that's been around since 1143 obviously knows more about dolphins than some little pipsqueak nation like the United States.

Thank you for setting all of us dumb-ass Americans straight.

By the way, do you think that your condescending and superior tone towards others helps win converts to your cause?

Portugal is a country? It's not just a territory of Spain? You know... like Guam is to the United States?

Holy Crab. That much for education in the US ....
Don't you have anything like a terrestrial globe or so in your schools? Or do yours end at US boarders?

Man. What a shame. :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Portugal is a country? It's not just a territory of Spain? You know... like Guam is to the United States?

Don't you have anything like a terrestrial globe or so in your schools? Or do yours end at US boarders?

Do you understand sarcasm?

This ad space for sale.

Man. What a shame.

We learn a lot f things about Portugal.

I know that the country used to be called "Portuguy" but changed its name in 1976 after a military coup caused equal rights for women.

I also learned that "Lesbians" were so named because they came from Lesban, the capitol of Portugal, and "Lesbians" are what the women from Lesban are called. Candide (by Voltaire) reflects a great earthquake that happened there, interspersed with tales of syphilis.

I also know that Lesban's main airport is called Farto Airport - so named from the smell of the sulphur springs that run by it lending the persistent smell of flatulence in the area.

I once did a paper about the origins of the city of Porto - it was so named when the Spanish occupied the area to set up a strategic strongpoint on the coast in about 850 A.D. "Porto" means "to carry." The city was originally called "Porto los Asnos Estupido," which translates into "I Carry the Sorry Asses" after the Leonese found them to be worthless as slaves, though great warriors when given wine, hence the start of the wine industry from up the river from Porto.

All of this was stuff I learned in school - there was even an Iberian Studies major at my college, but I was only interested in it because this gal Karine was super hot!

edited to add: I almost forgot! The Portuguese Man O' War is one bad ass jellyfish.

Do you understand sarcasm?

Ha!

Yes, the guys from Portugal and Germany don't seem to "get it" on the sarcasm here.

And isn't it funny how they, with their superior attitudes, take a single instance of someone pretending to be dumb, and they use that to condemn the entire nation. And while doing that, they're calling us dumb...

What a shame, indeed.

P.S.
Lawrocket: you are a freaking riot!

P.P.S.
Portugal is about the size of the state of Tennessee.