moodyskydiver

FINALLY!

My TX Concealed Handgun License FINALLY arrived today! I took the friggin' CHL course back in Aug and had all my stuff mailed in by the first of Sept.Two months go by and they tell me my app has been sent up for Medical Review Board b/c I'm Bipolar and take meds.Then tons of paperwork for me and my doc is finally sent back and my license was approved and mailed Dec 20.It just now got here today!:S Thank god my doc is super cool and was all for me having the CHL.He spent alot of time and paperwork advocating this for me.:)
But,atleast its here and I can stop obsessively checking the PO box.*happy dance*B|

(then again,maybe it wasnt such a good idea to give me license to carry a gun when I just quit smoking Wednesday and am irritable):ph34r:

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Doug,

He's bipolar - of course there are threats! (mainly the CIA and Major League Baseball)

Now, before someone jumps all over me, that was a friggin joke!

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Can I ask how you think you would react, if, on carrying your concealed handgun, I suddenly appeared in your face, pointing a pistol into it, and demanded all your money?

Wouldn't do you much good would it? ;)

Or would you shoot me when I legged it? [:/]

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Can I ask how you think you would react, if, on carrying your concealed handgun, I suddenly appeared in your face, pointing a pistol into it, and demanded all your money?

You would demand the gun too, if you had any sense.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Since I carry no cash, I'd hand my wallet right over.

Maybe. If you let your gaurd down for a split second.

Probably. Directly in the spine if possible.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Fair enough - still, I'm wondering....

If, upon having robbed someone at gunpoint, I'm then shot in the back by the victim, where exactly does the victim stand in the eyes of the law; in states where individuals can legally carry handguns?

Is the victim in the shit legally, so to speak?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Maybe. If you let your gaurd down for a split second.

My cartoon bubble is Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam each pulling out a larger and larger gun - back and forth....:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Doug,

He's bipolar - of course there are threats! (mainly the CIA and Major League Baseball)

Now, before someone jumps all over me, that was a friggin joke!

And I thought it was quite funny !:D:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I asked someone else mate.:|

If you don't want others to answer, try a PM, mate.:|

Are you two mating?

:D:D:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

:D My cartoon bubble is pretty similiar.

my exception is this - if the thief doesn't steal the wallet in the first place, then it doesn't matter if the victim has a gun in his pocket or not. The thief got himself shot, the victim was the victim, and maybe stopping that thief as he ran away kept several other potential victims from being killed for just being in public.

I still like the cartoon bubble though

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Can I ask how you think you would react, if, on carrying your concealed handgun, I suddenly appeared in your face, pointing a pistol into it, and demanded all your money? Wouldn't do you much good would it?

Gosh, since you can name one scenario where someone might get the drop on the person with a gun, then I guess that invalidates concealed handgun carry all over the country! If fact, it pretty much disproves the need for police officers to carry guns too. In fact, all 42 states which have passed concealed carry gun laws must be bonkers! Brilliant!

Is there a particular threat that makes you feel safer with a concealed handgun?

Why does there have to be a particular threat? Isn't just the general threat of common crime and violence good enough?

Do you only wear a reserve parachute on days when you have a particular premonition of something bad happening, or do you wear it all the time just for general safety?

I'm surprised you think that John, it certainly doesn't invalidate the topic discussed.

Still, can you give me some reasons to carry a concealed handgun then?

Can I ask how you think you would react, if, on carrying your concealed handgun, I suddenly appeared in your face, pointing a pistol into it, and demanded all your money? Wouldn't do you much good would it?

Gosh, since you can name one scenario where someone might get the drop on the person with a gun, then I guess that invalidates concealed handgun carry all over the country! If fact, it pretty much disproves the need for police officers to carry guns too. In fact, all 42 states which have passed concealed carry gun laws must be bonkers! Brilliant!

It made me so mad I just pulled my gun and shot my computer.

It took me this long to just find another computer to respond.

Since a lot of people seem to be under the mistaken impression that carrying a gun is the act of a fearful person, I'd like to explain the difference between being a prepared person and a fearful person.

The difference between the prepared person and the fearful person.

The prepared person owns a gun or a gas mask or a million other things he probably won't need but might.

The fearful person calls for the evacuation of a building, airport, or freeway because he sees a white powder or an unattended parcel.

Society sometimes confuses these two people, praising the fearful person for being alert and not taking any chances, while chastising the prepared person for being a paranoid fool. Ignored is the fact that the actions of the fearful person harm everybody, while the actions of the prepared person harm nobody (unless, of course, he crosses the line and begins behaving like a fearful person).
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Bollox!!!

How can you say the actions of the fearful person harm everybody!

From your description, upon seeing the mysterious white powder, the prepared person dons his respirator.....then what? Checks he/she has a round in the chamber? Then watches everybody who didn't happen to be carrying a respirator to work :S die?

Paranoid? YES!!!

I'll take my chances!!!!

It's the fucking 'prepared' person in your context who is actually fearful!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Anyway, have a great weekend.

>The prepared person owns a gun or a gas mask or a million other things he probably won't need but might.
>The fearful person calls for the evacuation of a building, airport, or freeway because he sees a white powder or an unattended parcel.

The wise person plans his life so he needs neither gun nor gas mask. That would include leaving the building if he thinks there's a bomb (or a terrorist) in it. He might also carry a gun - but even a gun owner would be well advised to walk away from a bomb (or a fight.)

There are all sorts of people. Some people use guns as a substitute for common sense. Some people use guns as a backup for common sense. Some people have neither. Some people have only common sense, and it serves them well.

>Society sometimes confuses these two people . . .

That's because some fearful people carry guns, and some courageous people do not. The two are neither synonyms nor antonyms.