grue

It seems Saddam has been executed.

I wanna see the video!

I wanna put music to the video. Got a favorite song for it?

How about:
You Keep Me Hangin' on
Runnin' with the Devil
Hang on Sloopy

I think the perfect song is courtesy of the late John Entwistle of The Who. From his "Rigor Mortis Sets In" album, a song called "Do The Dangle"......here's the last verse:

(J. entwistle)
Track music, inc

Well there's a brand new dance with a brand new angle
It's the very last waltz and it's called the dangle
You tie a rope round your neck and stand on a chair
And you kick it away and your dancing on air
Do the dangle baby
Do the dangle baby
Do the dangle baby
Everybody get up and stand
To the dangle baby
To the dangle baby
To the dangle baby
Everybody get up and scream c'mon

You know, I watched the video on CNN of the noose being placed around Saddam's neck and I felt some compassion for him. It's a hard thing to watch someone in their last moments of life. But, I also thought it fitting that he experience what he put so many people through. Karma.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

From all accounts, it seems that Saddam Hussein died upright and as a man. (No arguing that he deserved what he had coming.)

See also, NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/31/world/middleeast/31gallows.html?hp&ex=1167541200&en=5db66dae7cb12d0e&ei=5094&partner=homepage

There is at least one other President, that, should he ever be tried, will be found guilty of crimes against humanity. Anybody venture whether he would face the gallows like a man?

With over $20 billion coming into your economy thru exports to the U.S, have you stopped to think about what would happen to Finland's economy if you get your wish?

You do realise your unemployment rate is already one of the highest in Europe at 9.5% don't you? Have you thought about how losing 1/3 of your export business would affect it?

Careful what you wish for.

-

Not everything worthwhile in this world can be measured in American dollars. For example, what's the worth of a three-month old baby that has been killed in a US-driven air-raid or roadblock?

As far as substitute markets go: there always are the BRIC countries (see Goldman-Sachs Economic Paper 99, http://www2.goldmansachs.com/insight/research/reports/99.pdf)

With over $20 billion coming into your economy thru exports to the U.S, have you stopped to think about what would happen to Finland's economy if you get your wish?

You do realise your unemployment rate is already one of the highest in Europe at 9.5% don't you? Have you thought about how losing 1/3 of your export business would affect it?

Careful what you wish for.

-

Not everything worthwhile in this world can be measured in American dollars. For example, what's the worth of a three-month old baby that has been killed in a US-driven air-raid or roadblock?

As far as substitute markets go: there always are the BRIC countries (see Goldman-Sachs Economic Paper 99, http://www2.goldmansachs.com/insight/research/reports/99.pdf)

Lots of could's and maybe's on that first page. If your country finds trade with the US so reprehensible, why not take a moral stand and stop now?

-

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view." Mao Tse-Tung

P.S.: You still have not answered the initial question: do you believe that your President would die like a man? He cert. has no qualms of sending another 20,000 men to die.

Lots of could's and maybe's on that first page. If your country finds trade with the US so reprehensible, why not take a moral stand and stop now?

-

I wanna see the video!

I wanna put music to the video. Got a favorite song for it?

How about:
You Keep Me Hangin' on
Runnin' with the Devil
Hang on Sloopy

You're so fucking sick! :D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You still have not answered the initial question: do you believe that your President would die like a man?

Probably the answer is yes.

I'm not a fan of Bush (read my posts in this forum) but yeah, I think that if it was clear you were going to be executed, most of us could pull it off without visible fear or fuss. Dying is not actually that difficult, and acting brave after you've resigned yourself to the idea that it is definitely going to happen probably doesn't take an extraordinary amount of ability that the average man wouldn't have.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I was hoping he and/or his lawyers would publicly out the governments, companies, and people who made it possible for him to brutalize so many people and financially rape his country.

"publicly out the governments, companies, and people"

I hate to rain on your parade, but the governments you are refering to would be the US, the companies would be US companies, and the people would be Americans.

And I think youre right, they should publicly out the governments, companies, and people who made it possible for him to brutalize so many people and financially rape his country. Start with the Bush Administration and work your way down.

"P.S.: You still have not answered the initial question: do you believe that your President would die like a man? He cert. has no qualms of sending another 20,000 men to die.

Ha ha ha, LOL!!!!:D:D:D

Bush die like a man? He still hasnt figured out how to live like one much less die like one.

One other thing....he's not my president. He is a criminal who stole the office of the presidency by stuffing ballot boxes and manipulating elections. Most of his Repulican cohorts/ supporters in Congress have been ousted and replaced with Democrats. He will be gone soon, but not anywhere near soon enough. I look forward to seeing that coward behind bars one day.

you mean old people that have no quality of life and therefore can choose to end it in a way that they don't have to suffer.... yes, good isn't it! That people can choose what do do with their own life... It's not like the choice has been made for them...
fear is the mindkill

very long memory actually. I know exactly why you chose to come out and fight during WWII, because you needed money! Because your economy runs on war. As you do everything for money, not because of some greater good. You could have come a little earlier, like right when you guys found out about concentration camps, that was way, way before you thought of helping. You knew, and you didn't care untill it affected your country.
fear is the mindkill

Bush die like a man? He still hasnt figured out how to live like one much less die like one.

One other thing....he's not my president. He is a criminal who stole the office of the presidency by stuffing ballot boxes and manipulating elections. Most of his Repulican cohorts/ supporters in Congress have been ousted and replaced with Democrats. He will be gone soon, but not anywhere near soon enough. I look forward to seeing that coward behind bars one day.

I guess he was just a little bit smarter than Al Gore's side. He pulled it off. Twice.:S

BTW, If Sadman Insane were running this country you'd probably only get to make one disparaging remark about him on a forum like this.