kallend

TSA strikes again

Flatulence brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines flight to an unscheduled visit to Nashville early Monday morning

American Flight 1053, from Washington Reagan National Airport and bound for Dallas/Fort Worth, made an emergency landing here after passengers reported smelling struck matches, said Lynne Lowrance, a spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority.

The plane landed safely. The FBI, Transportation Safety Administration and airport authority responded to the emergency, Lowrance said.

The passengers and five crew members were brought off the plane, together with all the luggage, to go through security checks again. Bomb-sniffing dogs found spent matches.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal body odor, Lowrance said. The woman lives near Dallas and has a medical condition.

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane.

"American has banned her for a long time," Lowrance said.

She was not charged but could have been. While it is legal to bring as many as four books of paper safety matches onto an aircraft, it is illegal to strike a match in an airplane, Lowrance said.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How is this TSA "striking again"? Seems like the proper protocols were followed. This time, someone actually struck a match. Too bad no one was there to stop her in the act.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

How is this TSA "striking again"? Seems like the proper protocols were followed. This time, someone actually struck a match. Too bad no one was there to stop her in the act.

:) I'm guessing she was trying to sneak some kind of a smoke, cig, crack whatever.

We give the babes we know with a odor problem the little xmas trees from a car rearview mirror to wear aound their necks to cover BO.. And then use the paper sack the oder eaters came in to wear over their heads.B|

Cheap date:):S:ph34r:.

R.I.P.

My guess? (and I am pulling this from you thread titlle)

Another knee jerk reaction to an incompltet part of a story:S

This may be all of the story (wanna bet?) but to follow your world view and in an attempt to make a (lame) point, you post this with a misleading header.

Gotta love it:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I bet she was trying to fill the compartment with gas and then light it to cause an explosion (a new version of a dirty bomb). Terrorist, definitely a terrorist.

That would make it a type of Fuel Air Explosive,I think.
Unless solids are accidentally released,that would be dirty.:S

Cus there would be no one but the pilot left on-baord by the time the plane cleared the end of the runway

I thought a clarification was in order here.

BTW - Pilots fart all the time, they just don't admit it because they can't gripe and self-righteously make exasperated faces at themselves.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants