rickjump1

The Islamic Rape of Europe

We used to be a melting pot. Immigrants came here to become Americans and to speak the language and to actively become part of American society. What we have turned into is a big holding pen for different cultures which have no plans to assimilate.

Yes, those pesky newcomers like the Amish and Hasidic Jews, who just refuse to assimilate.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why there were Irish, Italian and Polish ghettos in US big cities a century ago? Did you ever ask what languages were spoken in them?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We used to be a melting pot. Immigrants came here to become Americans and to speak the language and to actively become part of American society. What we have turned into is a big holding pen for different cultures which have no plans to assimilate.

We are still a melting pot. You're just old enough now to see evidence that it is an ongoing, dynamic process. Melting pot implies adding to the culture, enabling that culture to gradually change and become more diverse. It is the American way.

If platinum is melted into a pot of molten gold, only the fool expects the result to be pure gold (or pure platinum).
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

We are still a melting pot. You're just old enough now to see evidence that it is an ongoing, dynamic process. Melting pot implies adding to the culture, enabling that culture to gradually change and become more diverse. It is the American way.

If platinum is melted into a pot of molten gold, only the fool expects the result to be pure gold (or pure platinum).

Just guessing, I'm older than you, and this is not the melting pot we once had. Look in any history book unless you're on some 1000 year plan. We certainly are off course now. Hopefully it will be corrected to put us back on course because the majority of Americans have indicated they don't like it. Do you think our men and women in uniform sacriface their lives for an open border or unrestricted immigration. I don't think so. Is it pure gold? I don't it ever was.

"Anyone who says Islam is violent should be beheaded."
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Just guessing, I'm older than you, and this is not the melting pot we once had. Look in any history book unless you're on some 1000 year plan. We certainly are off course now. Hopefully it will be corrected to put us back on course because the majority of Americans have indicated they don't like it. Do you think our men and women in uniform sacriface their lives for an open border or unrestricted immigration. I don't think so. Is it pure gold? I don't it ever was.

I wasn't commenting about your age. My point is that we hear about the melting pot when we are kids, before most of us are old enough to see just what implications such an analogy implies.

This is exactly the same melting pot now as before, in the sense that it is an ever changing dynamic process. The America of yesteryear is never going to return. That is a good thing. It isn't that yesteryear was necessarily bad, it's that we are a nation of change. We are not a static culture, we never have been, and likely we never will be.

That is the best thing about America. I very much hope that is what our servicemen put their lives on the line for. Additional cultures increase our nation's depth and strength.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Yes, those pesky newcomers like the Amish and Hasidic Jews, who just refuse to assimilate.

Anyone who says Islam is violent should be beheaded.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why there were Irish, Italian and Polish ghettos in US big cities a century ago? Did you ever ask what languages were spoken in them?

I never did ask, but I would guess they spoke their native languages. These ghettos were part of the transition of becoming Americans. For the most part, they were in a rush to become Americans. They soon realized English was the key to economic prosperity and they moved on to assimilation. The small pesky refusals you speak of have learned English and have assimilated to a degree. I don't believe any of the pesky refusals have been an economic burden.

I never did ask, but I would guess they spoke their native languages. These ghettos were part of the transition of becoming Americans. For the most part, they were in a rush to become Americans. They soon realized English was the key to economic prosperity and they moved on to assimilation. The small pesky refusals you speak of have learned English and have assimilated to a degree. I don't believe any of the pesky refusals have been an economic burden.

I'd be interested in seeing figures, but I'd bet immigrants today integrate much faster than they used to 100 years ago. There are much more means to do so.
As for Europe being "raped" by Islam: I've heard similar things since I was a kid. It used to be mixed with the "watch out the Soviets are coming to rape Europe", a hint of "watch out Americans are culturally raping us". I can't speak for all countries, but in France, there are not that many practicing muslims. Usually, the ones making the news are descendents of muslims, yet have probably never set a foot in a mosque. Nothing to do with the religion.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Many Germans and Dutch, apparently, did not wait for Broder?s advice. The number of emigrants leaving the Netherlands and Germany has already surpassed the number of immigrants moving in.

Really? Then how comes Germany's and the Netherlands' net migration rates for 2006 are +2.18 and +2.72 respectively (hint, if more people are leaving than are moving in the net migration rate should be negative)?
Source: CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html
Makes you wonder what other parts of that article are just pure propaganda bullshit.
Cheers,

Vale

I'd be interested in seeing figures, but I'd bet immigrants today integrate much faster than they used to 100 years ago. There are much more means to do so.
As for Europe being "raped" by Islam: I've heard similar things since I was a kid. It used to be mixed with the "watch out the Soviets are coming to rape Europe", a hint of "watch out Americans are culturally raping us". I can't speak for all countries, but in France, there are not that many practicing muslims. Usually, the ones making the news are descendents of muslims, yet have probably never set a foot in a mosque. Nothing to do with the religion.

100 years ago immigrants, for the most part, came here LEGALLY. They knew they had to assimilate quick or they would face poverty. It was a money thing. There was no free health care, no bilingual education, no such thing as falsifying documents to get welfare or social security. and they paid taxes. As for Muslims making the news in France, you don't have a practicing Muslim (or Christian) to be a thug. However, to profess a glorious victory over the Great Satan after burning cars and buildings, is a very popular sham in a lot of places these days.

As for Muslims making the news in France, you don't have a practicing Muslim (or Christian) to be a thug. However, to profess a glorious victory over the Great Satan after burning cars and buildings, is a very popular sham in a lot of places these days.

There are no correlation between suburban violence and religion in France.
I am much more worried, these days, about 150 non-muslims soccer fans chasing and cornering an Israeli soccer fan after a game while shouting racist and anti-semitic slants, and a cop having to fire at the crowd to save himself and the fan.
Mob mentality is not the privilege of a specific group...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Last Updated: Wednesday, 5 January, 2005, 17:42 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Mohammed enters top boys' names

Jack has been the most popular name for the last 10 years
Mohammed has become one of the most popular names for baby boys in England and Wales.
It entered the top 20 most commonly chosen names for 2004 baby boys for the first time ever, according to the Office for National Statistics.

But there was little change at the top with Jack and Emily retaining their status as the most popular name for newborn boys and girls.

Charlie was a big climber in the boys' chart as was Evie for the girls. ........................................
I cannot substantiate the author's claim for it being the fifth most popular. you are correct. I'm wrong. I did find this from the BBC news online.

I get the feeling that you don’t have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. I’m not quite sure here, but if you connect the riots in France last year with religious hate you obviously have not done your homework. Think more Los Angeles 1992.

I agree with Frenchy's post that the riots in France were not religiously inspired.

I get the feeling that you don’t have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. I’m not quite sure here, but if you connect the riots in France last year with religious hate you obviously have not done your homework. Think more Los Angeles 1992.

I agree with Frenchy's post that the riots in France were not religiously inspired.

That doesn't stop the Mullahs from claiming it was, or for the media to say so...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Last Updated: Wednesday, 5 January, 2005, 17:42 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Mohammed enters top boys' names

Jack has been the most popular name for the last 10 years
Mohammed has become one of the most popular names for baby boys in England and Wales.
It entered the top 20 most commonly chosen names for 2004 baby boys for the first time ever, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Mohammed dropped 3 places in 2005, it's now #23 in the UK.

Something however tells me the names "Jesus", "Incarnacion", Concepcion" and "Maria" have been on the rise in the US in the past few decades. The Catholic Rape of the US is well under way...

Something however tells me the names "Jesus", "Incarnacion", Concepcion" and "Maria" have been on the rise in the US in the past few decades. The Catholic Rape of the US is well under way...

See for yourself:

www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

You can see the top 100 for any year.

http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=748[url] This is pretty convincing and it supports an additional quote from "America Alone" by Mark Steyn. "Anjem Choudary, a thirty-nine year-old British Muslim leader, hailed September 11 as 'magnificent' and its perpetrators 'heroes'; he mocked the victims of the London Tube bombings, calls on Muslims to refuse to cooperate with the British police, and advocates sharia for the United Kingdon. He and his wife are welfare recipients, but nevertheless he's able to rack up impressive frequent flyer mileage jetting off to liase with like-minded Muslims in other countries. On the BBC, he was asked why he didn't move to a state that already has sharia. 'Who says you own Britian anyway?' he replied. 'Britian belongs to Allah. The whole world belongs to Allah.' Warming to his theme, he added, 'If I go to the jungle, I'm going to propagate a superior way of life. Islam is a superior way of life." This is not one nutcase.

>and this is not the melting pot we once had.

I think it would be more accurate to say that it was never the melting pot that we fantasize it was. "Irish need not apply." Everyone knows those Irish are lazy drunks who contribute nothing to society! And those French in Louisiana - why, they actually speak a different language in many places down there! Why won't they just eat hamburgers instead of forcing cajun food down people's throats? Why don't they melt instead of obstinately sticking to their different and scary customs, foods, language and music?

The reality is, of course, that Louisiana is now considered as american as Chicago. Not because the french settlers there abandoned their roots and started eating hamburgers and watching football, but because over time the hybrid of those two cultures creates a completely new culture - and we're better off because of it. The same thing will happen with the immigrants we are seeing today.

>Do you think our men and women in uniform sacriface their lives
>for an open border or unrestricted immigration.

My father served during the Vietnam War partly BECAUSE there was unrestricted immigration (that's how his parents got in.) His parents were greeted by an old poem when they emigrated to the US:

-------------
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
--------------

For most people, that rings as true today as it ever did.

Then there's the Seinfeld version:

One thing I love about living in New York is it's every different type of person piled one on top of the other. I am for open immigration, but that sign we have in the front of the Statue of Liberty, "Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." Can't we just say, "Hey, the door's open. We'll take whoever you got." Do we have to specify "The wretched refuse?" Why not just say, "Give us the unhappy, the sad, the slow, the ugly, the people that can't drive, people that have trouble merging, if they can't stay in their lane, if they don't signal, they can't parallel park, if they're sneezing, if they're stuffed up, if they have bad penmanship, if they don't return calls, if they have dandruff, food between their teeth, if they have bad credit, if they have no credit, missed a spot shaving..........In other words, any dysfunctional, defective slob that you can somehow cattle prod onto a wagon, send them over. We want them."

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Bill, I bet your parents came here LEGALLY and wanted you to assimilate and get ahead. Looks like you did..............As far as Louisiana, I have several friends who grew up speaking French and still do. Several said they were not allowed to speak French in school and some parents made them speak English at home. It was an economic thing. Now they are in a rush to preserve their culture. I think my wife's Junior League of Lafayette, Inc cookbook says a lot of their origins, "Few locales have such a blend of heritage, from the Indian encampments, the first Spanish explorers, the French whose influence still dominates today, to the German, Scots, Irish, English, and West Indian flavor."

>and this is not the melting pot we once had.

I think it would be more accurate to say that it was never the melting pot that we fantasize it was. "Irish need not apply." Everyone knows those Irish are lazy drunks who contribute nothing to society! And those French in Louisiana - why, they actually speak a different language in many places down there! Why won't they just eat hamburgers instead of forcing cajun food down people's throats? Why don't they melt instead of obstinately sticking to their different and scary customs, foods, language and music?

This comes across as a bit of cherry picking. For most of our history, immigrants made a serious effort to learn English and adapt to American culture. Almost all children of immigrants were fully assimilated. In those communities that native heritage was apparent, people still spoke english. Today, there are numerous exceptions. The number of exceptions is growing.

The overwhelming majority of immigrants that came into this country each year, came in through legal means.

I guess one way to study this matter is to look percentage of english-as-a-second-language Americans for each year, over the last 50 years.

I'm guessing that figure has climbed dramatically over the last 15 years.

I guess one way to study this matter is to look percentage of english-as-a-second-language Americans for each year, over the last 50 years.

I'm guessing :o that figure has climbed dramatically over the last 15 years.

Hang on there, pardner. You're at risk of getting a "D" on the assignment. Who cares if you're at work now? This is more important. Do the research. Then report.
Don't keep us waiting.