mrGuy

Should I take my ball and go home?

It seems that I'm not wanted on Bonfire after suggesting that the whole DB Cooper Worship thing is stupid, and that a certain post inquiring about his identity is non-legit.

I know there is no point in arguing about it, because it's sacrilege to make a joke about a long dead hijacker thief. But I simply don't buy this thing about a woman looking for the identity of DB Cooper because her dead husband told her it was him all along.

So, I'll go away if the poll goes against me...its in your hands.

Bonfire definately has an "in" crowd. Although that crowd has changed again and again over the years. You need to be a chick or liked by one of the chicks in the group, a low time jumper and go to a couple of the "in" boogies to get seen by others. Do that and your posts will be treated like gold.

Edit:

Or be like me. Be you, enjoy yourself, go skydive as often as you can and not worry about the "in" crowd. If you're around for a while you'll see that they come and go like puppies in the pound.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Mr. Guy, your post was rude, and rather obnoxious, and as I said there, out of line. I think you need to show some respect towards people you don't know, instead of assuming they live in a trailer, need to fix their roof, and set up their "manger scene."

What is at issue isn't are you wanted there, it's more along the lines of totally disrespecting someone and being utterly out of line. If you'd post your objections to the issues politely (takes just as much time, frankly), along the lines of what JT said, then more than likely you wouldn't have taken it quite so hard. And how hard would it be to remember what your Mama taught you - if you can't say something good, then don't say anything at all? Mama wasn't always wrong, you know...some things just might not need your imput, as hard as that might seem to believe.

And BTW, Dave, I know what you're talking about, and I agree to an extent. However, Mr Guy is not representing quite what happened...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Just for reference....here's Mr. Guy's original post:

A photo of the bear that licked his remains clean in the woods might be of some help.

Seriously, this is just stupid. The guy who jumped in that storm, died in the woods, and parts of his stolen loot was recovered many years later in the mud.

If in fact you're serious...(stranger things have happened)...the guy you were married to just liked to tell stories. Some folks just aren't satisfied with an occasional appearence on "COPS", and need more exposure to enjoy life. So my advice is to concentrate on getting that roof fixed on the mobile home, setting up your blinking, multi-colored manger scene for christmas, and toasting his memory by drinking another fifth of Jack.

And then his response to those who criticized him...

HOLY CRAP.

Are you guys for real?? Unbelievable.

I'm gonna contact those people in Nigeria....they'll be happy to know that the Gullible Pool has been filled to overflowing.

Dragging MY NAME through the mud?

WHERE ARE THE MODS?? It's ok to attack a REAL PERSON like me, but NOT ok to JOKE about an anonomous poster?? I see your true colors.

I haven't once been pissed about any stupid ass thing I've read on here...but this is too much. You guys make the most disgusting comments/remarks/comentary ever typed online...and you have the nerve to question my character. Too fuckin rich. Bunch of babies. Come around Jumptown sometime and introduce yourself. I'll be the one who excuses himself in search of better company.

Just so the record is clear...

And I couldn't vote in your poll; too many opinions there. I don't think you need to "go home" but you might want to reconsider your posting style if you care about what others think and not being seen as a raging asshole.

And if you don't care what others think, then don't go around making new posts and polls about how unfair things are. That is a whole lot like whining....

Ciels-
Michele

And BTW, Dave, I know what you're talking about, and I agree to an extent. However, Mr Guy is not representing quite what happened...

Yup, I have no clue about what previously happened, just some general commentary. You've been around long enough to know exactly what I'm talking about.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You've been around long enough to know exactly what I'm talking about.

And been the "victim" of, too. But this isn't the same thing...not at all. It's not about cliques, or clubs, or who's popular this week. It's about simple respect and politeness...and that is what I was addressing and why I posted his original posts. 'Cause there is a difference...and imho his post here is nothing more than more of the same, and whining, too boot. And you know how I like that!;)

Ciels-
Michele

Or be like me. Be you, enjoy yourself, go skydive as often as you can and not worry about the "in" crowd. If you're around for a while you'll see that they come and go like puppies in the pound.

Or be like me, have a screw them attitude, and do what you want, IT'S ONLY the internet

BTW I voted you should go..just for putting up this lame poll:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

But I simply don't buy this thing about a woman looking for the identity of DB Cooper because her dead husband told her it was him all along.

Actually, she has more documentation than a lot of people. Duane Weber was investigated by the FBI.
The FBI has to have enough material to make a case.
Who knows?

There is a still a few people in the Flat Earth society because they just aren't convinced. For some, they don't take the time to review the proof.

I was in Orange this summer. Fine group of people.

I guess I'm losing here. Oh well. :|[:/]

You people sure are selective about what you find offensive and what is just good filthy fun. Amazing how you interact in cyberspace as if you treat jump numbers like they are IQ points.

Frankly, I'm offended that you're offended.
I kind of liked some of you too. Too bad, So sad.

I hope you have better Thanksgiving plans than to brood over this.

If you're not posting mostly in jest, you need to lighten up A LOT.

Whether the bonfire crowd is cliquish or not, they're like any other mob. Attack them in mass and they will ALL kick your ass all over the place in response.

There is a time to joke, and a time not to joke. And honestly? It didn't come across as a joke at all.

If it was a joke, you'd be best served by going over to the original thread and apologizing for a joke in poor taste than by posting over here about being "isolated and not wanted."

Ciels-
Michele

It would be one thing if the person you were posting to was an active poster and skydiver.
Instead of an older lady who has come to find out the person she was married to was not who he presented him self to be in this womans life.
Try to put yourself in her shoes, live with someone for years and as they are just about to die they tell oh BTW, I'm not really who you thought I was.

Can you really blame this person for wanting to find the truth, do you really think she cares if he was or wasn't D.B., she just wants to know the truth instead of lies, maybe she would like have some peace of mind before she moves on in life or dies.

Again, how would you feel if your mom or grandmother came here looking for answers about you someday, would you want posters to come off to them as rude, even if it was only in jest, or would you want them to get real answers to their questions.

As for your poll, I'm not voting, I don't think you need to leave. Rather pick your smartass answers/post more careful, this don't mean never be a smartass in jest, hell I do it all the time, and guess what, it rub's some people the wrong way and they get pissed off and think I just being a dickhead or to harsh, kind of like my reply to you in the bonfire.

While you may think DB Cooper died that nite or the next day, and those who don't think the same as you are stupid and DB was just a "stupid dead hijacker" that's fine.
But maybe you need study up on your parachute history just little, there were only a few people alive at the time who could have pulled this off, he knew what the fuck he was doing, he knew his parachuting gear in great detail, he asked for 3 rigs, not just any old 3 rigs, but 3 very perticular types of rigs and canopies, this was no adverage joe dumbass off the street.
I have been involved in this sport my whole life almost 40 years now, some of the real old timers seem to think they have an idea as to who did it, you think the skydiving world is small in todays sport, try "small world" at the time DB did his jacking.
Everyone knew everyone back then.
The fact they found some bills in the 80's (I think)
don't mean he died that nite. I personally think it is quite possible he got way with it, there has never been a body or body parts found or parachutes or parachute gear found.
That don't mean to say at some point in the future someone won't find some old ass rotten rig and body parts in the woods one day, but till they do, I can't rule out that he got away.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Ok! I can see that I have struck a major nerve here. I'm sorry to have made coments about the hi-jacker and his chances of survival.

I'm sorry to have caused a stink by making fun of the original post/poster.

I hope DB Cooper was her husband, and that the world once and for all knows the truth.

I'm sorry to have made fun of fixing roofs of mobile homes.

I'm sorry to have made fun of blinking, manger christmas lawn ornaments.

I'm sorry for failing to show sensitivity towards fellow posters' coments regarding me.

I'm sorry to all the others that inadvertantly read this thinking it would be worth it.

I'm sorry for turning my computer on when I got home from work today.

The man known as DB Cooper may have survived his jump from the jet and the ensuing flight out of the woods to freedom.

Ok? :)
BTW: I wasn't really gonna leave anyway. I just wanted to see if people would actually vote.

Or be like me, have a screw them attitude, and do what you want, IT'S ONLY the internet

BTW I voted you should go..just for putting up this lame poll:D:D:D

LOL. I love ya Squeak. Wanna get married? NOT
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Ok! I can see that I have struck a major nerve here. I'm sorry to have made coments about the hi-jacker and his chances of survival.

I'm sorry to have caused a stink by making fun of the original post/poster.

I hope DB Cooper was her husband, and that the world once and for all knows the truth.

I'm sorry to have made fun of fixing roofs of mobile homes.

I'm sorry to have made fun of blinking, manger christmas lawn ornaments.

I'm sorry for failing to show sensitivity towards fellow posters' coments regarding me.

I'm sorry to all the others that inadvertantly read this thinking it would be worth it.

I'm sorry for turning my computer on when I got home from work today.

The man known as DB Cooper may have survived his jump from the jet and the ensuing flight out of the woods to freedom.

Ok? :)
BTW: I wasn't really gonna leave anyway. I just wanted to see if people would actually vote.

Puss. This SC. Don't apologise. Altho I did yesterday.[:/] Some people don't have a sense of humour here[:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

LOL. I love ya Squeak. Wanna get married? NOT

Sorry Kev, I'm not into same sex relationships. But try Keith he may lower his standards for you
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?