Skyrad

Jesus is coming... Well, is he?

could share my testimony...but the Bible specifically mentions not sharing something "sacred" with people who will just try and rip it apart.

Please quote the chapter and verse about not sharing.

Besides I asked for PROOF, not your personal story. And if you are going to make claims it is IMO bad form to claim you KNOW something and not discuss it when asked.

I would quote the verse, but I don't want to offend anybody.

Besides, sorry I can't provide proof like you want it. Just saying I've got a testimony, just like pretty much any Christian.

edited to add: God requires faith. I am at peace with what I believe. Are you at peace?

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Besides, sorry I can't provide proof

There is a good, rational reason for that-and it has nothing to do with faith.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Hey, you didn't answer my question.

You didn't specify what "other" beliefs were. I thought you were referring to my christian friends.

You think belief in Buddhism is stupid?

No more stupid than christianity. I have a measure of respect for both. But I don't think either has a firm grasp on the truth.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

Oh okay, thanks for your reply.

And by the way, I know you haven't agreed on my ability to discuss things, but I want you to know that you've challenged me a lot. I'm going to read the entire Bible this year and really study the scriptures.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I would quote the verse, but I don't want to offend anybody.

Quote it...Not gonna offend anyone more than making a claim and not showing anything to support it.

Besides, sorry I can't provide proof like you want it. Just saying I've got a testimony, just like pretty much any Christian.

Then maybe you should not ask for proof he does not exist? Maybe others have testimony that he does not exist...What makes you trump them in anything but your personal opinion?

edited to add: God requires faith. I am at peace with what I believe. Are you at peace?

Sure, you don't know my religous beliefs one little bit...But you are making claims, then asking for proof. And yet you cannot provide that proof yourself...See the issue?

Recent reading of the BASE forum has made me aware of the Invisible Pink Unicorns

OMG I never knew. Until now. The Invisible Pink Unicorn. It all makes sense. Therefore it must be true.

Thank you Cloe (Cloe is the IPU Prophet right?)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

There is a good, rational reason for that-and it has nothing to do with faith.

Why do you feel the need to piss on her parade? She has faith, you don't. Do you have to feel you have to crush her?

Be careful not to jump to conclusions.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

(Cloe is the IPU Prophet right?)

Yep.:)
"I know of their existence because my cat, Cloe, is the devine prophet of the Invisible Pink Unicorns. Cloe speaks to them secretly, and reveals their astounding truths to me by whispering into my ear late at night when no-one else is around. Cloe tells me that she has chosen me to help her spread the word about the I.P.U's."

IPU trumps FSM any day. I have found the truth and it has set me free!

B|
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

If God exists and created everything... who created God?

Yeah, and then they will answer "he didn't need to be created, he's always been there and will always be and is omnipotent and omni-this-n-that and time has no meaning for him because he created it and blabla..."

And I would answer "I apply all this to the Universe, so that makes God obsolete"... and this is when their higher brain functions will stop working completely. (They have to, to prevent a collapse of their Egos).
Some impulse from the brain stem will make them kicking and babbling and trying to defend their ridiculous belief system which they think makes them so much more "special" than us non-believers.

It's all about "Holier Than Thou", feeling better, feeling superior, feeling "special". A basic function of the brain.

I wonder if I will ever live to see humans actually rising from their self-incurred immaturity, like Kant proclaimed 200 years ago. It'll probably take another 200-500 years, at least. :|

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

Enlighten us as to your version of "The Truth," Backed up by facts.

Since you asked....
My version of the truth: There is no god.
Backed up by the fact is that there is no objective, rational proof that a god exists.(if there was, faith would not be required)