Gravitymaster

Mideast Terror Leaders to U.S. :Vote Democrat

This is the same lame argument the Republicans lied to the American people about last time around. I wish I could say that it's funny. But it's not. There are now more terrorists in the world ever since GWB put his nose where it didn't belong. Traditionally I've always sided with Republicans (I'm a fiscal conservative). But GWB and his cast of associates is evil. When will people wake up to this nightmare of GWB's failures. The man just isn't smart enough to be prez. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

HaHaHaHa, that was great for a laugh. Actually, you know, I have never heard any Democrat call for a cut and run or to completely withdraw. The Democrats are calling for a strategy that will actually win the war instead of the Republican policy of just let them shoot the crap out of us untill the entire world is against us plan. With the way things are going the terrorist best bet is to hope that the No Strategy Republican party stay in power.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

>Because they are getting the crap kicked out of them.

Now that's funny!

Oh, sorry, I forgot. There's peace in Iraq, we won, the violence isn't escalating, there's no risk of a civil war, just move along, move along. (That is the current position of the administration, right?) I suppose if you believe that, you'd believe that Al Qaeda is in imminent danger of being eradicated.

>What about the letter from the Al Qaeda leader (can't remember
>which, but it was one of the biggies) that went on about how much
>they have been hurt, how their operations have been damaged?

Sorry. Again, I'm going to have to go with our National Intelligence Estimates over a letter from a terrorist, especially one that may have been a plant. We used to assume that terrorists were too stupid to pull off something like that - then 9/11 happened.

So how do you explain the double standard? I'm all ears.

I have no idea. How do you explain it?

They're pissed because the Republicans published their nuclear secrets for N. Korea to see.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>What about the letter from the Al Qaeda leader (can't remember
>which, but it was one of the biggies) that went on about how much
>they have been hurt, how their operations have been damaged?

Sorry. Again, I'm going to have to go with our National Intelligence Estimates over a letter from a terrorist, especially one that may have been a plant. We used to assume that terrorists were too stupid to pull off something like that - then 9/11 happened.

I think what you are actually saying is that you are going to have to go with just a small portion of the National Intelligence Estimate, and ignore the rest.

Dems have gone on and on about the failures of our intelligence community, but now prefer to believe a letter from an Al Qaeda leader is a plant instead of continuing to distrust the intelligence of our intelligence agencies. Dems talk about hypocrisy, but should try looking in the mirror.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

So how do you explain the double standard? I'm all ears.

I have no idea. How do you explain it?

Weakest cop-out ever.

You apparently don't know either. So why is it a cop-out to say you don't know something? If I knew, you can bet I'd give you an answer. I just posted a story.

More on this story.

Democrats: 'No comment'
on terrorists' endorsement
DNC, Clinton, Pelosi, Kennedy decline
to discuss jihadists' vote of confidence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Bob Unruh

Howard Dean, DNC chairman

National leaders in the Democratic Party, including Howard Dean's Democratic National Committee, potential House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, possible presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and longtime party stalwart Ted Kennedy don't want to talk with WorldNetDaily about an endorsement their party has received.

The endorsement came via a WND article by Jerusalem bureau chief Aaron Klein, who interviewed leaders of several prominent Mideast terrorist organizations, including Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades and Islamic Jihad.

"Of course Americans should vote Democrat," Jihad Jaara, a senior member of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terror group, and infamous leader of the 2002 siege of Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity, told WND.

"This is why American Muslims will support the Democrats, because there is an atmosphere in America that encourages those who want to withdraw from Iraq. It is time that the American people support those who want to take them out of this Iraqi mud," said Jaara, speaking to WND from exile in Ireland, where he was sent as part of an internationally brokered deal that ended the church siege.

Jaara and others told WND that they believe if the Democrats come into power because of the party's position on withdrawing from Iraq, that ensures victory for the worldwide Islamic resistance.

Together with the Islamic Jihad terror group, the Brigades has taken responsibility for every suicide bombing inside Israel the past two years, including an attack in Tel Aviv in April that killed American teenager Daniel Wultz and nine Israelis.

Muhammad Saadi, a senior leader of Islamic Jihad in the northern West Bank town of Jenin, said the Democrats' talk of withdrawal from Iraq makes him feel "proud."

"As Arabs and Muslims we feel proud of this talk," he told WND. "Very proud from the great successes of the Iraqi resistance. This success that brought the big superpower of the world to discuss a possible withdrawal."

But WND was unable to get a single comment from dozens of telephone calls made over two days and messages left with various leaders' offices and press secretaries.

U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Lunar New Year festivities

"I'll see what we can do," was the best response WND obtained when asking for a comment on the endorsement, and that came from Deputy Press Secretary Andrew Hammill in Pelosi's office. It came on the third call to that office.

The Democratic National Committee was approached at least six times, and multiple messages were deposited on a voice mail system handled by the courteous Rosemary, who said, "We're extremely busy," but there was no response, even after one spokesman in Sen. Barack Obama's officer referred WND to the DNC because such a question would be in "Chairman Dean's" territory.

The Democratic Leadership Council's response to multiple phone calls was similar, a promise to call back later.

Sen. Hillary Clinton

At least three messages left with Sen. Clinton's office went unreturned after a receptionist forwarded the calls to an answering machine, which informed WND that, "No one is available to take your call at this time."

Calls to Sen. Kennedy's office actually reached a live person, who listened to the request and promised, "If we're able to we'll shoot you something. We can't promise."

Colorado Sen. Ken Salazar's office generated a merry-go-round of telephone numbers. A call to his Washington office generated a referral to a Denver office, which generated a referral to a press office, which generated a referral to a cell phone. When a spokesman answered that number, the caller was referred back to the press office, which had an answering machine attached to the line. Leave a message.

A call to Sen. Harry Reid also allowed the caller to leave a message.

On the Republican side, Sen. Tom Tancredo, of Colorado, said those Mideast leaders are right – in one way.

He told WND that the assessment by terrorists who suggested U.S. voters choose the Democrats on Tuesday because they believe an expected removal of U.S. troops from the Mideast would hand their factions victory is hard to dispute.

"I guess the conclusion to which anyone could come … maybe they recognize that both the general nature of the Democratic Party and the people who are at its head are folks that would rather cut and run than stand their ground on an issue of this nature," he said.

"They're right. I also worry about a lot of things, the way the war has been prosecuted. But beyond Iraq, here's what I believe. I believe that there are more Republicans than Democrats that understand we are in a clash of civilizations.

"In fact the idea that Western civilization has advantages over other civilizations, that is not a concept that most Democrats would buy into and I think the radical Islamic groups recognize that," he said.

The president's recent statements also have given those factions reason to hope for better results under a Democrat Party leadership than the existing decision-makers.

"Our goal in Iraq is victory," Bush said during a campaign stop this week. "Victory in Iraq will come when that young democracy can sustain itself, and govern itself, and defend itself, and be a strong ally in the war against terrorists.

"The fighting in Iraq is tough, and I understand it's tough, and you know it's tough, and so does the enemy. They have no conscience. They kill innocent men, women and children. They film the atrocities, they broadcast them for the world to see. They offer no hopeful vision. The only thing they know is death and destruction.

"But they hope these violent images will cause us to lose our nerve. They make a big mistake. They do not understand the true strength of the United States. We don't run in the face of thugs and assassins, we'll defend ourselves," he said.

For all you laughing Wikipediaholics, here's the writer of the original story's bio. A bit controversial? Sure, many good writers are from time to time but, I give him more credibility than MSM stories that contain second hand information provided by stringers who only get paid if they "come up with" info for an exciting story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Klein

Sounds like a crock of shit to me. Despite what this reporter says the terrorists said, most Dems do not advocate an immediate withdrawl from Iraq. They just favor a plan other than 'stay the course'.

But "stay the course" now means whatever you want it to mean.

Yeah.... My wife asked what I'd like to do Saturday night, and I said I'd like to "stay the course."

Which, of course, means ass sex.

Damn, I am suprised that you will admit that you let her do it to you like that...doesn't it hurt?:o:D:P

> but now prefer to believe a letter from an Al Qaeda leader is a plant . .

I guess that's the difference between you and I. I don't believe Al Qaeda either way. Could be a plant, might not be - I just don't care, and don't think we really _should_ care.

I am suprised so many people place so much belief/importance on what a bunch of terrorists say. They WANT us to be talking about them all the time. That's why they attack us, to keep us afraid of them, and to keep us thinking about them. Don't let them do that to us.

> but now prefer to believe a letter from an Al Qaeda leader is a plant . .

I guess that's the difference between you and I. I don't believe Al Qaeda either way. Could be a plant, might not be - I just don't care, and don't think we really _should_ care.

I am suprised so many people place so much belief/importance on what a bunch of terrorists say. They WANT us to be talking about them all the time. That's why they attack us, to keep us afraid of them, and to keep us thinking about them. Don't let them do that to us.

"Don't believe them either way? So even if the letter isn't a plant, we just should ignore it? But of course you would like to ignore it, it supports the assertion that the war in Iraq is hurting them badly.

It fits the strategy of downplay the threat, don't insult them, prioritize 'first responders' in every little podunk town, send someone like Madeline Albright (she's probably have a pretty new broach to wear) to convey our apologies, and then hope for the best.

Of course you don't care about the letter...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>It fits the strategy of downplay the threat, don't insult them, prioritize
>'first responders' in every little podunk town, send someone like Madeline
>Albright (she's probably have a pretty new broach to wear) to convey our
>apologies, and then hope for the best.

What are you talking about? Was there a coherent concept in that? First responders? What does Madeleine Albright have to do with anything?

>Of course you don't care about the letter...

More like - I don't care much about what people like that think. Once we stop caring as a people, they will have lost their power over us.

>Sticking your head in the sand will not make the bad people go away.

We don't need to make them "go away" - indeed, genocide is generally frowned upon by most civilized nations. All we need to do is defend ourselves from them. (note - "defend ourselves" does not equal "kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people" no matter how bad our aim is.)

OTOH, living your life hanging on their every word will ensure their victory.

We don't need to make them "go away"

You think ignoring them worked? Supporting them didn't

indeed, genocide is generally frowned upon by most civilized nations.

So is terrorism.

OTOH, living your life hanging on their every word will ensure their victory.

Ignoring the words of the people who claim to be your enemy is not very smart either. Who would know better why they hate you and wish you dead than the ones that claim to hate you and wish you to die?

>It fits the strategy of downplay the threat, don't insult them, prioritize
>'first responders' in every little podunk town, send someone like Madeline
>Albright (she's probably have a pretty new broach to wear) to convey our
>apologies, and then hope for the best.

What are you talking about? Was there a coherent concept in that? First responders? What does Madeleine Albright have to do with anything?

Downplaying the threat: Do you not recognize that Dems in congress say the threat is not as severe as claimed by the president? Do you not remember the use of the term "fearmongering" by his poliltical opponents?

Don't insult them: Do you not remember the reaction to the president's correct use of the term "Islamofacists"?

Prioritize first responders' in every little podunk town: Do you not remember the desired emphasis on 'first responders' as in fire/police/medical personnel? This is a prime example of how the fight against Al Qaeda and similar groups is seen as a police action, and that spending money to improve the ability of civilian 'first responders' to react after an attack in every little town is more of a priority than going after the enemy on foreign soil.

Send someone like Madeline Albright (she's probably have a pretty new broach to wear) to convey our apologies, and then hope for the best: She has been putting herself before the cameras advocating more diplomacy and understanding, making her opposition to the president's policy known, always with a pretty broach (they are very important to her). She reminds me of Neville Chamberlain.

>Of course you don't care about the letter...

More like - I don't care much about what people like that think. Once we stop caring as a people, they will have lost their power over us.

I don't think the 9/11 commission's report included a recommendation to ignore communications between Al Qaeda leaders. It is a policy that I'm sure would be welcomed by our enemies. I don't think they like it when their private communications are intercepted, and Arab/Muslim leaders surely don't like it when their preachings to their followers don't match their public pronouncements. I think it is correct to criticize our poor intelligence and poor interpretation of that intelligence, but you dismiss the letter as a plant, and now proclaim that we can take away their power over us by ignoring them.

That is a very interesting concept, perhaps incoherent.

www.obsessionthemovie.com
Seeing this 1st then placing one's loyalty to COUNTRY would be a helpful tool.
I'm Bi-partisan (only due to my Family's personal contact with the Bush Family in the past & Sr. Geo. Bush's Present Employer being the Bin Laden Family)
Aside that matter, I support the rest of our U.S. Gov't & Forces.
Being a divided Nation at this time, will be our downfall.