warpedskydiver

Israeli Tanks lined up and ready to roll

Can anyone enlighten me as to a motive?

How about 28 years of total and complete incompetence in keeping the two parties from getting it on... 1978 was when they first put the UNFIL people in there.

And they have kept Hezbollah from doing??????????????????????????????????

Instead Hezbollah continually attack Israel..... and the Israelis take it for years and years.. then have to go in and spray some pest remover over Southern Lebanon.

How about 28 years of total and complete incompetence in keeping the two parties from getting it on... 1978 was when they first put the UNFIL people in there.

And they have kept Hezbollah from doing??????????????????????????????????

Instead Hezbollah continually attack Israel..... and the Israelis take it for years and years.. then have to go in and spray some pest remover over Southern Lebanon.

They were four men from different countries there to monitor what was going on not to enforce a peace.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

... the idea of Isreal deliberately targetting the UN ... anyone enlighten me as to a motive?

I could only speculate:

1. Was there something in particular that the UN Observation post was likely to observe?

2. Stalls & stymies the Rome conference which was ongoing at the time?

3. Inhibits the formation of a UN Force to enforce peace & give Israel more time to gain it's own objectives (Decimation of Hezb'Allah; Scorched-Earth DMZ in Southern Lebanon)?

Having said that, I really believe that the current Israeli Government is incompetent, vicious, inhumane, and has ultimately damaged world stability quite seriously!

Even Al Quaeda has come out of the woodwork & ridden some free publicity!

Somewhere down the line, America & Americans, The West & Westerners, are going to pay the price for Israel's latest adventurism.>:(

Bear in mind that the one thing Extremists & Terrorists (of any persuasion) hate most is peace, comfort & stability. That sort of stuff causes a nasty outbreak of peace & happiness. There's no revolutionary zeal among happy folk.

Mike.

PS: Some complain that Hezb'Allah targets the general Israeli population. Bear in mind that Israel still has conscription, so there are a lot of reservists in the population.

However, at the rate Israel is calling up reservists, that should reduce. However, in calling up reservists, what is that going to do to the Israeli economy?

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

How about 28 years of total and complete incompetence ...

How about 28 (& more) years of America vetoing ANY security Council resolutions to put a peacekeeping force into Israel & neighbours which could ENFORCE peace.

Mike.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Bear in mind that the one thing Extremists & Terrorists (of any persuasion) hate most is peace, comfort & stability.

I think that is a ridicules statement when it comes to terrorists.

The first so-called terrorist were the IRA. I don’t think there were anti peace and comfort.

Terrorist are born out of opposition.

One person’s terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.

Extremists i agree with 100%. Any Extremists in any cuase is usully a nutjob
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Bear in mind that the one thing Extremists & Terrorists (of any persuasion) hate most is peace, comfort & stability.

The first so-called terrorist were the IRA. I don’t think there were anti peace and comfort.

Terrorist are born out of opposition.

One person’s terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.

Extremists i agree with 100%. Any Extremists in any cuase is usully a nutjob

Make no mistake the IRA are terrorists. But even they ultimately want peace. As everyone does, on their terms.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The Zealots were terrorists some 2,000 years ago.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

***Can anyone enlighten me as to a motive?

Lowers the chance of an UN peace keeping force.

What is the end goal in preventing that?

Gives Israel more time to pursue it's objectives:

1. Decimate Hezb'Allah.

2. Create a "Scorched-Earth" environment for their desired security zone which is exclusively in Southern Lebanon.

Mike.

Edited to add: The Israeli objectives are my own speculation based on Israeli actions to date.

1. Decimate Hezb'Allah.

2. Create a "Scorched-Earth" environment for their desired security zone which is exclusively in Southern Lebanon.

Sounds good to me.... since that is where they TRIED to leave 6 years ago.. but Hezbollah has continued to attack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

1. Decimate Hezb'Allah.

Sounds good to me.... since that is where they TRIED to leave 6 years ago.. but Hezbollah has continued to attack over and over and ....

So... Based on a minor incident, the new & harder line (something to prove?) Israeli government goes in with the shiny new "Scorched-Earth" plan.

After all, if enemy "Freedom-Fighters" hide in the general population, then get rid of the general-population. No houses, no businesses, no farms, no people, etc... Means that anything that is there HAS to be "The-Enemy", right?

It really makes sense if you don't give a fuck about World opinion, justice, (non-israeli) human rights & co-existence... And you have a big mate always ready to stop any attempts to inject a degree of fairness & justice into the situation you have created.

Israel doesn't want to occupy Southern Lebanon. They want no-one to occupy southern labanon. They're effectively trying to create a big wide moat around their country. Like any military will clear any cover around a position which may need to be defended.

I can see the logic, but also the injustice and violation of basic human rights in the practical application of this policy by Israel. It's simply a further application of what they have done in evicting non-Jews in the past.

Mike.

PS: Note the lack of excessive repetition of a phrase to make a point.;)

I can see the logic, but also the injustice and violation of basic human rights in the practical application of this policy by Israel. It's simply a further application of what they have done in evicting non-Jews in the past.

Hmm just as they were expelled by all those peace loving muslim countries of the middle east.

They have seemed to try to move out of Lebanon... and just continued to get attacks...the Arabs will NOT make peace..... then time for war... take off the gloves.. and kick their enemies butts.

Crying about all the UN REsolutions that have been put forth by a group of idiots is a waste of time.. NEITHER side has complied with them...

Israel is a very small country in Area....and population in comparison to all of their peace loving muslim neighbors. Most of them have an avowed goal of wiping them off the face of the map...I guess in your world.. a few more million jews is a small price to pay to have another Chamberlain moment with "Peace in our time"

Sorry mate,

Too busy crying about all those UN Resolutions that were vetoed by a bunch of idiots.

Bear in mind that Israel's Islamic neighbours began expelling Jews in response to Israel's actions.

Study your history BEFORE you criticise Chamberlain or his actions. You may object to "Peace in our time". Most folk who have actually been involved in a war are really quite keen on it.

Where have I ever promoted of celebrated Jews being killed? Surely the idea is for ALL killing to stop, both Israeli and non-Israeli.

Mike.

In the interest of promoting inter-religious tolerance, let's all contemplate the following:

> CONFESSIONAL
>
> An old man walks into a confessional. The following conversation ensues:
>
> Man: I am 92 years old, have a wonderful wife of 70 years , many
>children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Yesterday, I picked up
>two college girls, hitchhiking. We went to a motel, where I had sex with
>each of them three times.
>
> Priest: Are you sorry for your sins?
>
> Man: What sins?
>
> Priest: What kind of a Catholic are you?
>
> Man: I'm Jewish.
>
> Priest: Why are you telling me all this?
>
> Man: I'm telling everybody!
>

In the interest of promoting inter-religious tolerance, let's all contemplate the following:

A Catholic Priest & an Imam are sitting next to each other on a flight to Jerusalem. The Priest turns to the Imam and says: "Your religion prohibits Pork. Now (begorrah), I like a bacon sandwich. Have you ever tried one?" The Imam turns and says: Well... Yes. When I was younger, I preached in Ireland and I must admit I developed a taste for bacon & eggs for breakfast. I liked it, but sadly I had to give it up." The Priest said: "That's a shame. You must really miss it."

The Imam then said: What about you? You're expected to be celibate, but have you ever experienced sex?" The priest replied: Well... Like yourself, when I was younger, there was a girl in a parish I served. Lovely girl. We had a torrid affair for 3 months before she moved away. It was nice."

The Imam looked up from his Koran and said: "That's a shame... Better than Bacon, eh!:ph34r:"

Mike.

Which only goes to prove that Catholicism is far easier to take the piss out of than Judaism or Islam!

A Priest, an Imam and a Rabbi joined forces to raise money for charity, afterwards they met up to decide how much to skim off the top for 'expenses'. The Imam says, "Lets draw a circle on the ground, throw all the money up in the air and whatever lands in the circle we keep for ourselves."

The Priest says "Well that's a great idea, but I think we should keep whatever lands outside the circle, we did do a lot of work to raise this money."

The Rabbi says "You both raise very good points, but I have a better idea. We throw all the money up in the air and whatever God wants he can keep!"
Do you want to have an ideagasm?