warpedskydiver

Israeli Tanks lined up and ready to roll

I wonder what the numbers would look like if you included death on each side for the last year or so.

For the last year, and pretty much any recent year before that Israel kills more civilians than Palestinians ever manage in Israel.

Google the numbers if you want details.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Looks like Hezbollah miscalculated and now will feel the effects of Israeli Armor and Infantry.

It would really suck to be them.(Hezbollah)

Does the idea of WWIII excite you, or is it just the people dying in general, or just brownish people dying?

Looks like Hezbollah miscalculated and now will feel the effects of Israeli Armor and Infantry.

Does the idea of WWIII excite you, or is it just the people dying in general, or just brownish people dying?

Once again another person has shown that they know absoultely nothing about me, and in this instance like many others, they are completely wrong.:o

I wonder, is it that people can't read anymore, or is that that have to add verbage to a statement in order to feel justified in disliking the author, or the message?[:/]

Well Bill what is the answer then?

Israel is far from perfect, but every time a concession is made there is another attack.

Bill if you were running Israel what would you do?

Pull back to WITHIN my legal borders. Illegally occupying land outside your borders and then giving a little bit of it back is not really making a concession.

Oncew again another person has shown that they know absoultely nothing about me, and in this instance like many others, they are completely wrong.:o

Don't worry about it too much, it's just a mirroring mechanism. People "plant" negative attributes into you that don't exist just so they can find balance against their own negative thoughts.

My ultra-liberal sister does that to me all the time, despite that I'm fairly moderate on most things political.

. . =(_8^(1)

Don't worry about it too much, it's just a mirroring mechanism. People "plant" negative attributes into you that don't exist just so they can find balance against their own negative thoughts.

My ultra-liberal sister does that to me all the time, despite that I'm fairly moderate on most things political.

That explains alot, unfortunately it was what I had figured out, and I was really hoping to be wrong.

Don't worry about it too much,

I think it's a trait that should be worried about in today's world. The ease at which people are able to dehumanize absolutely ANYBODY for the tiniest of things is, frankly, scary as hell. And 90% of the time it's a pot/kettle thing.

Let me rephrase that. The ease at which people can arbitrarily MANUFACTURE a reason to falsely dehumanize another on purpose is, frankly, scary as hell.

And here, it's not solely a lefty thing, but those sources are given quite a bit of free rein in that aspect.

Those kind of statements and the relaxed acceptance of them says a lot about the culture here.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Hizbollah must be dealt with, decisively, and conclusively.

This will just strengthen them. The Israelis have been dealing with terrorism "decisively and conclusively" for decades now - how's that been working for them?

In the past, they haven't been dealing with this to the level I believe they are prepared to. Yes, the tensions and flare-ups have become common place.

A living people makes enormous concessions...only when there is no hope left. Only then do extreme groups lose their sway, and influence transfers to moderate groups. Only then would these moderate groups come to us with proposals for mutual consessions." - Ze'ev Jabotinsky 1923

In the time since Israel's withdrawl from Lebanon, Hizbollah has built fortifications as close as 30 feet away from Israeli OPs along with the artillery. I'd be merciless too in the face of that. I believe they will go farther than the "framework" of the Likud Party outline of 80 years ago.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Once again another person has shown that they know absoultely nothing about me, and in this instance like many others, they are completely wrong.:o

I wonder, is it that people can't read anymore, or is that that have to add verbage to a statement in order to feel justified in disliking the author, or the message?[:/]

I inferred that it is your contention that Israel unleashing its Armor and Infantry on Lebonon is a good thing. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong and you were just merely making a statement than I apologize.

I inferred that it is your contention that Israel unleashing its Armor and Infantry on Lebonon is a good thing. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong and you were just merely making a statement than I oppoligize.

I call Bullshit.

"people in general dying" and "brownish people" does not jibe with that in the least.

. . =(_8^(1)

I inferred that it is your contention that Israel unleashing its Armor and Infantry on Lebonon is a good thing. Am I wrong?

No a good thing would have been for everyone involved to get along and mind their own fucking business.

Israel, Syria, Iran, and all those wonderful religous fanatics in the middle east who don't seem to understand the fucking book they use as their own guidance are the problem.

The Lebanese, Israeli's, Palestinians who aren't benefitting from all this conflict, are sick of this crap and tired of being the neighborhood Bully's playground.

I wonder if Hezbollah is stupid enough to go starting shit in northern Beirut again?

I think so, they want to have all factions warring and it will all be for nothing.

Hezbollah will not be the last ones standing if it all comes apart.

I inferred that it is your contention that Israel unleashing its Armor and Infantry on Lebonon is a good thing. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong and you were just merely making a statement than I oppoligize.

I call Bullshit.

"people in general dying" and "brownish people" does not jibe with that in the least.

If you sit around and chear for war, then you get excited about "people in general dying". The "brownish people" part was more of an emotional response to what is a pretty sad state of affairs.

>Israel is far from perfect, but every time a concession is made
>there is another attack.

Yep. And every time they attack there is another attack. If the outcome is the same whether you kill 300 men, women and children or not - which is the wiser course? Which is the more humane course?

>Bill if you were running Israel what would you do?

I would hope to God that I could find someone with the wisdom, courage and vision of a Martin Luther King or a Gandhi to change the path that the nation was on. I don't have that sort of vision - and as far as I can tell, no one here does.

I call Bullshit.

If you sit around and chear for war, then you get excited about "people in general dying". The "brownish people" part was more of an emotional response to what is a pretty sad state of affairs.

you know, it really IS a sad state of affairs. but what really is the solution over there? will any nation really be the first to lay down their guns? should Israel be the first, only to let her enemies use that as the chance they've been waiting for to storm in and anhilate her?

will there ever be peace in the middle east?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I call Bullshit.

you know, it really IS a sad state of affairs. but what really is the solution over there? will any nation really be the first to lay down their guns? should Israel be the first, only to let her enemies use that as the chance they've been waiting for to storm in and anhilate her?

Dave Barry once said that after the the great nuclear war eliminates all life forms except bacteria, the bacteria in the middle east will be mortal enemies of one another.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

>........I don't have that sort of vision - and as far as I can tell, no one here does.

another victim of angst
looking forward to the weekend for sure
remember when Fridays were fun, even on SC?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Not likely any time soon. Hopefully the internet will continue to provide ready access to numerous points of view. For a perspective you won't get through the US media, give this site a shot. I'm not by any means trying to say that this is THE source for information but just ANOTHER source.
http://electronicintifada.net

I call Bullshit.

I don't know what the answer is but this clearly isn't it. Maybe there could be a single democratic state in Isreal (including the West Bank and Gaza) where Muslims and Jews have equal access to social, political, and economic resourses.

I call Bullshit.

I don't know what the answer is but this clearly isn't it. Maybe there could be a single democratic state in Isreal (including the West Bank and Gaza) where Muslims and Jews have equal access to social, political, and economic resourses.

but how will that work when they, muslims and jews, hate each other so much and each think that the other's fundamental religious identity is flawed?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...