kenneth21441

Who would you vote for or like in office in 2008

Just wanted to know where the nation stands at here in 2006 for when the time comes.

I was not sure if some of them would put there name in but you never know.

Thanks,

Wasn't a convict voted in last go around:P
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Maybe you should just hold a lottery!:)
Make the ticket price $1,000,000 each, and give each registered voter one free ticket.

Then just hold the draw & whoever holds the winning ticket becomes President. Simple. None of that messing about with the definition of a hole, judges & crap!

I defy you to prove it'll be worse than your present system.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I love how non-americans have so much to say about our system.

You have to consider the source. The British (deep down) are still upset over being tossed out of the Colonies and our dis-respect for tea. They may deny it but, they really are.:D Seriously, you never know where a good idea may come from.

Edit to add: To answer the original question: Rudy Guiliani! (not likely he'll run)

Chuck

I love how non-americans have so much to say about our system.

Well... WE Brits did design it for you, didn't we! Although it was originally promoted as a solution the our "George III problem" of the time.

It'd work well in Britain as well, only we have the monarchy as an unelected head of state.

If someone doesn't have to go through all the mechanisms of buying enough popularity to be elected, then that person doesn't have any debts to repay.

Another option would be to simply conscript the richest "self-made" man under 60 and have him serve a term or two. I believe that Bill Gates is available now.

Or do you think that any of your likely candidates would be better than Bill?

Mike.

PS: I would have said non-Americans.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Let's see:

John "McClain"
"Hilary" Clinton
"ALL" Gore
"Condolasa" Rice
"Somone" with no "polictical..."

Give me your voter's registration card now. C'mon, hand it over.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Condi. Besides that fact that I think she's hot, she oozes class and is extremely intellegent.
Plus, with her presence in the White House, she would knock the biggest part of the liberals' victim mentality in the head.

A black woman president. What else would there be to bitch about?

Guilliani? Why?? Because he was the mayor of NY during 9/11?

McCain, if he survives cancer, will be a great president.

Not because he was mayor of New York City during 9/11... that would be too sentimental but rather, he ran that city rather well. Sure, he made mistakes but, he's also human. Guiliani just strikes me as someone with 'savvy'... plain and simple. I was only asked 'who i would vote for'. I would vote for him.

Chuck

<< I love how non-americans have so much to say about our system. >> - we only get a say here in SC land... what's really funny is how you think that you have a say to what goes on in your country in real life;)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

<< I love how non-americans have so much to say about our system. >> - we only get a say here in SC land... what's really funny is how you think that you have a say to what goes on in your country in real life;)

Hey! You're not supposed to know that!:D I didn't know, it showed.:$

Chuck

I see what you are saying but I just dont think he did enough. He cleaned up times square so now it only smells like urine from 11pm-6am.

O.K., what has McClain done besides, having been a POW in Viet Nam. I am by no means demeaning that, either. He and all the others who served during that mess did their job to the best of their ability. How would he make a good president?

Chuck

Let's see:

John "McClain"
"Hilary" Clinton
"ALL" Gore
"Condolasa" Rice
"Somone" with no "polictical..."

Give me your voter's registration card now. C'mon, hand it over.

Pretty funny there. :D Kind of shows, though, just how screwed up our political system is anyway....:|

I'd vote for Condi if she's just break away from being a "Bush Yes-(wo)Man" and stand up for herself. Has she committed political suicide by being so devoted to the present administration?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I see what you are saying but I just dont think he did enough. He cleaned up times square so now it only smells like urine from 11pm-6am.

O.K., what has McClain done besides, having been a POW in Viet Nam. I am by no means demeaning that, either. He and all the others who served during that mess did their job to the best of their ability. How would he make a good president?

Chuck

Well, he tried to clean up campaign financing, and he initiated the Act that forbids the US from torturing anyone ( and Bush then said he wouldn't abide by it in his signing statement). That's more good than Bush ever did before being elected (or since, for that matter).

McCain is worth 100 of Bush.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Chuck

Well, he tried to clean up campaign financing, and he initiated the Act that forbids the US from torturing anyone ( and Bush then said he wouldn't abide by it in his signing statement). That's more good than Bush ever did before being elected (or since, for that matter).

Thanks, for your in-put. At my age, the memory ain't so good any more.:D I've got to agree, 'W', has been a bit of a dis-appointment.[:/]

Chuck

Chuck

O.K., what has McClain done

He saved a building, an airport and the whole NY subway from being blown up in elaborate robberies. Like I said, it's all in Die Hard.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Condi. Besides that fact that I think she's hot, she oozes class and is extremely intellegent.

She's (besides Cheney) the one who most strongly advocated the
now highly unpopular Iraq War to GWB.

She also never ran for or held elected office.

(edit) plus: a woman who sacrificed family life for
academic career will scare the living daylight out
of the religious right - the ones you need to get elected
as a GOPpy. (/edit)

The girl is a no-starter.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Chuck

Agreed

[reply\]

I've got to agree, 'W', has been a bit of a dis-appointment.[:/]

Chuck

DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER! For the biggest understatement on dropzone.com.:D:D:D

I just wish he could read a damn telepromter and learn that the end of a line isn't necessarily the end of a sentence.

I saw him speak in person once. Just as bad.>:(
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE