headoverheels

Photos of dead people

Why is it that people complain about photos of dead journalists, soldiers, and others, but don't have a problem showing photos of a dead terrorist?

uhh, how bout you switch that statement around bro, nobody complains when dead soldiers are shown on tv, cuz no one gives a shit about us, we're only soldiers, it's our job to die right, but shortly after zarqawi's picture was showing confirmation of his death people said we violated the geneva convention.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'd rather we not see photos of any dead people. Death is not a cause for celebration or entertainment. It's unfortunate this guy put himself in a position that made his death warranted, but I don't think we need to flaunt our ability to kill. That particular skill set hasn't been in question for some time now.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Why is it that people complain about photos of dead journalists, soldiers, and others, but don't have a problem showing photos of a dead terrorist?

cause the dead journalists, soldiers, and others dont normally go around cutting the heads of of people ...

what? do you really feel sympathy for these fuckers?.... ya know exactly where you will find sympathy in the dictionary dont you??.....

its right between shit and syphillis.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I think it stinks.

The only purpose I see here is that we "thought" we got OBL at one point - so the public would be skeptical and want some tangible proof that this isn't just a mistake or a deception....

Edit: and in the case of Saddam's horrible sons, the picture might be a relief for some of the people that were persecuted by the man.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

who really gives a shit ? well, apart from some pc whiney people on internet forums ;)

do you not see a difference between good people and bad people? i'm not too happy about good people being killed and shown on tv, but i'm over the moon about seeing some murdering scum bag being killed and shown on tv

do i really give a shit that people on an internet forum think i should be more PC about that? nope, of course not ;)

I'm sure they debated whether or not to publish the picture. I don't think they did it to gloat, since it's not the "Western way" to display pictures of corpses like that. I presume that, after debate, they decided that (just like with Q'usay & Uday Hussein) the only way to prove to skeptics that he is really dead was to show his picture. While I generally don't approve of that, in this case I think it's a reasonable exception.

I don't think they did it to gloat, since it's not the "Western way" to display pictures of corpses like that.

Apparently, you have never looked at history of the Old West. They leaned their caskets against the wall, and stood proudly beside the corpse to have their picture taken. That was the real Western way. No PC there.

If these people live, you have the chance of being kiled by them.

Celebrate their death, because you have one less bad guy trying to kill you.

Tree hugging, bed wetting, thumb sucking sissies need to pull their heads out of their asses before they speak.

It appears strange to me that from a country where you cannt even show tits in public, it's O.K to show photos of dead people .... just an observation.

I don't have an issue with showing tits in public. But it's a two edged sword depending on the quality of the show pieces.......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't think they did it to gloat, since it's not the "Western way" to display pictures of corpses like that.

Apparently, you have never looked at history of the Old West. They leaned their caskets against the wall, and stood proudly beside the corpse to have their picture taken. That was the real Western way. No PC there.

Particularly popular with horse and cattle thieves.

I have no problem with the 'look-here he is' headshot. They bagged him, here's the proof. Confirmation coming soon!

Burned up hanging in a bridge or being dragged through the street- I'd have a problem with that even for a fine humanitarian like Zaq.

Did you cry when they fried Ted Bundy, too? :|

Why don't you ask the families of his victims about photos of dead people. After all, they had to see the photos of their dead daughters/sisters (if found).

Maybe they can give you a perspective that you might accept.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.