warpedskydiver

people are real assholes

Y'know what, I don't think I want to.

Just a note to all on this thread. jakee lives in the UK where they're not allowed to own guns or defend themselves. Their culture is very different from our own, and we should be thankful for it.

Oh, I'm thankful alright.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Just a note to all on this thread. jakee lives in the UK where they're not allowed to own guns or defend themselves. Their culture is very different from our own, and we should be thankful for it.

He can have a cricket bat... can't he?

Chuck

Chuck

probably not for long.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

They threaten to shove the flashlight up his ass and your post is in defense of THEM?

No, I'm not defending them - to be honest they sound like complete fuckwits.

However, in the first post all that was mentioned was that they called him an old man and threatened to sue him (no mention of the flashlight).

Two people replied explicitly advocating shooting them in cold blood and then making a pretence of self defence, which warped agreed with.

Cut it any way you like, thats fucked up.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Just a note to all on this thread. jakee lives in the UK where they're not allowed to own guns or defend themselves.

Well I do live in the UK, but your other two points are dead wrong.

They threaten to shove the flashlight up his ass and your post is in defense of THEM?

No, I'm not defending them - to be honest they sound like complete fuckwits.

However, in the first post all that was mentioned was that they called him an old man and threatened to sue him (no mention of the flashlight).

Two people replied explicitly advocating shooting them in cold blood and then making a pretence of self defence, which warped agreed with.

Cut it any way you like, thats fucked up.

I agree w/ you there.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

What the fuck are you talking about? As far as I can make out you are attempting to insinuate that

a) I break and enter

b) I sue people or

c) My family are scum.

Either way you are pretty far off the mark, and not a little insulting.

Ok I will apologize, but thanks for insinuating that I would commit a murder.

Just a note to all on this thread. jakee lives in the UK where they're not allowed to own guns or defend themselves.

Well I do live in the UK, but your other two points are dead wrong.

Are you allowed in the UK to defend yourself w/ a gun? On the street? In your residence?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Ok I will apologize, but thanks for insinuating that I would commit a murder.

Cool.

I'm sure in reality you would not shoot anybody unless you were in danger yourself - Its just the direction the thread was taking (see my last reply to micro) that made me throw my two cents in.

Fuck you old man go back in your house"

Everything after - was the wrong response.

Raise the M3, point at perps, "No, fuck you. Now get off my yard" BLAM!!

"Officer, when I told them to get off my yard, they came at me and I was in fear of my life."

End of class - next subject?

While I'm not an advocate of lying, BIGUN isn't far off the mark here. I wouldn't have gone out w/o being armed (I'm NEVER unarmed) and after smartass #1's first remark, out would come the firearm and at that point I'm sure that would be the end of the discussion. The perps would have disbanded. If the didn't and decided to call your bluff, it would have been time to neutralize any threat.

(And to you anti-gunners, no this isn't bravado or machismo or whatever your delusional little minds think it is so get the f*ck over it)

First step, warning. Second step shooting them.

It's the Catholic way. :|;)

Why not warning shot first? Ntohing like the sound of a gun being fired to get the message across without having to put a hole in someone chest.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Chuck

probably not for long.

[:/]

Chuck

OMG, don't even get me started about Westchester Co. NY

I looked into getting a pistol permit here (target, not carry). They make it almost impossible. First off, you have to find 4 licensed gun holders who are willing to sign for you, and none of them can be police or retired police. Completely arbitrary.

Then, you have to take a 6 month safety course. Then you have to wait 6 months for them to approve the license.

Also, if you have egress from your house then you're supposed to use it when threatened. Mind boggling.

The county executive is a raging liberal asshole, and there is no term limit to his slot. My town is the only Republican town in Westchester. Andy Spano has just closed all other homeless shelters in Westchester and consolidated them in my town. Know what lives in homeless shelters? Level III sex offenders (...i.e., those who are going to repeat). Be New York State law, all sex offenders must be posted on a state web site. But Spano says the homeless right to privacy vetos that requirement. Check out this website:
http://www.mppdny.com/press/sex_offenders.htm
We are all engines of karma

Are you allowed in the UK to defend yourself w/ a gun? On the street? In your residence?

Dunno.

The post I was replying to said 'own guns or defend yourself' not 'defend yourself with guns'.;)

I just bought myself a pistol...
All I filled out was a form saying I will not commit a felony, or I'm not depressed and yada yada...
3 days later, Today I will go and pick up my new gun.
That's in Florida...

I'm from sweden where you cannot have a gun.
Someone was actually just arrested there a while back for having a potato gun...

So yes, it differs quite a bit.

Ankie
Skydivers are a bunch of insensitive jerks...
And that's why I don't skydive anymore!

Why not warning shot first? Ntohing like the sound of a gun being fired to get the message across without having to put a hole in someone chest.

He's probably not allowed to discharge a firearm in his area.

I guess that would make shooting them a moot point as well.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

First step, warning. Second step shooting them.

It's the Catholic way.

Hi Rob! That's right, the Catholic WAY!!! lol!!!

I'm all for warning shots, but if there's not time for one, then it's all about neutralization. Also, there's resources to consider. If they're not standing down or disbanding AND they're far enough away to not be able to do immediate harm to you (i.e. there is not sign of THEM having a weapon), a warning shot can certainly work.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Not so if he feels his life is in jeopardy.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Dunno.

The post I was replying to said 'own guns or defend yourself' not 'defend yourself with guns'.;)

I believe the answers to my questions are no, no, and no.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

In Reply To
In Reply To
In Reply To

Not so if he feels his life is in jeopardy.

That's my understanding as well.
We are all engines of karma

Some girly gun...;) .380 something

Going to get to the gun range and learn all about it.
Only shot big rifles in the military before...

A .380 will get the job done, don't let anyone give you shit about having a pussy gun. just get a hot load for it. i bet it's nice and concealable too. heck, what's in my pocket right now is a little kel-tec .32 w/ hydra-shocks in it. better than a knife or nothing at all, and in the summer time, it beats lugging around a big glock or 45 or some heavy shit like that.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...