Trent

Vote 'Em All Out!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/17/immigration.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate endorsed a chance at citizenship for millions of illegal immigrants Wednesday but also voted to build 370 miles of triple-layered fencing along the Mexican border in increasingly emotional debate over election-year immigration legislation.

Then there's this gem that tells these morons that it IS being viewed as amnesty... even though they're "against" the word amnesty....
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/05/16/mexico.immigration.ap/index.html

...Sending the National Guard "will not stop the flow of migrants. To the contrary, it will probably go up," as people try to get into the U.S. with hopes of applying for a possible amnesty program, Nunez said...***
Not to mention the bullshit about Mexico suing us over protecting our own borders...

What does it take to get some people in office that will put up a realistic and firm plan on dealing with immigration... or ANYTHING for that matter? Do these fucks not listen to what their constituents want AT ALL? Is there ANYONE who is actually FOR giving illegals a free citizenship after hiding out for 2 years here as an illegal?

Throw the bums out. I'm tired of it. Too much politics and not enough common sense.
Oh, hello again!

What does it take to get some people in office that will put up a realistic and firm plan on dealing with immigration...

What is your idea of a "realistic and firm plan"?

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks. It' a lot tougher to come up with a realistic and firm plan that is acceptable to the majority.

here is my plan

simple so they would never consider

1 close the border

2 illegals would have to pay tax at highest rate with no exemptions

3 baby born in us is not a us citizen if illegal parents

4 no public funded benifits or vote if not legal

5 employers have to collect tax on illegals or employers have to pay for them

6 absolute ID card required for all alliens

now lets not re-ellect anyone..do this 2 or 3 times and prifessional politicans will re discover who they worh for

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

>here is my plan
>simple so they would never consider

>1 close the border

Would cost lots and lots and lots of money. Would need to weigh that cost against the negative consequences of illegal immigrants. Tough expense to bear, given our huge military expense post-9/11. Do people really have the stomach to bear this cost at the expense of whatever their personal pet cause might be? We'll see.

>2 illegals would have to pay tax at highest rate with >no exemptions

Obviously requires employer to deduct, as you suggest below, since illegals (generally) don't file tax returns. Problem is, if employer is the gatekeeper for this, the employer, by collecting the "illegals tax", will have to admit that it is knowingly employing an illegal, thereby incriminating itself. So on a practical level, this won't work because the employers won't comply.

>3 baby born in us is not a us citizen if illegal >parents

Doable, but requires a constitutional amendment, which, by design, is difficult to do.

>4 no public funded benifits or vote if not legal

They already can't vote since they're not citizens. As far as public benefits, ok re: the adults, but there will be a debate over whether it's fair to deprive essentially innocent children of benefits. Arguments can go both ways on that.

>5 employers have to collect tax on illegals or >employers have to pay for them

See above.

>6 absolute ID card required for all alliens

Oh, they already have those; they're called Arizona driver's licenses. :P (Ok, that was bad.)

What does it take to get some people in office that will put up a realistic and firm plan on dealing with immigration...

What is your idea of a "realistic and firm plan"?

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks. It' a lot tougher to come up with a realistic and firm plan that is acceptable to the majority.

I heard an idea of a way to approach all of this today on the radia that I liked.

Basicly the idea was to bread it down. One part (one law) at a time.

That way, in the rush to look like the party that did something, bad law would not be added to good.

So, first, address the borders. (what ever that plan may be) Secure them first then,
move on to the imigration reform, (how are we going to let them in gowing forward)
Then address those that are already here. One step, one law at a time.

That way, everything gets laid out and debated without sneaking something in.

Does not have that answers but it is a good procedure IMO.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>4 no public funded benifits or vote if not legal

As a country, I doubt we will ever get so callous as allow people to die rather than give them medical care or police support.

>5 employers have to collect tax on illegals or employers have to pay
>for them

That's the way the law is written now.

>6 absolute ID card required for all alliens

And if you see a mexican on the street, and demand their alien ID, and they say "I was born in New Jersey, asshole" - how does that help the situation? The only way to make that work is to require every US citizen to carry ID. Are you willing to go to jail if you lose your ID card?

>we enforce the laws that are already on the books!

Yep.

I really don't understand all the "guest worker" proposals. We _have_ a guest worker program, and we have laws against illegal immigration and hiring of illegal workers. I think "guest worker program" and "new immigration laws" are code words. To employers they mean "don't worry; we'll never get around to passing new laws, and meanwhile we won't enforce the old ones."

>we enforce the laws that are already on the books!

Yep.

I really don't understand all the "guest worker" proposals. We _have_ a guest worker program, and we have laws against illegal immigration and hiring of illegal workers. I think "guest worker program" and "new immigration laws" are code words. To employers they mean "don't worry; we'll never get around to passing new laws, and meanwhile we won't enforce the old ones."

nice idea, here's why
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

here is my plan

simple so they would never consider

1 close the border

2 illegals would have to pay tax at highest rate with no exemptions

3 baby born in us is not a us citizen if illegal parents

4 no public funded benifits or vote if not legal

5 employers have to collect tax on illegals or employers have to pay for them

6 absolute ID card required for all alliens

now lets not re-ellect anyone..do this 2 or 3 times and prifessional politicans will re discover who they worh for

You missed a couple .

7 No non citizen will be allowed to own or operate a business withing the US .

They are starting their own companies , paying ZERO taxes , and making lots of money .

8 Cap on income until they become a citizen .

7 No non citizen will be allowed to own or operate a business withing the US .

You realize of course that other countries would recipricate: Microsoft, Exon, et al would no longer be welcome in other countries. Didn't Castro enact similar legislation around 1960?

>7 No non citizen will be allowed to own or operate a business withing the US .

Why would you want to outlaw Reflexes like that? They're good rigs, and the company in its heyday employed a half dozen US citizens. Putting americans out of work seems like a poor plan.