Hawkins121

Am I the only one that still likes Bush? (The President)

Yes, he did, there's no doubt about it. As a man who has served as a line officer in the Navy, I've a bit of experience with Naval service. I disagree politically with a few guys from my various wardrooms. Hell, I even utterly hate a couple of them, but not for their political views, to be sure. Even should the two or three I hate run for office, however, I don't find it in me to do what the Swift Vets did to sKerry. One member of one of my wardrooms - who is still a surface line fellow and out on deployment right now - is a left winger and should he ever decide to run for office, the hard core hypocritical libertarian Anvil would be voting for him without question.

You'd really have to have been a wardroom member to understand how amazing it is that almost every member of his wardroom came out publicly against him. That alone says a lot to me about his character - regardless of his positions on the issues important to me, which were also 180 out from where I think the country should have been taken. Since the election I've met a couple of Swifties and chatted with them about that very subject. After doing so, I state with even MORE confidence that I did the right thing in voting for GWB. Kerry earned the Swift Vets' opinion of him in Vietnam. But you are right - he did go.
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Hey, it shouldn't be any of my business.. (cuz I'm a Brit...) as he isn't my president... but he does affect the world I live in and generally not in a good way... Let's hope that you lot can find someone a lot better next time.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

36% approval rating.. Holy shit!

I think he might lose the next election................. :S

And why do you still like Bush? Do you read the newspaper? Do you own a TV? It appears that you have internet access... Have you checked your fav news site recently?

Whats to like? Name one thing that Bush has done to make our country better. And please dont insult us with the "making america safer" B.S.

You just might be. I never liked him at all, not even when he was Governor of Texas. Used to tell everyone "heaven help us if that nutjob ever gets elected to the White House".

I think it's just a matter of the bill coming due for all the unbelievably stupid bullshit he's caused since the day he took office. He never won by a landslide, the last election was pretty close and the first election came down to a few Justices on the Supreme Court. But he's never been shy about taking the ball and running with it, I'll give him that. If you let a bull loose in a china shop, you might as well tie a string of fireworks to its tail, that seems to be his governing philosophy, except he's too dumb to understand what a china shop is, thinks it's something you'd have to go to China for.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

because i think that what he does is the correct thing, just in very difficult circumstances with constant criticism from people who always complain.

Bush might not be the best speaker or have the right hair, but least he does his job. But then again some publics want a president who will keep everyone waiting for 2 hours whole he has his haircut (clinton).

But hey, surely you want a fashionable leader!!!

Thanks Mike,

I dont care about his inability to speak in public/ fashion sense/charisma etc.. but what I do care about is his [governments] policies and how they affect us in the wider world.

I do not think that he is doing the right think, under any circumstances... and if they are difficult, it's becuase he has helped to make them that way.

But we're all allowed out own opinions (even if they're wrong:P)

P.S cloud-base is low over Cambs (still abit windy too) so I'll have to stay at home and do chores:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Totally fair mate, one will always have different oppinions on other people';s actions/policies.

The problem isn't difference of opinion internally, it's difference of opinion between Shrub and other members of the world community.

Contrary to popular belief, we are not best friends with everyone who has the ability to hurt us. And we are not invulnerable, everyone knows that. So he would do well to pay special attention to the countries he decides to provoke, and I do mean provoke.

A policy of pre-emptivism is the policy of a madman who is losing control of a situation. Every little movement becomes an exaggerated act of aggression, and thus becomes justification for "swift action" against the situation. If you're going to attack pre-emptively, not only are you the aggressor, but you will be treated as one. Not to mention you better have some foresight. Unfortunately a lack of foresight is only one of the plagues this administration has.

Fact is, America is slipping down the slippery slope, and Shrub isn't helping matters.

Record spending with no plans for repayment, 2-going-on-3 wars, apparent disregard for domestic issues outside of those involving foreign entities, and waning credibility/respect in the eyes of other countries.

Consider this administration the setting of the sun on the days of American supremacy. The great thing if there is ever a marked point at which we lost the top dog position, cletus will blame it on the hippies. Both may be to blame in actuality, but Shrub certainly didn't help matters. I honestly cannot see one thing he's done that has yielded more benefit than sacrifice. We as Americans don't even have the same rights and privileges we used to.

The time's they are a changin'.

Bush might not be the best speaker or have the right hair, but least he does his job.

from my experience in scientific writing, education and administraion I very much believe this is a serious underestimation of the powers of language.

Language organizes thought and organized thought is reflected in coherent language. Language is to an amazing degree inherently logical. (amazing because languages grew naturally without being designed by professional logicians)

As a result it is a hard to cast flawed or incoherent ideas into good language. Over and over it happens/ed to me that such flaws actually surface while I try to express something that is not well throught through (whether it is scientific or organizational) - when takes hours without success to contort it into something readable/sensible until I give up and question the idea itself.

OTOH, if an idea makes sense and is coherent at its core the writing or speaking flows without effort.

To me the garbeled speech of Bush is definitely an indicator of an impatience to think anything through and, as result, having only a superficial and garbeled understanding about the reality, execution and implementation of whatever grandious ideas he has. The fact that there is an unending list of ill conceived and badly executed plans (not matter how well meant they may have been at some time) corroborates this.

It may be of no consequence in many professions if someone if a bad speaker or writer. However, if your main job is to conceive organizational structure on a large scale and you cannot even organize your throughts enough to structure your next sentence - then we have a serious problem.

And, to make sure, I am not talking about speech being hip or elegant or rethorically skillful. All I want is that what comes out of someone's mouth to be logically coherent. In Bush's case it almost never is, and whatever there is are fragmented snipplets of thoughts that are wildly patched together - very often, in fact, in an obvious and ludicrous effort to make an educated and/or knowledgable impression. The efforts would be better invested into trying to make sense.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

from my experience in scientific writing, education and administraion I very much believe this is a serious underestimation of the powers of language.

WOW! You should be proud of composing this excellent passage. Brilliant.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I'm glad that we currently have people like you complaining about President Bush, rather than people like me complaining about President Kerry.

Why? Cause you are somehow better or more important than he is?

Gee, maybe that was just JR's way of saying he's glad we don't have Kerry in office. Seems like a fairly simple comment.

. . =(_8^(1)

A policy of pre-emptivism is the policy of a madman who is losing control of a situation

Actually it's a policy that unfortunately must be taken because of the rising ability and willingness of terrorist organizations such as Al Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiyah. Terrorist used to be just street thugs that law enforcement could deal with; now these dudes are as advanced and capable as some professional militaries. You obviously suggest we just get kicked in the nuts before doing anything...that's great thinking right there. You were the kid who got pummeled in school because you couldn't stand up for yourself and take action, right?

We as Americans don't even have the same rights and privileges we used to.

Really, and which ones are we missing?

Was that true for either of the last 2 guys? Heroes to their party.

Heros to their party. Not heros to the US.

The next election will not bring much change. We are in Iraq and while an exit would be a good idea, a fast exit would be very bad for all parties.

The biggest problem is that the Democrats have not been able to bring a canidate to the table that was even close to a common man. When a spoiled rich Republican from an oil family is seen as more of a common man than the best that the Democrats could bring. Well, that says tons about the best the Democrats have.

I would like to see both parties bring a really good canidate to the table. IMO Bush was the better canidate last time.

I'm glad that we currently have people like you complaining about President Bush, rather than people like me complaining about President Kerry.

About half of the country knew that GW was not the right choice to lead us again.

Did I want Bush OR Kerry in Office? Hell no. However, I saw the fuckup that was Bush already. I'm not certain Kerry could have done much worse than this President in his second term.

I'd MUCH rather be here listening to you complaining about Kerry than seeing Bush run this country into the ground until 2008.

I've had a few friends come back to me and say 'you were right' when I laid out my reasons on how Bush would screw up more. Hell, even my most stubborn ex-girlfriend that hates to admit when I am right called me recently to say she voted wrong and should have listened to what I said.

A policy of pre-emptivism is the policy of a madman who is losing control of a situation

Actually it's a policy that unfortunately must be taken because of the rising ability and willingness of terrorist organizations such as Al Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiyah. Terrorist used to be just street thugs that law enforcement could deal with; now these dudes are as advanced and capable as some professional militaries. You obviously suggest we just get kicked in the nuts before doing anything...that's great thinking right there. You were the kid who got pummeled in school because you couldn't stand up for yourself and take action, right?

Nothing here refutes anything I said. The point of the statement, "we are losing control of the situation." It's obvious we are losing control, and pre-emptivism is merely a façade to keep the American people believing in Shrub's judgement.

(And if you aren't questioning his judgement, I'm still looking for those WMD's, and don't forget...

http://homepage.mac.com/brianflemming/iblog/images/bush_aircraft_carrier_photo.jpg )

It's not a matter of waiting til you get kicked in the nuts, it's a matter of making sure punching someone in the face won't get you a kick in the ass from someone else.

***We as Americans don't even have the same rights and privileges we used to.

Really, and which ones are we missing?

Specifically, as of right now, privacy. SEE: Wiretaps, Patriot Act.

For fuck sake, the fact that they've used the Patriot Act in court cases which had NOTHING to do with terrorism is enough to make any person who isn't a sheep cringe.

"If you don't have anything to hide, you don't have anything to worry about."

I never thought I would hear those words from a goverment official of our country.

The erosion of liberty is exactly that. An erosion. Slow, consistent, and ultimately devastating.

Why? Cause you are somehow better or more important than he is?

Gee, maybe that was just JR's way of saying he's glad we don't have Kerry in office. Seems like a fairly simple comment.

That is what I thought too. Dammit, I hate when I am wrong. :D
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

And a damn fine job of it they are doing.[:/]