warpedskydiver

Motorcyclist Clocked at 155 Mph Jailed

Motorcyclist Clocked at 155 Mph Jailed
By Associated Press

LIVINGSTON, La. - A motorcyclist has been given a couple of days to think about the record he set _ at least in the minds of state troopers.

Brian Samuel Willis, 20, was clocked zooming down Interstate 12 on Sunday at 155 miles per hour _ more than two times the speed limit 70, state police said.

"That may be the fastest of all-time in the state," said Trooper Ryan Riley of Troop A. "I can't confirm it, but I don't think anyone has ever gotten anybody at 155. The fastest I know of is like 144."

Riley said he was traveling westbound about 6 p.m. when he got the motorcycle in his radar. Maneuvering his vehicle to the other side of the interstate, Riley tried to follow Willis, but the black Yamaha R6 ducked off the roadway onto state highway 441 and traveled south to state highway 42, Riley said.

At that point, Livingston Parish sheriff's deputies and Springfield police chased Willis back toward Riley, who made the arrest, he said.

"He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident," Riley said. "He just said he didn't think he was going that fast and he didn't know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130."

Willis motorcycle was impounded and he was booked for reckless operation of a vehicle, flight from an officer and speeding, Riley said.

"The judge refused to set the bond until Tuesday," Riley said. "I think she is going to let him spend a few days in jail."

Gee I sure am glad I have never gone that fast or faster...cough:|

"He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident," Riley said. "He just said he didn't think he was going that fast and he didn't know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130."

That could be an honest mistake. I got a motorcycle tickets once for doing 122. I never saw the cop on the two lane road untill he pulled on the left side of me on the incoming traffic lane doing 122 himself, and had me pull over. At that speed you have tunnel vision. You see nothing but whats in front of you
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

"He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident," Riley said

he was booked for reckless operation of a vehicle, flight from an officer and speeding,

Huih? How can you get done for flight from an officer if you pull over as soon as you see them?

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

That could be an honest mistake. I got a motorcycle tickets once for doing 122. I never saw the cop on the two lane road untill he pulled on the left side of me on the incoming traffic lane doing 122 himself, and had me pull over. At that speed you have tunnel vision. You see nothing but whats in front of you

I bet he knew how fast he was going but I agree, I bet he didn't see them. I clocked 167mph on a private road and the tunnel vision was just crazy, it was a pretty narrow road with hedges about 5 feet high on either side which made it worse.

It might have been his turning. ;)

Oh I see, when you "duck" of a road that's the sign of a fleeing man. :D

I gotta stop doing those ducking turns off roads or the cops will think i've done something wrong. B|

Edited for spelling.

I raced for 10 years in the WERA series and ran as high as 180 on the banks of Daytona and never had tunnel vision. Is this a strait line thing?

But he knew he was in the shit. Ducked off the highway, then tried to get back on when the local police showed up in front.

I got a 135mph ticket in NC once. I was scrubbing in tires for the Rockingham race on the clover leaf out side of Fayeteville. I would do 2 or 3 laps than back to the shop swap rims and out again. Worked good for about 3 hours then blam! blue was a sitten under the pass a awaiten' on me!

Youth, we sure are dumb when young aint we?:$
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It might have been his turning. ;)

Oh I see, when you "duck" of a road that's the sign of a fleeing man. :D

I gotta stop doing those ducking turns off roads or the cops will think i've done something wrong. B|

Edited for spelling.

Right, to prove flight the state has to establish the driver knew the cop was pursuing. Ducked, turned, who knows. BTW, it will probably be a jury trial.

Because maybe he lied to the officer and actually only pulled over once there was a hell of a lot of cars and he couldn't get away?

If he was trying to flee before, 'a hell of a lot of cars' would likely make it much easier to get away. The black and white can't keep up without putting a lot of people at risk, and even then would need to be suicidal himself.

I raced in B, C, D and Twins Sport and Superbike.

I raced a GSXR-750 in B and later a ZX-7.
In C I had a 600 Ninja (pre-ZX days)
In D I raced a 250 Ninja.

I had a VF 500 Interceptor I ran too, but it was more for fun than any actual competitivenes.

I ran the 250 in the Twins buta gain just for fun.

I built a VFR1000RF for the Track but never got cleared to race it.

Back to the original post. Lane splitting allows the Bike to get away but is far riskier than pulling over and accepting the ticket. I would imagine even more costly if something goes wrong.

I did my stupid stuff when young too. But I learned with our the pain of a wreck.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Dude how do you get caught doing 155.
By the time the cop gets to 60 your about a half a mile away. You take the first exit then your out.

Oh well. I hope the dude gets a good lawyer.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I raced for 10 years in the WERA series and ran as high as 180 on the banks of Daytona and never had tunnel vision. Is this a strait line thing?

It is a surroundings thing.
If you are on a flat road with nothing around you it wont happen. But when you have trees and bushes on the side of the road they become a blur. Like a green line. But I only felt that above 160. Never as low as the 120s.

If you are on a flat road with nothing around you it wont happen. But when you have trees and bushes on the side of the road they become a blur. Like a green line. But I only felt that above 160. Never as low as the 120s.

Hi Darius, keep in mind that some people have very poor peripheral vision...maybe motorcyles aren't for them.

Hi Darius, keep in mind that some people have very poor peripheral vision...maybe motorcyles aren't for them.

Also a lot of it has nothing to do with actual vision, its a perception/concentration thing. You're moving so fast coming up on other vehicles and the like, that all your concentration is forward. As you get better at it, your perception should widen. B|

Gavin

Gavin

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you don't take it out and use it, its going to rust.

155 mph
crowded conditions
tunnel vision

>:(

I hope they take away his bike and permanently remove any right to a license for a bike. And do it for anyone that acts this stupid

If someone wants to go fast, there's races and training for that.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Dude how do you get caught doing 155.
By the time the cop gets to 60 your about a half a mile away. You take the first exit then your out.

Because radios are faster than motorcycles and cop cars...

That why you take our first exit when the guy has no idea where you are what is he going to radio?