warpedskydiver

HS teachers and the Indoctrination of our youth

the thread itself began by commenting on such a comparison

i disagree; this thread had nothing to do with a comparison between nazi germany and anything else at its onset. thus, your call to mootness is moot. B|

further, you're correct...high school students (at least some of them) are not mindless zombies to be shaped into whatever artist comes their way. however, that is not the point. the point is that geography teacher #douche bag deserves the shalacking that he is receiving because he was in the wrong when he decided to run his mouth about his own personal beliefs. it is his responsibility to not sucumb to douche-baggery as he is the one who is supposed to be in control of that classroom.

further still, you're correct again; there is no inherent right to not be offended (i'm a big supporter of this). however, this is not a case of someone being offensive. this is a case of someone abusing their position of leadership in a setting that requires impartiality. he fucked up, plain as daylight, and he got caught red-handed.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Well when so many on the Reich Wing are on it.. maybe SOMEONE needs to point out the similarities..

Yea, and it's really great to have a balanced moderate like you on the forum to do the job . . . :o:D

High-fuckin'-five! :D

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

High-fuckin'-five!

Better join up now Jeffrey.... you want to get in on the ground floor for the martial law that will be here in no time.. oh yeah thats right.. you are peacefull... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

can you say OXYmoron:ph34r:

By the way when we meet I have a cheap beer for you..:o

>

My oldest in her first year in college records as well with or without her prof. knowledge. So far have not heard any prof. going on any rants.

Serious ethical and possible legal breach if she does it without the instructor's consent. No different than recording a concert without consent.

I think that's only about telephone conversations where one party is not informed that the other is recording. You don't have a presumption of privacy in "public." You can't stop people from taking your photograph, why should you be able to stop them from recording the things you say?

If there is a university policy against recording, that's different, but still would not carry the force of law.

-
-Jeffrey

High-fuckin'-five!

Better join up now Jeffrey.... you want to get in on the ground floor for the martial law that will be here in no time.. oh yeah thats right.. you are peacefull... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

can you say OXYmoron:ph34r:

By the way when we meet I have a cheap beer for you..:o

You do plenty of justice to the obvious truth that liberals are not, in fact, the easygoing humanity-lovers they try to pretend they are. There is no compassion in you. I sense such ill-will from you it's not even funny. What made you so bitter, I do not know, but it's clear that you are. I suspect that it's probably a very good thing that it will be easy to spot you and avoid you should we ever be around the same DZ... :|

Oh, and what are you going to do when the martial law that you swear is coming "in no time" does not arrive? Will you be like those whackos with the sandwich boards that predict a specific date for the world to end, and when it doesn't, they just make a new sign with a later date?

-
-Jeffrey

Please stop referring to any persons not in the Nazi party as Nazi's

It is a complete insult by any standard, and doing so in a face to face discussion would be entirely stupid at best.

Not to mention the fact that it completely trivializes what the actual Nazis actually did. :|

But that won't matter to those who don't actually care about insulting the memory of 6 million Jews, and others, who were murdered. The fake compassion of the Left is immediately shed when there are insult points to be scored. They take such glee in petty barbs.

-

So lets all stop this crap of calling people Nazi's unless you want to be called murderers and Anti Semites and Communists...

IS THAT FAIR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

edited to be nice ok?

-Jeffrey

Dont flatter yourself.....

If I was the last woman on earth....and I only had men( and I use that term loosely) with these kinda attitudes about people and our country....I would blow my fucking brains out and let the human race die out.

Why are you worried about other people's alleged threats against you when you are already obviously suicidal?

You "know" that martial law is coming...
and if it does, you plan to blow your brains out.

What difference does it make, then, for others to threaten you?

-
-Jeffrey

In your case Jeffrey.... nah aint gonna go there. let your mind wander over the possibilities.

reply]What difference does it make, then, for others to threaten you?

PEACEFUL... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUDE.. get a grip on yourself.:S

Not suicidal.. and never have been..... there you go with the projection again...IF you are considering that please.. there are professionals who can help you.
My point was if I had to put up with a man in the REICH Wing.... like several of you here in SC.... and some kind of apocalypse occured that would be a justifiable solution rather than have to put up with one of you.
I can REALLLLY understand why so many of you guys have such relationship issues.. most women I know would not want to put up with your... "issues" and constant bleating about all the things that make your lives worthwhile to you.

You "know" that martial law is coming...

Tommy Franks seems to think it is.. and since he was in a position to have a pretty good idea.. I take him for his word.

If I was the last woman on earth....and I only had men( and I use that term loosely) with these kinda attitudes about people and our country....I would blow my fucking brains out and let the human race die out.

Couldn't you just utilize your right to an abortion?

this is not a case of someone being offensive.

That's what it looks like to me. As I said before, I myself was offended by such Hitler comparisons but I still don't think the teacher should be disciplined solely on the basis of having made such a comparison.

Geography/History/Social Studies classes in high school thrive on the lively interchange of ideas and opinions. Without that it's a sure perscription for terminal boredom. Students tend to learn a lot less when they're bored than when they're interested.

The only relevant question is whether or not the teacher allowed for the expression of opinions running counter to his own and that cannot be determined unless a full, unedited version of the tape is produced.

EWWWWW that would mean I actually let the slimebag near me..... EWWWWWW

no, no...it's spermbag...i think that's more appropriate here. :D

man...i really must have pushed your button earlier...:):D
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Its a public forum, should'nt be an issue, as well as someone who is paying a fee to an institution for instruction.

Ask around, should be an interesting topic, no different than a student taking notes, dates, and quotes from their instructors on paper, don't think that would be a legal breach.

You bring up a good question, just don't have a answer on hand. Maybe a question for Lawrocket.

Amazon, is it that time of the month?!?

Wow kewl... mysogeny....

No wonder youlike Ralphs place....anti-gay... anti black... anti woman.. sounds like a poster child for the Oregon Citizens Alliance.

Aw come on Jeanne, Ralph welcomes women as long as they like to pick up the place, etc.;)

Glad you dropped the nazi reference from you sig. line:)

The guy is a Geography teacher. And he flat fucking lied as to what Bush said in his speech.

He is an ass hat and should be fired!!

Is it a lie if you lie about a proven liar?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have to admit i found some humor in this comment.

To anyone... I at first found this guys suspension to be a little silly even being a right winger...
until, I actually listened to the whole uncut version of this guys "lesson". Pretty disturbing in my opinion. Some definite brainwashing going on, especially if 150 kids walked out in support of this guy. The one student that tried to call him out, was hardly allowed to talk and every question was countered with either another question or another anti-american rant that was unrelated in an attempt to distract students from this other students valid points.
I have no problems with opinions being brought up in the classroom. It encourages thinking, as long as you allow and give time to the other side. This however was way out of bounds.
In my own experiences, regardless of how intelligent hs kids can be, they are still very open to "indroctrination" especially from teachers they admire. Should not be a teachers job, right or left, to try and recruit students to their side. Should be their job to stimulate thinking.

The guy is a Geography teacher. And he flat fucking lied as to what Bush said in his speech.

Come on Baby, lets do the twist.

You make me laugh

Thanks
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What in not being reported is as many (if not more) walked out in favor of his suspention.

Limbaugh said that all the kids were very smart, they realized a day off when they seen one:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hey John you should try ranting for an hour of your classtime and see how your students react...

no wait don't do that you may need your job so you can buy me beer!!!B|:D