peacefuljeffrey

Another high-profile shooting in gun-violence-free England

San Francisco, CA just passed a law (it is on hold and will be challenged in court) that bans firearm possession by those living in the city. This law orders the surrender of privately owned firearms to the city for destruction -- with no compensation to be made.

the ban is only on handguns, though sale and transfers of all weapons would be banned. The latter part might have better odds of surviving. Judge may not answer until June. He asked the city to delay all implementation until his verdict. Not sure it answered.

I'm not really sure how a resident is defined. I live in SF and have a lease. But I am registered to vote and for DMV across the bay. I suspect that I'd lose if I tried to claim I wasn't a resident, but it's an interesting thought.

I'm not really sure how a resident is defined. I live in SF and have a lease. But I am registered to vote and for DMV across the bay. I suspect that I'd lose if I tried to claim I wasn't a resident, but it's an interesting thought.

I gotta admire the cool detachment in the face of having one's Constitutional right taken away... :S

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I gotta admire the cool detachment in the face of having one's Constitutional right taken away... :S

much healthier than flying off the handle constantly, before the courts are given the opportunity to do what even the supporters expect (toss).

Actually Jeffrey is not a loon...he has his points of interest and is willing to explain himself fully...

I wish others were capable of the same

He has his points of interest, that much is obvious however, I dont think his explanations explain his arguement fully.

He obviously likes to debate on this forum and seems willing to ignore the facts in order to do so.

What I find to be a little "eccentric" about all of this though, is that its the same thread every time...with many of the same posters argueing with him.

Dont get me wrong, I find it amusing not annoying.
I guess my post was taken in a bad tone because of the context.

I should have just kept my keyboard untyped on.

Sorry.:)

good reason not to piss someone off in the US or commit a crime here huh?

What? So if I piss someone off in the US - say by accidently denting their car - then I might get shot and you think thats a good thing?

And you also think that a very high gun murder rate is an incentive not to commit a crime?

What the hell were you actually trying to say?

If you ACCIDENTLY do it that's OK. If you are a uncareing ignorant moron and do it I MAY shoot you. But only if you threatin me first;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Found this on another forum I post on, ex highway patrol officer...

About 30 miles from where I live there is the quiet town of Napoleonville. It has no more than 3 or 4 traffic signals and is located in a very rural area. An officer was killed this week in this quiet place, during an arrest of a drug suspect

The police officer was working wednesday with seven other narcotics task force deputies on Georgette Street south of Napoleonville. The officer and another deputy approached suspected drug dealers parked illegally on the street. When the deputies walked toward the car, the driver put the vehicle in reverse, speeding down the street backward until it ran off the road into a ditch.

The other deputy and the slain officer tried to arrest the driver who fought the other deputy, trying to take his gun away. During the struggle, the gun discharged, striking the slain officer in the upper chest just above his bullet-proof vest.

The driver was booked with first-degree murder, aggravated flight from an officer and possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine.

Might add some fuel to the debate.

Found this on another forum I post on, ex highway patrol officer...

About 30 miles from where I live there is the quiet town of Napoleonville. It has no more than 3 or 4 traffic signals and is located in a very rural area. An officer was killed this week in this quiet place, during an arrest of a drug suspect

The police officer was working wednesday with seven other narcotics task force deputies on Georgette Street south of Napoleonville. The officer and another deputy approached suspected drug dealers parked illegally on the street. When the deputies walked toward the car, the driver put the vehicle in reverse, speeding down the street backward until it ran off the road into a ditch.

The other deputy and the slain officer tried to arrest the driver who fought the other deputy, trying to take his gun away. During the struggle, the gun discharged, striking the slain officer in the upper chest just above his bullet-proof vest.

The driver was booked with first-degree murder, aggravated flight from an officer and possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine.

Might add some fuel to the debate.

Are you saying that a trained, armed officer was slain? But that can't happen; armed citizens prevent homicides. It's the American way. You must be mistaken.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ummmm John?...the pistol was the cops pistol![:/]

He was killed by a legal handgun!

Using this as a reason to support a ban of legal handguns in the USA would be just as absurd/stupid/insane/irrational as PJ using the original story in this post for bashing the UK and its gun laws so I won't go there.

Hi, I was wondering if you realize I am staunch believer in all of our constitutional rights and a strong proponent of the second ammendment...

I guess I should have mentioned I am a Distinguished Lifetime Member of the NRAB|

Oh and I have taught weapons retention...
I guess that cop didn't think it was worth spending $45 bucks for a class[:/]

It was in The Palm Beach fuckin' Post, man! In print, in my hand.

Oh, well if you read it in such a high quality vessel of world news it MUST be true!! If you really believe what you read in a newspaper to be true and without error you don't have a sniff!

Everytime they write a story about skydiving or BASE jumping, their info and statistics are almost always off. They get some of it right but more often than not they fuckit up. Same goes for every other story that they write. WAKE UP!!
SabreDave