tcnelson

6 yr old gets suspended for sexual harassment

Yea I heard about it on the news. Talk about fucking stupid.

The teachers and principle should be fired. If you can’t handle a simple satiation like that then you don’t belong in a classroom.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Okay so maybe it wasnt sexual harrassment, but personally I feel the kid was out of line. To insert fingers into the under-garments of another child is wrong.

The mother says she can not explain to her child that it is wrong because he has no understand of anything sexual, that in itself is wrong. I have a 6 yr old, he has a girlfriend that he plans to marry, they have kissed, he calls her "fancy" because she has short blond hair, is slender and wears pink clothing... is he thinking sex? NO , but there is a knowledge of the opposite gender and he is already showing a prefrence on what he likes in a girl.

A parent is supposed to teach their child about not invading others privacy, if another child stuck their hands in my sons under garments I would be furious. If it happened at school I would expect some form of discipline and if my child did it, I would expect discipline from the school as well as having another "my space, your space" talk with him. It is not the job of the teachers and administration to teach our kids manners and common respect. When it is violated to the extent it was, there should be some form of punishment (3 days is excessive for his age as well as the title of sexual harrassment) however it was a violation on another child.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

http://enterprise.southofboston.com/articles/2006/02/07/news/news/news02.txt

I don't think it was inside the undergarments...

I think it's sad that it's got blown out of all proportion. Now all the kids in the class/school are gonna be asking what sexual harassment means... how do you explain to a 6 year old that touching another child on the back / waist is 'sexual' harrassment...

Wonder how that's going to affect this boy when he goes back to school and all his classmates (and parent of his classmates) know he got suspended for this??

Crazy world :S

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

i would rather think that the parents who bring lawsuits from things like this should be shot. It's because of lawsuits, that teachers and principals end up playing it on an extremely safe level...

Thats a good point. I agree with you Lawsuits have gotin out of hand.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Hmmm... Apparently it was the 6-Year-Old "Victim" who complained that it was sexual harrassment!:o

I think that the boy's lawyer made a telling point in asking how the victim knows about sexual harrassment. Maybe the "investigation" should also focus on the girl?

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

INSIDE the waistband is NOT touching on the back.... ANYONE try touching the inside of my waist band without permission and see what happens. INSIDE INSIDE INSIDE

she said "inside the undergarments" and touch on the back/waist. calm down turbo.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

massatwoshits. :S

Very mature.

Another quote from the same AP article, which was quoted in full on CNN.com:

There have been similar cases. In 1996, a New York second-grader was suspended for kissing a girl and ripping a button off her skirt -- an idea the boy said he got from his favorite book "Corduroy," about a bear with a missing button. Earlier that year, a Lexington, North Carolina, 6-year-old was separated from his class after kissing a classmate on the cheek.

Damn liberal North Carolinians. Buncha commies.

:P thx

what I meant was 'inside the undergarments' (to me) is different from the 'inside the waistband' ... if you grab a friends kid by the waist of their pants... is that sexual harrasssment??!! The girl involved now has the idea that it is... what if her parent / babysitter does exactly that, say to stop her running out into traffic??

I just think they should have thought alot more carefully about the words they were using when they described this. Now there is a 6 year old who believes she is a victim of a sexual assult and a 6 year old boy with sexual harrassment on his school records.

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Doesnt matter, it was inside her her clothing. Think of it this way, why would a child proactivley reach under another persons clothing? This boy is 6 yrs old. He should have been taught better, and he should now be pulled aside and taught why what he did was not nice. I think the school went to far, but I also think the mother failed in her job to instill in her child that "peoples bodies are their own, no one touches mine without permission and no one touches yours without permission, and if ever someone touches you and it makes you feel sad in your belly then you need to tell mommy, daddy, or your teacher" That is the exact opening to a talk I had with my own childern many years ago, and STILL have with them.

There is a fine line between good touch and bad touch these days. Often times it is better to error on the side that touching is bad when it is un-solicited esp when it is in regards to children. It is never acceptable for another person to touch under another persons clothing without approval or permission. At 6 these kids are not old enough to even gain that approval from each other or permission. If it were though a case of kids playing "doctor" (I have a feeling I will get a call one day about that since my son is a ladys man and tends to have many girlfriends and likes to kiss them on the cheek or hold their hand) it would be different, however if kids play doctor they STILL need to be talked to about it.

This is a different world then what we were raised in. I have within 26 miles of my house 3 registered sex offenders, if I were to allow my child to think it is okay for other kids his age to touch his body under his clothing whose to say he is old enough to realzie that an adult doing the same thing is not only illigal but something that can scar him for life.

Think of it this way, why would a child proactivley reach under another persons clothing?

i've pulled people around by their waistband lots of times. i'm sure that you can envision a scenario that involved this kid grabbing her waistband and that action not being sexual in nature. that's my only point. i'm not saying that one should let that behavior continue or that there should be no consequences; i'm saying that it's highly probable that the kid did not do it for some sexual reason.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Oh I can bet it was NOT his intention to be sexual, however the little girl was not moving when he did so from what I understand. I hate that it is defined in his record as sexual, but there is a limit to what they can define it.

Dear heavenly days -- what would happen if some kid were to give another kid a wedgie now?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

what would happen if some kid were to give another kid a wedgie now?

That would be assault. I want grandbabies in like 50 years.

Edit to add, I cant believe I just wrote that, I was the one in my house who taught my kids how to give wedgies [:/]

what would happen if some kid were to give another kid a wedgie now?

That would be assault. I want grandbabies in like 50 years.

Edit to add, I cant believe I just wrote that, I was the one in my house who taught my kids how to give wedgies [:/]

I gave another guy a wedgie so good that it tore his underpants just the other day. Does that make me a homosexual predator? :)(Oh no, now she's never going to speak to me again...;))

Edit: Added the "homo"
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

It seems the officials went way over the top. People can get over-emotional over what appears to be an innocuous act.

From the link supplied: "The first-grader was suspended for three days for sexual harassment after he put two fingers inside a classmate's waistband."

...and you turned it into this:

To insert fingers into the under-garments

if another child stuck their hands in ...under garments I would be furious

it was a violation on another child.

First you make it into "under-garments", then you choose an emotionally charged "stuck their hands in ... under garments" and sum it all up as "a violation on another child".

I understand and agree with your statements but you bumped up the kids reported actions to another level.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".