SpeedRacer

Can a Christian make jokes about his own religion?

so anyway, I'm a Christian, yet I still find Monty Python jokes & movies about Christianity funny.

So what do you think: Can you Love something and Believe in something, and yet still make jokes about it???
;):D
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

You can if you want to. I mean, who's going to stop you? <<<<

Sangiro will. He had done it before, and he may just do it again.:P

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Why the hell not?

I'm deaf, and I make jokes about deafness all the time.

Of course, it usually is only funny when a person makes fun of something they are. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

heh....this is so old but it makes me laugh.

How do you know an insomniac dyslexic agnostic?

He lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

:D

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

so anyway, I'm a Christian, yet I still find Monty Python jokes & movies about Christianity funny.

So what do you think: Can you Love something and Believe in something, and yet still make jokes about it???
;):D

of course, you silly alcoholic.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

heh....this is so old but it makes me laugh.

How do you know an insomniac dyslexic agnostic?

He lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

linz

..which reminds me of this one:

What happened to the dyslexic devil worshippers?

-they sold their souls to santa...

:)

Because humans are constantly trying to belittle Almighty God. They want to bring God down to their earthly level, since they can never attain His height,

Therefore the don't consider the foolishness of their comments, nor do they restrict them, and there is sifficient evidence of that in many of the posts on DZ.com.

Many others just don't want to believe in Him, and all He is, complete truth, righteousness, Holiness, and therefore the place no self restrictions on their "jokes" thinking that they are funny and won't be held accountable for their blaspheous remarks.

WOW....are they in for a big surprise.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall also reap

Galatians 6:7

Bill Cole

Just some thoughts ...& feelings

As far as I got it true Christianity (like Christ taught ) has a high tolerance level for all things.... sins and sinners included.

Blasphemy as far as I can see is not respecting creation ie all things.
To kill in the name of God or attack a fellow human because they're different is a fair bit more serious than making a joke about God.

Personally I get the feeling that God ( the poor ol feller ) wants a bit more humour and would appreciate if we all lightened up a bit. (S)he'd probably like a peer or threee to chat with occassionally even an upstart human to give a belly laugh if poss. If the most powerful thing in all creation, ie the creator ,can't take a little joke then its probably a fake god created by intolerant humans.

Religious people are religious because they need to get the message meaning they mustn't already know. We probably all need reminding to be good .

In the end it's all spiritualism although religions some-how manage to polarise us instead of bringing us together.

:)

absolutely...the minute you become incapable of being able to joke about the things you normally take seriously is the same minute that you lose perspective.

in the case of christianity, there obviously have been a large number of people turned off by the overbearing, holier-than-thou, super christians that have lost sight of the fact that one of the main tennants of the religion is humility. it's fine to believe strongly but, you won't win hearts and minds by wagging fingers and yelling.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Sangiro will. He had done it before, and he may just do it again.:P

Now THERE'S a giant load of horse shit.

Which banning are you talking about? I lurk around SC a LOT, and have yet to see anyone banned for their religious commentary.

This last guy -- well, he practically BEGGED the mods to ban him, and he got precisely what he asked for. No problem.

No sir, every one I've seen banned from here has been due to multiple disregard of the simple rules, none of which has anything to do with religion, and all of which exist to ensure a happy experience for all. :)

. . =(_8^(1)

Well i'm sure heaven with your God is going to be a laugh a minute.

I hear it’s all Mormons building crafts projects from egg cartons, magic markers and glitter. Should be an eternal hoot, not that I'll get to find out since all lawyers are assigned to a special place in the afterlife (oh why didn't they tell me that until _after_ my tuition checks cleared).

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

:)HAAAAA:DHAA:DHAAAAAAAA:D
Yeah, I know, I've posted this before. Seems very appropriate for this thread.
Admit it Chuteless, you laughed. If not, lighten up, it's just a joke.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

...since all lawyers are assigned to a special place in the afterlife (oh why didn't they tell me that until _after_ my tuition checks cleared).

There's an extra special place for you, Bluto dear, because I need another cabana boy.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Be ye not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall also reap
Bill Cole
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is
Jeremiah 17:7

I added a word you missed from the original 1941 King James Version of the Holy Bible. By the way, i'm a religous man myself, and i'd match wits with you verse by verse, chapter by chapter in the bible any day. I've been accused of being a religous zealot many times, now i'm saying that's what i think you are. You removed your bible verse from your sig line...why?? Because i "Called you out" when i posted your PM to me? Stiff upper lip man! All of this said the whole point of me saying this to you is "I can't stand a religous zealot" Talk it...Be it, or STFU. Bam...Cold Bang.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Be ye not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall also reap
Bill Cole
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is
Jeremiah 17:7

I added a word you missed from the original 1941 King James Version of the Holy Bible. By the way, i'm a religous man myself, and i'd match wits with you verse by verse, chapter by chapter in the bible any day. I've been accused of being a religous zealot many times, now i'm saying that's what i think you are. You removed your bible verse from your sig line...why?? Because i "Called you out" when i posted your PM to me? Stiff upper lip man! All of this said the whole point of me saying this to you is "I can't stand a religous zealot" Talk it...Be it, or STFU. Bam...Cold Bang.

do you hear that?

that's the sound of no one clapping.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...