Andy9o8

Prove Christ exists, Italian judge orders priest

I'm surprised the courts haven't simply thrown the case out as not being within their jusrisdiction. It isn't a matter for a civil court in any country to decide on the validity of a worldwide religion. The plaintiff is plainly wasting the court's time and resources with a frivolous lawsuit.

The article mentions Josephus, a 1st century Jewish historian who worked and wrote for the Romans. Josephus wrote several historical, non-scriptural references to Jesus as a man, and about his execution by the state. There are some scholars who even think that Josephus may have known Jesus personally (in the flesh, that is) and might even be the same Joseph of Arimathea who allowed Jesus' burial in his own private tomb.

Once again the damned atheists are just trying to foist their obnoxious views by legal fiat, as the law is obviously their brand of religion.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Guess Father Enrico Righi is screwed since there isn't any difinitive proof of the existence of Jesus...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This is a dangerous position to take. Jesus is THE single most influential, most researched person in history. Quibble all you want about His divinity, but you risk trashing your credibility if you claim He never existed.

There is more evidence that Jesus is who He claimed to be than there is proof that you exist.

Cheers,
Jon S.

I didn't say he never existed. But proving he existed would be very diffucult. What books did he write? Where was he buried? Is there any physical proof that he existed? What did he look like? Are there any paintings or drawings of him from his era? I have never heard or read of any answers to these questions that are very credible.

Bullshit:

www.jesus.com goes to Metropolitan community churches.

www.alexcrowley.com goes to my webpage

1 0 to me.

There are several commercially available DVDs of me.

Jesus is not in any DVDs. Only people pretending to be him.

2 0 to me.

I have recorded several CDs that were released commercially.

Not once in the bible does Jesus refer to his Marshall stack or his 'axe'.

3 0 to me.

I have a drivers license.

Jesus didnt.

4 0.

I think its clear. I could do this all day.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

There is more proof that Jesus existed than anyone in early history.

Most people, I am sure , believe that Alexander the Great existed, and there are no pictures of him, just reports of his existence and what he did.

Why would anyone believe he existed, and not Jesus, who had many reports written about what he did, by many eye witnesses.

You pick and chose who you want to acknowledfge, and reject those you dont want....yet the ones you say existed have less evidence from eye witnesses that Christ.

Ever leatrning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

Bill Cole...

[There is more evidence that Jesus is who He claimed to be than there is proof that you exist.

if you are asserting this as fact, you have some serious comprehension issues with the definition of "evidence".

There is more proof that Jesus existed than anyone in early history.

Most people, I am sure , believe that Alexander the Great existed, and there are no pictures of him, just reports of his existence and what he did.

Why would anyone believe he existed, and not Jesus, who had many reports written about what he did, by many eye witnesses.

the difference is there are multiple (not the tiny handful that support christ)credible, historically verifiable, cross referenced and unbaised accounts that document the existence of Alexander...

everything about your carpenter comes from believers, the faithful, those who's implicit stated goal was to spread a religion......:S

it falls under the heading of 'propaganda' and not 'evidence' or 'eye witness accounts'

but of course your belief continues to cause you some internal confusion about the differences in 'evidence' and 'faith'

There is much more evidence then just reports of Alexander the Greats's existence. There is very little evidence to support exitence of Jesus. The bible and a few other writings are the only evidence. That isn't much.

How does Jesus talk back to you? Is it a voice in your head?

You have to find Jesus before He'll talk to you.

Bill found Him hiding behind the couch.

(:D kidding Bill, just kidding. Hey, the Big Guy's gotta have a sense of humor, right?)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Lol, I am not surprised by the ignorant comment you just made, considering you are posting from the US. Self inflicted PA is a rule exception...lol.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Lets go over this slowly using smaller words:

1. I am not a native USian.
2. It's not a personal attack unless its directly addressed to a poster: calling you an idiot would be an attack, calling all Americans idiots is not an attack.
3. Test it yourself, find some random americans and ask them to point at Italy without reading the country names first.
4. Humor: look into it, it may come as quite a shock.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

The 'jesus doesn't exist at all' statement is a little far fetched. Whilst i admit that it takes a certain step of faith to accept Jesus as God, the actual existance of Jesus himself is not a hotly debated theological issue. Indeed, even famous atheists such as Strauss and Nietzsche believed Jesus existed as a person simply did not believe in God. Put it this way. Even ignoring roman historians (somehow a typical atheist would choose to hold this person in higher regard to a gospel writer for some reason) saying Jesus never existed is the same as saying 'mohammed never existed' or 'buda never existed' yet there is more evidance for the exitance of Jesus.

Please read what I have written carefully. I don't question the existence of Jesus. I am sure there was a person named Jesus. Now am I able to produce tangible proof that he existed, that is a totally different matter. I have never said that Jesus never existed.