Andy9o8

Prove Christ exists, Italian judge orders priest

Okay...let me give you another example.

The Spanish explorer Don Francisco Pizzaro, that murdered thousands of Incas in 1532 in peru.

The reports of his deeds were written by himself and by his supporters.

Since you never met Don Francisco Pizzaro, do you deny his existence, based on the reports of his deeds being written by his supporters, as you say Christ's supporters wrote about him, whom you deny.

There are many thousands of people who have been written about by their immediate supporters.......and history says they existed based on those reports.

Bill Cole

You have to find Jesus before He'll talk to you.

Reminds me of the joke that begins with the priest inviting the drunk to "find jesus" in the river, and ends with the drunk exclaiming "are you sure this is where he fell in?" ;)

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

...Not once in the bible does Jesus refer to his Marshall stack or his 'axe'...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If He did, would you be spending time in Bible study, prayer, and Sunday church attendance?

More to the point, if He did, would He be wagging his tongue like Nigel Tuffnel ("Spinal Tap") and complaining about the miniature bread backstage?

(Just had a thought - a parody of the last supper with the guys saying "...but then you get THIS, and I don't want THIS, I want...large bread...":D)

You haven't proven you exist; It could be someone else's post claiming you exist, and assigning a number of fictitious accomplishments to support the claim...

By the way, nice going on the CD's. I've accomplished many of the things in life I've always wanted to do: Theatre, taught myself guitar, play in a band, learn to skydive, raise good kids, and do radio. The one thing still left on my list is to record an album of songs written by a friend of mine. Perhaps someday.

Cheers,
Jon

...but of course your belief continues to cause you some internal confusion about the differences in 'evidence' and 'faith'

The "evidence" is available if you're interested in searching. This process begins with "faith." We cannot "prove" Jesus is who He claimed to be, but if you give Him a chance He can "prove" Himself to you.

By the way, if it were possible to prove this, would you receive this as good news, or would you be disappointed?

Cheers,
Jon S.

Funny how people assume that one excludes the other.

For instance, you don't know if I once studied, went to church, talked to God, led services, ran discussion groups about the church?

Or that anything else I said is true or false.

Only that the physical existence of someone called Alex Crowley that maps to someone a great deal like myself is clear.

Your question wasnt about online identity, but about documentary evidence about existence - tongue in cheek or not, the illustration was clear.

In fact it could be that Jesus and I laugh regularly together about the stuff we read on these religion threads. After all, why would my (or anyone elses) perception of Jesus be any more of less valid than any other human being - or are religious truths simply hollow popularity contests?

Isnt the truth of the pudding, as they say, in the eating?

But that brings us back to Jesus and sex, and that makes people really feel oogie.

As for your statement I haven't proved myself. It's all verifiable from multiple sources, including my family, government documentation, profesional wrestling fans, historians. In otherwords, far more primary sources than Jesus has available to him - whether you want to play the proof game or not. We could start using the old 'ahhh but you ate cereal X and that has 0.0003 parts hallucinogenic materials in it and under a certain circumstance will cause phantasms'.

It's bullshit, it's evasive and has nothing to do with the original statement. good luck on the CD. :)

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

...As for your statement I haven't proved myself. It's all verifiable from multiple sources, including my family, government documentation, profesional wrestling fans, historians. In otherwords, far more primary sources than Jesus has available to him - whether you want to play the proof game or not...

In just a few hundred years will any of these "sources" still be around? If people want to attempt to prove your alleged existence, what sources will they claim? And how will these sources be interpreted as being more credible than the sources describing the life of Jesus?

I believe that nobody will question the claim of your existence, because, by proving you really DID exist, this has no personal long-term ramifications for anyone who might believe in or reject you.

The reason people fight so hard to deny Christ is because, if He really is God, then they are obligated to either respond to Him or suffer consequences they don't want to believe could be possible.

Believing in Alex will carry no ramifications other than the ability to listen to some cool music.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Youre changing your argument.

If you stop moving your target i'll answer you.

And you're wrong as to why people ignore God. It's not just one reason. if you stopped oversimplifying it then you might be able to do what He asked and spread the good news a little more effectively....hmmmmmm? :P

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Hey look at me! look at me!

Over here!

:P

What?! where? I hear something, what's going on, am I missing something? something is happening? hello? Hello?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ha ha LOL that is very funny. Beauty is very subjective. Just because you think this "comprehensive description" of Jesus is not very attractive doesn't necessarily mean that someone else does. Just because somwhere there is a written description of Jesus doesn't mean it is accurate. It could be total fiction. How would you know if it were true?

Because God's WORD says it is. It is a very accurate description, and he looked nothing as He has been depicted.

Looking as He did, it must have made it easier ffor the Jews to have the Romans kill Him, and release Barabas, who likely ( I suppose) was much more acceptable in appearance. It would be hard for them to accept this man as the Son of God, for they would never believe that God would allow His Son to look like he did.

BTW. the desciption was written more than 700 years before Christ was born by the prophet Isaiah.

Bill Cole

It begins with Chapter 52: 13, and ends with chapter 53,verse 12.

Pay particular attention to 52:14:

As many were astonished at thee, his visage (looks) was so marred , more than ANY man, and his form more than the sons of men

53:3 He is dispiosed and rejected of men, a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief.and we hid as it were our faces from him, he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Read all the verses mentioned above, and study them.

There is actually more than meets the eys in them, but that is toooo much to try to explain here.

Bill Cole

>If you had a scale from 1 to 10, and 10 was the most handsome
>person, Jesus Christ would be between a 1 and a 2.

True. A "slain lamb with seven horns and seven eyes" (as Jesus will appear in the End Days, per Revelation) isn't going to give Brad Pitt a run for his money.