funks

>Gee, maybe all those liberal Congressmen should've voted against
>the use of force, then...

They would have, had they not been lied to. I suspect even if you were against a war you would vote for it if the vote was (supposedly) needed to protect america against an imminent threat.

>They would have, had they not been lied to. I suspect even if you were against a war you would vote for it if the vote was (supposedly) needed to protect america against an imminent threat.

Your killing me billvon, killing me.

In 1998 the New York Times, and the Washinton Post printed and ran many articles stating the dangers of S.H. and his desire to gain WMD. All in print, for the world and yes those of us here on DZ.com to read.

Congress and the Senate had access to the intelligence, yes the same the President had and voted for the use of force. Hell the President did'nt just jump into this war without first spending 14 months speaking with the UN concerning said intel.

Congress and the Senate must be full of a bunch of sapps if they as you say were lied to. By who? The New York Post, or the Washinton Times? They are on record concerning the votes they cast which had nothing to do with a lie but intel that was being reported two years prior to Bush ever taking office.

The question I have is, did the New York Times and the Washinton Post report the truth or were they just lies to provide cover for a President under fire. And if it was the truth then were is the lie you seem to be looking for.

Someone is telling some big lies, and it looks like the NYT and WP have some explaining to do. Its not the first time they have been caught.

But I know those who are filled with hate, when it comes to this president, must, I hope, not allow that hate to consume them.

Cheers

>In 1998 the New York Times, and the Washinton Post printed and
> ran many articles stating the dangers of S.H. and his desire to gain
> WMD. All in print, for the world and yes those of us here on DZ.com
> to read.

And they later apologized for believing the administration and not doing more investigation. Yep, a lot of people were fooled.

>Congress and the Senate must be full of a bunch of sapps if they
>as you say were lied to. By who? The New York Post, or the
>Washinton Times?

Colin Powell, for one. He also calls his speech calling for war the low point of his career.

You might be listening to the MSM too much.

I'd probably need to know what it is to listen to it.

I'm not sure what the long list was supposed to settle, either. The question is one for the US - are 2000 soldiers and hundreds of billions of dollars being spent well for our needs? The answer may be yes, but it's moronic to refuse to consider the question. We don't owe Iraq (esp) or any other nation anything, even if the UN won't do it's job.

Gee, maybe all those liberal Congressmen should've voted against the use of force, then...

And contend that they shoulder some of the responsibility too? And that they continue to fund it? That would require a liberal to acknowledge reality. :S:P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Gee, maybe all those liberal Congressmen should've voted against the use of force, then...

And contend that they shoulder some of the responsibility too? And that they continue to fund it? That would require a liberal to acknowledge reality. :S:P

Nope...it would have required honesty from the people pushing the agenda. Yes, the spineless legislators who voted for these measures without fulling understanding them are culpable. But, look at the big picture. They wouldn't have been pressured into going along if it weren't for the rabid nature of the conservative idealogues. The liberals who voted for it are guilty of being wimps. The conservatives are bullies.

You might be listening to the MSM too much.

Did you know that 47 countries have reestablished their embassies in Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq?

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational?! They have 5- 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

http://www.defendamerica.mil/iraq/rebuilding.html

Not bad for 2000 dead US soldiers, 35000 wounded, and 250 billion dollars. An efficient use of resources I would say.

Phil

[reply

Can someone please explain what the fuck Bush has sacrificed?

What a dickhead.

Wow, I can't believe some of the crap you people say in here. Some of you should be more concerned with what you have or can sacrifice. I know theres more than a few backseat drivers here that haven't done shit, yet still bitch and complain.

Fuckin Hypocrites

And now I leave the speakers corner..............

And now I leave the speakers corner..............

Before he gets ripped to rhetorical shreds.

If you read that Constitution which you are sworn to defend, you will notice that the right to free speech is enumerated in the First Amendment, because the Founding Fathers felt it was pretty damn important. Don't you?

The right too dissent is what has made this country strong, not a bloated military.

I think to many people in hear assume that the right to be heard is the same as the right to be taken seriously. ;)

You can claim all day long that we were lied to by this President. If you dont think that Saddam Hussein was a danger to the U.S. and our allies, you are sadly confused. The assumptions that Iraq had/or was working to build a WMD arensal was shared by numerous intelligence agencies around the world. I personally dont believe that Hussein would have attacked us directly with a WMD. I am certain however, that he would have had no qualms about using such a weapon against Israel, or providing a WMD to a terrorist group that would gladly have used it against Israel.

Some of you would still argue that perhaps this is still not our problem. I could not disagree with you more. If a WMD were to be used agaisnt Israel, it would most assuredly retaliate against Iraq with nuclear weapons. I think you can all see how that scenario would play itself out.

President Bush made a difficult and controversial decision. Any decision to go to war is sure to garner a certain amount of resentment. But, that is what our President is supposed to do. That is where President Clinton failed in my opinion. His administration did nothing to prevent this situation.

"Insurance should called In case shit happens, if shit don't happen shouldn't I get my money back?"

In his speech, Bush said, “We’ve lost some of our nation’s finest men and women in the war on terror. A time of war is a time for sacrifice.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9772398/

Can someone please explain what the fuck Bush has sacrificed?

What a dickhead.

What has Bush sacrificed? Probably his humanity. Can you imagine being personaly responsible for sending 2,000 US service personel to their deaths? How about the untold wounded he visits each week?

A dickhead? Is the world so black and white that you think the president sent us to war because he's a dickhead? Are the concepts so simple that someone who's not a dickhead could steer us out of this mess?!?

The administration "lied" only in the sense that the WMD were NOT the reason to invade Iraq. The decision was made that we needed a military presence in a Middle Eastern country in order to diffuse and hamper a growing culture of HATE towards the US and free societies. Was it a bad lie? Sure. But every intelligence agency in the free world believed Saddam Hussein had WMD, and it was the perfect excuse. Iran? Too troubling...and maybe they'd fall on their own. Syria? Why not, but Iraq was more "evil". The point is, the Middle East has been a fertile ground for a psuedo political religeous doctrine that is the antethesis of Western culture...and it was time to establish a presence there. Correct policy? I don't know...only time will tell. Lied? I guess, although I think "wrong excuse" is more like it.

2,000 personel have perished in Iraq. 2,000 kids will not come home. Is it the right policy? I don't know. But it sure isn't because we have a dickhead for a president.

I sat at my desk at 8:46 on 9/11 and was speaking to a counterpart in NY when the first plane struck. I listened ever so painfully that morning as the buildings burned and people jumped from the upper floors. I know EXACTLY who the dickheads are and they aren't George Bush.

And so I would ask that you set politics aside, take a look at the world around you, and soak in the philosophies that argue for your attention. One exists around the notion that all are free to set their own path. One argues that God is the absolute and their brand of religion is it or else. And choose.

2,000 kids gave their lives over the past 3 years deciding for you. Honor them.

>Gee, maybe all those liberal Congressmen should've voted against
>the use of force, then...

They would have, had they not been lied to. I suspect even if you were against a war you would vote for it if the vote was (supposedly) needed to protect america against an imminent threat.

Quite nice, being able to post with perfect 20/20 hindsight, isn't it?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What has Bush sacrificed? Probably his humanity. Can you imagine being personaly responsible for sending 2,000 US service personel to their deaths? How about the untold wounded he visits each week?

A dickhead? Is the world so black and white that you think the president sent us to war because he's a dickhead? Are the concepts so simple that someone who's not a dickhead could steer us out of this mess?!?

The administration "lied" only in the sense that the WMD were NOT the reason to invade Iraq. The decision was made that we needed a military presence in a Middle Eastern country in order to diffuse and hamper a growing culture of HATE towards the US and free societies. Was it a bad lie? Sure. But every intelligence agency in the free world believed Saddam Hussein had WMD, and it was the perfect excuse. Iran? Too troubling...and maybe they'd fall on their own. Syria? Why not, but Iraq was more "evil". The point is, the Middle East has been a fertile ground for a psuedo political religeous doctrine that is the antethesis of Western culture...and it was time to establish a presence there. Correct policy? I don't know...only time will tell. Lied? I guess, although I think "wrong excuse" is more like it.

2,000 personel have perished in Iraq. 2,000 kids will not come home. Is it the right policy? I don't know. But it sure isn't because we have a dickhead for a president.

I sat at my desk at 8:46 on 9/11 and was speaking to a counterpart in NY when the first plane struck. I listened ever so painfully that morning as the buildings burned and people jumped from the upper floors. I know EXACTLY who the dickheads are and they aren't George Bush.

And so I would ask that you set politics aside, take a look at the world around you, and soak in the philosophies that argue for your attention. One exists around the notion that all are free to set their own path. One argues that God is the absolute and their brand of religion is it or else. And choose.

2,000 kids gave their lives over the past 3 years deciding for you. Honor them.

How interesting. I feel enlighted. You ask many questions which you immediately answer by yourself but, all of those answers start with: perhaps? why? I don't know... I don't know..... So, what do you really know?

But you know EXACTLY who the dickheads are. Who is it? :|

PS:
"2000 kids gave their lives..." They did NOT! Their lives were taken away. Big difference. [:/] Blame it to the one who sent them into that horrible war.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

You are assuming he cares. Not everybody is as caring as you seem to be.
Except maybe a handful of people in DZ who also cares about the 10.000+ inocent civilians killed when trying to stablish a military presence on the region.

I don´t thinl the problem is that he is a dickhead. He is a dickhead, mind you. But i think that the problem is a major conflict of interests. There is too many people high in the chain of command that has a lot to gain with this war.

So I ask you, do you think it is okay to invade a sovereign country just to stablish a military presence on the region?
Would it be okay if Europe decided to invade the U.S to stablish a military presence on America?

It is because the fearful U.S citizenship are so easily pushed around by the government with threats.

I was in atocha train station everyday at the time the bombs went off, i was lucky that day i fell asleep. Another terrorist group exploded a bomb car in the very same street a live (50 meters away from my house) and i didn´t support war against any country. So knock it off with 9/11, you lost all simpathy from the world. We don´t apreciate knee jerk reaction that affect the whole world.

My philophy is to treat people like you would like to be treated, and it seems to be working so far.
I was tempted to go by the "I will do it because i can" philosophy, and the "i can do it because i am good no matter what, you cannot do it because you are evil no matter what" But i realized that there was too many people with those philosophis and decided to be a bit diferent.

You are assuming he cares. Not everybody is as caring as you seem to be.
Except maybe a handful of people in DZ who also cares about the 10.000+ inocent civilians killed when trying to stablish a military presence on the region.

It's hopefully more than a handful. And shame on all of us for turning a blind eye as the prior regime executed the citizenry by the hundreds of thousands.
And yes, I do believe he cares quite deeply. But that's my subjective opinion.

I don´t thinl the problem is that he is a dickhead. He is a dickhead, mind you. But i think that the problem is a major conflict of interests. There is too many people high in the chain of command that has a lot to gain with this war.

I really don't think this war is an effort to pad Dick Cheny's wallet. Dick can do that on his own quite readily. But if we want to have the blood-for-oil discussion, perhaps we should start with the UN oil-for-food program that seems to have benefited so many of Saddam's European supporters.

So I ask you, do you think it is okay to invade a sovereign country just to stablish a military presence on the region?
Would it be okay if Europe decided to invade the U.S to stablish a military presence on America?

In one sense, Europe already has a military presence here via the NATO partnership.

As for sovereignty, is any government in place against the will of its own population sovereign? Why? Because some Europeans drew its borders on the back of a napkin on their way out of town? Sovereignty doesn't exist at the end of the barrel of a gun...though sometimes it's a necessary starting point.

It is because the fearful U.S citizenship are so easily pushed around by the government with threats.

Most here are neither fearful nor easily pushed around by our government.

I was in atocha train station everyday at the time the bombs went off, i was lucky that day i fell asleep. Another terrorist group exploded a bomb car in the very same street a live (50 meters away from my house) and i didn´t support war against any country. So knock it off with 9/11, you lost all simpathy from the world. We don´t apreciate knee jerk reaction that affect the whole world.

You have my sympathy for your direct exposure to the fascist terrorists who use coordinated violence against civilian targets. And you'll have my sympathy regardless of what you or your government does about it. Interesting that yours is given or taken away like a poker chip during the process of political discourse.

My philophy is to treat people like you would like to be treated, and it seems to be working so far.
I was tempted to go by the "I will do it because i can" philosophy, and the "i can do it because i am good no matter what, you cannot do it because you are evil no matter what" But i realized that there was too many people with those philosophis and decided to be a bit diferent.

And thankfully you live in a nation who's government has put in place the institutions and rule of law that allow you your philosophy. Many still live under regimes that permit no such luxury. The dickheads who blew up your transit system would like very much to take those rights away from you.

The fascists who intentionally target women and children in order to instill fear and promote their unique brand of hatred are your enemy. Not George Bush.

I posted here in a forum I swore I would never post in because of my dismay with which many flippantly throw around US casualty figures as a means to as a means to attack Bush. Bush provides many opportunities all on his own to invite attack.

If we want to play the numbers game, perhaps we should argue about the 40,000 killed in Kashmir and the lack of an adequate international response. Perhaps we should move on to Darfur and the 100,000 killed in another religious "misunderstanding". Perhaps we should look to Rwanda and the 800,000 genocide that occurred under our collective noses. Maybe the 40,000,000 body count that socialism and communism have racked up over the years.

If we want to play the numbers game, perhaps we should argue about the 40,000 killed in Kashmir and the lack of an adequate international response. Perhaps we should move on to Darfur and the 100,000 killed in another religious "misunderstanding". Perhaps we should look to Rwanda and the 800,000 genocide that occurred under our collective noses. Maybe the 40,000,000 body count that socialism and communism have racked up over the years.

Exactly, which also immediately negates the argument that the US is in Iraq mainly for humanitarian reasons.

Please provide a link between 9/11 and Iraq.

Militant Islamic terrorism and the governments who subsidize and sponsor it.

What is Saudi Arabia!
Did I win anything?:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."