jumperconway

Wake Up Liberals, I Don't Post Here Or Read Here!

I live in Houston and we woulld take care of our own.

Well....that could be disputed. After all, Houston's air is more polluted than most. Air pollution is linked to both lung cancer and birth defects.

A quarter of my current hospitalized patients are displaced because of the hurricane. These are not people who New Orleans could have taken care of right now. I'm so glad that we didn't expect them to pick themselves up by THEIR bootstraps. Couldn't have been done. They have no bootstraps left.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Welcome to the truth

Sorry, we can't handle the truth!

A better question -- which few journalists ask -- is why weren't the roughly 2,000 municipal and school buses in New Orleans utilized to take people out of the city before Katrina struck?

Because these folks were saving their own families, first!

no no no, because the locals did not follow their plan, The bus drivers are part of (or should be) civil defense. How do I know, I'm part of the CD network here in Florida. I am the first one up with hurricane shutters because i know when I get off work
It'll be way to windy to try to put them up. Piss poor planning at the local level.

IMHO

Lib seem to ignore the truth or facts if it does not support thier hatred of GWB.

It has to "feel" good and invoke an emotional responce to have value:S

Again, just my opinon.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Lib seem to ignore the truth or facts if it does not support thier hatred of BWB

Who's Bob Bush?

Con's seem to ignore truth or facts if it does not support their hatred of, well, anyone who isn't a Con. Oh wait, thats a ridiculous blanket statement with nothing to back it up, still, it is just my opinion.:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Welcome to the truth

Sorry, we can't handle the truth!

A better question -- which few journalists ask -- is why weren't the roughly 2,000 municipal and school buses in New Orleans utilized to take people out of the city before Katrina struck?

Because these folks were saving their own families, first!

------
Which comes back to the point of piss poor planning on the local level, not the national level. If you live in a bowl, you should prepare differently than if you live on a mountain top.

My mis print was Bush's fault>:(

Hell, I am learning that everything must be Bush's fault.

Oh, and I also forget that I can't have an opinon that is contrary to the libs ideas:S I know this because I am called names and told that I am uneducated, ignorant and that I should not be allowed to vote because I do not know what is good.........even for me!
Abraham Lincoln

Oh, and I also forget that I can't have an opinon that is contrary to the libs ideas:S

And they say the same thing about cons. Right and left are two sides of the same silly coin

I know this because I am called names and told that I am uneducated, ignorant and that I should not be allowed to vote because I do not know what is good.........even for me!

Whew, at least I have never said that, but then I am not a liberal (at least not what I presume is your definition anyway). I just like to point out inconsistencies. :P
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Right and left are two sides of the same silly coin

I you believe that you are not paying attention!

Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, right, so why did the President say that the response was not good enough and take some responsibility for it.
I guess GWB does not read the post gazette.

Funny... Bush says something and you believe him because it favors your opinion. Bush says something else which you don't agree with and he is (Pick one) A lier, racist, moron, hawk, murderer...

good double standard :-)

Personally, I still believe it is the fault of
1) THe people who could leave and chose not to
2) Local Government.... THe Mayor has proven himself incompetent.
3) State Government ... The Gov is also a moron and incompetent.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Oh I pay attention. I just see through the trees. Sure, the immediate goals differ, but both sides want and do the same thing:

The other side MUST be wrong
To show they are right they will say how evil the other side is
They both want controlling power
They both would like to see the other gone
Compromise is a last resort
You partyline is more important than actual thinking

And the kicker: both are tearing the country apart.

Yeah, right, so why did the President say that the response was not good enough and take some responsibility for it.
I guess GWB does not read the post gazette.

He took responsibility for a national government that was not prepared to over step it's duties and rescue the victims that the city and state govenments didn't have the foresight to protect. The local governments failed their own constituents by not providing transportation away from the bowl that they live in. Blame the president for not over stepping the boundries of his duties. The states are protected from the federal government for a reason. This is why the state of Texas has the right to succeed from the union.

Oh I pay attention. I just see through the trees. Sure, the immediate goals differ, but both sides want and do the same thing:

Now, to me at least, you have proven to me you are not pay attention.

One side continually condems what the other is doing while never offering any solutions.
The other side is offering solutions and then defending themselves from the attacks.

Obviously, you don't, or refuse, to see the difference:S
Abraham Lincoln

How about personal responsibility? Don't blame the president for not taking care of the indigent residents that are prisoners of the state that support them and then let them down.

Now, to me at least, you have proven to me you are not pay attention.

One side continually condems what the other is doing while never offering any solutions.
The other side is offering solutions and then defending themselves from the attacks.

Obviously, you don't, or refuse, to see the difference:S

For some reason you seem to think that telling me what is wrong with Democrats will convince me that Republicans are wonderful. It will not. You are absolutely correct, they offer very little in the way of strong solutions to a problem.

However, I don't find Republicans to be doing all that great either. Giving solutions that do not work well is not a good solution. you can ask me, 'what is 2 +2?" all day, but if I yell out every number save for four, I am still wrong.

The Republicans now are not about small government and less instrusiveness. They may offer more ideas, but I don't like most of them. To me, the only thing conservative about them is their morality.

And just to reiterate this one more time: Just because I don't like republicans does not mean I love democrats. Try to see it from more than a binary method. Giving examples of how the opposite side of your coin is bad is not going to convince me that the other side is good when I don't like either.

For some reason you seem to think that telling me what is wrong with Democrats will convince me that Republicans are wonderful. It will not. You are absolutely correct, they offer very little in the way of strong solutions to a problem.

However, I don't find Republicans to be doing all that great either. Giving solutions that do not work well is not a good solution. you can ask me, 'what is 2 +2?" all day, but if I yell out every number save for four, I am still wrong.

The Republicans now are not about small government and less instrusiveness. They may offer more ideas, but I don't like most of them. To me, the only thing conservative about them is their morality.

And just to reiterate this one more time: Just because I don't like republicans does not mean I love democrats. Try to see it from more than a binary method. Giving examples of how the opposite side of your coin is bad is not going to convince me that the other side is good when I don't like either.

There is so much that I agree with here that I don't even know where to start. Nicely done. I'm still looking for a party that stands out on fiscal issues, not social.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You seem to think I only side with one or the other.

While I do lean one way, I too am not very happy with the way the right is taking the country. While I do agree with what is going on in Iraq, the spending and growing of the government is terrible.

But I can not support a party that looks only to tear the other down to simply gain power either.

Canada maybe:S
sorry, I got carried away[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

rehmwa - thanks. Yes, a good fiscal party would be nice. If the libertarians would stop touting their weed agenda and just being silly, they might actually have that potential. Oh well. I would say splinter group, but I think they are small enough already. :)
rushmc - I am only going on what I see in your posts. I have not seen much to tell me you do not simply side with Republicans till just now. Sorry for the inference I guess. ;)