rhino

I need your help.....................................................

I have made 100 phone calls trying to find (A) point of contact in the Red Cross, United Way, or Salvation Army to start compiling a list of families that need to be sponsored. I need everyones help..

I am building a sponsor a family website.. My wife and I want to bring in a family ourselves, clothe them, feed them, and get them back on their feet. ... We can't find this information...

We need soldiers on the ground in the effected areas to help us....

I need list of families immediately. Already know few dozen people willing to do the same thing we are...

Who wants to help me get this information???

I need them to call or email me.. [email protected] or pm me for my phone number..

We need to help these people.. I'm not sending money to the red cross but I will be more than happy to help myself.

PLease help me help these people..

Rob

I have made 100 phone calls trying to find (A) point of contact in the Red Cross, United Way, or Salvation Army to start compiling a list of families that need to be sponsored. I need everyones help..

I am building a sponsor a family website.. My wife and I want to bring in a family ourselves, clothe them, feed them, and get them back on their feet. ... We can't find this information...

We need soldiers on the ground in the effected areas to help us....

I need list of families immediately. Already know few dozen people willing to do the same thing we are...

Who wants to help me get this information???

I need them to call or email me.. [email protected] or pm me for my phone number..

We need to help these people.. I'm not sending money to the red cross but I will be more than happy to help myself.

PLease help me help these people..

Rob

Good idea ,Rob.
And kudos to you for wanting to help those in need.

Just a suggestion; as you are obviously determined to help *those in need*, perhaps you should consider driving down some of the backroads of the closest major city to your home. I'm certain you will find needy folks . Heck, they've been there right under your nose long before "Katrina".

Blues,
Cliff

Why do people only put this much effort into helping others when a major tragedy strikes? (not aimed at your Rhino - just an observation after 9/11, the Tsunami and this).

Why do people only put this much effort into helping others when a major tragedy strikes? (not aimed at your Rhino - just an observation after 9/11, the Tsunami and this).

Hi CBS

Right you are. One Xmas our Co. visited a homeless shelter and said they wanted to do something for the holiday.

The shelter director responded they needed help year round not just xmas:o.

R.I.P.

A couple of thoughts...

Because many of those people didn't NEED shelter or clothing before the tragedies?

Would 'Fuck it let them all drown' be better?

Hey if I lost everything during a natural disaster I'm not gonna look at someone that donates clothes for my kids and food for us and say, "Yeah, but what have you done besides this?"
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

The shelter director responded they needed help year round not just xmas

In Houston at least one of the worst times for food pantries and shelters is summer. Food pantries because children who are fed on the school lunch program aren't in school, and shelters because, well, people think about them at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the money from that runs out in the summer.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

One Xmas our Co. visited a homeless shelter and said they wanted to do something for the holiday. The shelter director responded they needed help year round not just xmas.

Which makes you wonder: is their offer of xmas assistance really an altruistic offer to help others, or just a small sacrifice to make themselves feel good.

I've always wondered the same thing about the slavery issue. Many people opposed slavery because it went against God, and if it wasn't stopped, then God would punish America, including them. So, did they oppose slavery because they truly felt sorry for the black slaves? Or did they oppose it for their own selfish reasons of not wanting to get caught up in the backlash?

I wouldnt say it would be entirely because of

or just a small sacrifice to make themselves feel good.

I think a part of it has to do with that , at least in my opinion is that we get wrapped up in our own lives, children, school, work , that sometimes we dont stop and remember. Then come the holidays, which are a time for stopping, remembering, loving... we tend to also remember those who are in need.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

> is their offer of xmas assistance really an altruistic offer to help others,
>or just a small sacrifice to make themselves feel good.

Feeling good about altruism does not change the value of said altruism. The opposite is true as well - feeling bad about an evil or selfish deed does not mitigate it.

I dont think it would be irrespective of everything else... looks look at a extreme case... someone is in jail for murder, but they set up a foundation to help others.... do they deserve our respect? They dont in my opinion.

I dont think it would be irrespective of everything else... looks look at a extreme case... someone is in jail for murder, but they set up a foundation to help others.... do they deserve our respect? They dont in my opinion.

Many ex-cons and former drug users have set up foundations, started rehab programs, engage in public speaking programs to help educate and deter others. All good things, in my opinion.

ex-con is different ..... he is currently not taking care of things he should and hurting people....

and ex con is someone who did something bad , did their time .... became a better person

someone still in jail for a crime, is just that

actually yes, in a way, they paid for their crimes.... they are allowed back into society...

yup good job Rob, leave your son in the shaft but hell set up a website for others and it all negates you taking care of your obligations as a dad... and a man...

yup good job Rob, leave your son in the shaft but hell set up a website for others and it all negates you taking care of your obligations as a dad... and a man...

See, now that *is* just being antagonistic. My advice to you would be to pack it in, because to those of us that don't personally know you, it just makes you seem like a quite nasty person, which i suspect isn't really the case.