rushmc

Not A Dam Good Thing to Report Out of Iraq

Whoops Sorry chaps for butting in..... but Mike, Iraq was never about terroism That is, untill we attacked!). The US/UK et al. were NEVER at risk from SH. So citing terrorism now is a flawed argument IMO.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Whoops Sorry chaps for butting in..... but Mike, Iraq was never about terroism That is, untill we attacked!). The US/UK et al. were NEVER at risk from SH. So citing terrorism now is a flawed argument IMO.

The good old UK phrases (chaps!;);):P),

Its cool we all different argumnets and oppinions, though.:)

but whether we were at risk or not, but we are fighting terorist there now. so if we are drawing them to the battle ground then that must be a good thing? keep em away from us?

Wow, that's an interesting stance. We cause a situation, so it's O.K to perpetuate it? How can you justify that?

Iraq did nothing wrong ..... except thumb it's nose at America.... and innocent people died.
For 12 years, 12 years between the 2 sand-box wars, we bombed Iraq, almost daily. Why exactly?

It's beyond me:S

(.)Y(.)

Ahhh, that came out wrong - sorry

It sounded veyr selfish, in the sense that we were putting our probslems onto other people.

What i mean was , that if we have to fight the terrorists, adn we can stop a dictator, then we might as well fight them at the same time.

I mean saddam was a murderer, so removing him was a good thing. If the terrorists want to fight their, then it lures them out of hiding - if you see what im getting at. Instead of them blowing themselves up or hiding, we are luring them into a place where we can deal with them.

Easier said though, and its important to say that all trropps in Iraw are doing a great job, whether it is justified for them to be there or not.

I think thast slightly fairer in that sense. But keeping saddam in power was wrong, apart from if you look at it from self interest 0 he was a buffer to Iran, so we benefited from that.

Getting rid of SH was a good thing? Well, (and dont get me wrong he is/was an arse of the worst order, but the world has a really big supply of them!!) was it?
If we really cared about the lives in Iraq, we wouldn't have killed so many of them!!

I mean look at the number of dead innocents (men, women amd kids), was that worth it? Did they not have any rights to live?
Look at the distruction that a decade+ of bombing achieved..... was that worth it?
How many terrorists can we claim .vs. how many really pissed off people (and thus potential freedom fighters/terrorists)?
How many Million Pounds of damage compared to the profits of some large corporations?

There's a big picture here and it really doesnt center around terrorism (well, at least not the rag-tag bands in Iraq). They present NO credible threat to the US/UK - NONE.

(.)Y(.)

What you rasied are really valuable points, don;t get me wrong , but the way we interpret them depends on our stance.

Although may have been killed, i still do care about them. of course i do. i would be a cold hearted bastard if i didn't.

But i still disagree with the terrorism thing, but thanks for putting your arguments forward in such a polite manner dude.

Unfortunately some people i know (whuffos lol) would just rant and rave their oppinion without considering the other side.

Cheers, much appreciated,:)
Mike

You nailed it. Withdrawal won't happen in this administration, but it will be the end result eventually, and a democratic Iraq will never exist in our lifetime. Period. Anyone who doubts this had better get a good grasp of Middle Eastern history - FROM THEM, not fox nor cnn.

But what the hell do those Iraqis know, after all? We got right wingers right here with the inside story!

;)Glad to see ;) you're comin' ;) around, Bill. ;););)

Hey, even tho' we disagree politically, you rock. (Seriously.)
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

[tongue in cheek]But, but, but the press told me we were in a quagmire and that there's no hope. Newsmax is an evil, lacivious, lying press-voice for the far-right-neocon-fringe. How dare you spread this filth!

DOn't you know that nothing good can happen there???!!!

---- [ /tongue in cheek]
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

all right, so you and the other people who complain about the liberal media are right. if things are going so good in iraq and are just going unreported, then why do we still need to be there?

people see me as a challenge to their balance

> if things are going so good in iraq and are just going unreported,
> then why do we still need to be there?

Don't be silly! Things are going so well, we're sending another 1500 over. Let's just hope things don't get any "better."

Thats good. If we would go ahead and send enough troops over to get this over, all the better. BTW the additional 1500 are there due to the anticipated violence during the elections.

all right, so you and the other people who complain about the liberal media are right. if things are going so good in iraq and are just going unreported, then why do we still need to be there?

nice spin :S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Don't be silly! Things are going so well, we're sending another 1500 over. Let's just hope things don't get any "better."

Thats good. If we would go ahead and send enough troops over to get this over, all the better. BTW the additional 1500 are there due to the anticipated violence during the elections.

I don't think it's good - my son is one of the 82nd Airborne who's being sent.

IMO we should never have been there, and should not be there now.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

IMO we should never have been there, and should not be there now.

I know you respect your sons choice to serve even though as a father I know this is tearing you up inside. Your son will be in my thoughts.

Thats good. If we would go ahead and send enough troops over to get this over, all the better. BTW the additional 1500 are there due to the anticipated violence during the elections.***

It is obvious that this strategy of continuing to send more troops is not working and most likely will never work as the violence in Iraq will continue while the U.S. tries to instill an American style government. The insurgents and most likely a high number of Iraqis will settle for nothing less than an Islamic Rule. The violence will continue. The U.S. will continue to send troops. Americans will continue to die there. Haliburton will continue to profit building schools (all the while schools in the U.S. continue to close due to lack of funding). Insurgents will continue to occupy said buildings. The U.S. will continue to bomb said buildings and haliburton will continue to rebuild. All the while the U.S. will continue to send more troops, more money. I see nothing noble in this. Sending more troops will never get the U.S. out of this. The insurgents and Iragis who are deadset against the U.S. have an endless supply of people willing to fight. They come from all points and are willing to drive car bombs. Their kind are the most dangerous and are impossiable to defeat. I have no solution to this quagmire anymore than the government does or anybody who post at this site does. What alarms me though is the number of people who are willing to be lemmings and follow without questioning the reason. It seems the U.S. is in for a long hard ride and it most likely will get harder as it gets longer. I liken this war to what the Palenstinians and the Israelies have been doing for years. No one is ever pleased, no matter the outcome. If Islamic Rule does gain control, what then? Another shock and awe? If the U.S. does not get what it wants and the whole shithouse goes up in flames will those who follow Bush blindly continue on with his "noble cause" and jump into the meatgrinder. More good would had been served if the attention given to Iraq would have been given to finding Bin Laden. Bringing him down would had been a noble cause that many would gladly stood for. Sadly Bin Laden still fights today and most likely will fight for many years to come. Saddam wasn't the threat. He was contained and going nowhere while Bin Laden is free to continue on. The administration has no grasp of the word priority.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Kallend, I like your son more than I like you :P

fr

I have a picture of you holding my hand.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

From a year back:

>In another move that highlights the increasing turnover of security
> responsibilities to Iraqi forces, generals from Iraqi and Coalition
> forces joined local tribal leaders at a ceremony where Forward
> Operating Base Dagger in Tikrit, one of Saddam Hussein’s former
> palaces, was officially handed over to the 4th Iraqi Army Division
> this week.

It was just un-handed-over. US troops have moved back into Balad after five days of sectarian fighting killed about 100 people there.

It would sure be nice to think that one day soon, the Iraqi army will "stand up" and we will "stand down." It just ain't happening, and the sooner we realize that we need a different plan, the sooner we (or more accurately the Iraqis) will be able to end the violence.

------------
U.S. forces patrol Balad after violence
46 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. forces patrolled the streets of the predominantly Shiite city of Balad on Tuesday after five days of sectarian slaughter killed 95 people, violence that surged out of control despite the efforts of Iraq's best-trained soldiers.

Iraq's 4th Army took command of the region north of Baghdad a month ago, but had been unable to stem recent attacks in Balad, where the slayings of 17 Shiite Muslim workers on Friday set off revenge killings by Shiites.

Minority Sunnis, who absorbed most of the brutality in the city of 80,000 people, have been fleeing across the Tigris River in small boats, Balad police commander Brig. Nebil al-Beldawi said. On the outskirts of the city, two fuel trucks were attacked and burned.

From a year back:

>In another move that highlights the increasing turnover of security
> responsibilities to Iraqi forces, generals from Iraqi and Coalition
> forces joined local tribal leaders at a ceremony where Forward
> Operating Base Dagger in Tikrit, one of Saddam Hussein’s former
> palaces, was officially handed over to the 4th Iraqi Army Division
> this week.

It was just un-handed-over. US troops have moved back into Balad after five days of sectarian fighting killed about 100 people there.

It would sure be nice to think that one day soon, the Iraqi army will "stand up" and we will "stand down." It just ain't happening, and the sooner we realize that we need a different plan, the sooner we (or more accurately the Iraqis) will be able to end the violence.

------------
U.S. forces patrol Balad after violence
46 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. forces patrolled the streets of the predominantly Shiite city of Balad on Tuesday after five days of sectarian slaughter killed 95 people, violence that surged out of control despite the efforts of Iraq's best-trained soldiers.

Iraq's 4th Army took command of the region north of Baghdad a month ago, but had been unable to stem recent attacks in Balad, where the slayings of 17 Shiite Muslim workers on Friday set off revenge killings by Shiites.

Minority Sunnis, who absorbed most of the brutality in the city of 80,000 people, have been fleeing across the Tigris River in small boats, Balad police commander Brig. Nebil al-Beldawi said. On the outskirts of the city, two fuel trucks were attacked and burned.

It was only a month ago, but a point nonetheless. US troops don't leave an area of operations upon the transfer of security operations, etc.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!